Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

10 years of Trump's Tax Returns Leak

131 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

F3SS

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I'd be lying if I said I did but I do remember him as a tabloid star in a positive way. He for sure wasn't hated.

That beech has a lot of nerve don't she?

At that time, Trump was the King of NYC, the Wizard of Wall Street. All of America waited to see if Trump would go bankrupt. He was down to, I think I saw, his last $800,000 and pulled it out. He filed 4 bankruptcies but never filed for personal bankruptcy. He was hailed as the comeback kid- by the New York Times, and saved his casinos and Trump Tower. He just sold the casinos in the last couple years and still has Trump Tower. He's had failed businesses. That's what large scale business men do. They take risks. Investors also know there is a chance their investment could lose. Obviously he's still up to taking his chances. 

I was on my local ABC channel's website today. I said, they have months of coverage of Trump during this time frame. They shouldn't be making a big deal out of this old news. They know how well covered this was. Nothing hidden. So does NBC, CBS and CNN. It was the top story on all the news broadcasts for months. Trump was the golden boy and stayed that way until he made his bid for President. How do people think he got the Apprentice show? Look at all the celebrities that went on it. He really liked Joan Rivers the year she won. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

 

How many people have $1.2 billion dollars to risk? When you get to the really rich, I'll bet it's happened more than once. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Well, I'd feel a lot more confident of his financial chops if he didn't keep repeating that the tariffs are forcing the Chinese to pay billions of dollars to the US Treasury.  It is the American companies that are buying the goods and the consumers who pay the bill.  Either he does not know that, which shows ignorance of international business or he is lying to the American people.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

difference is, trump lost his money, Hillary wasted ours

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
44 minutes ago, susieice said:

How many people have $1.2 billion dollars to risk? When you get to the really rich, I'll bet it's happened more than once. 

A quick Google pulls this up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-who-lost-the-most-this-year-2014-12

Owners of these mega corporations lose and gain billions all the time. Business issues and market volatility moves their net worths by millions and sometimes billions any given day. Trump's hang up was standard play. Nobody succeeds without failing and nobody successful never fails again. Except maybe Jeff Bezos, he seems unstoppable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

1985-1994

NYT

 

That is the same time frame they crowned him the "Comeback King" because when Atlantic City he took a hit he, like a lot of investors, got hammeredd, but he came back twice as big.  I remember reading that stuff decades ago and this is the biggest FUp you leftists have made in a long time.  I literally laughed out loud when the NYT's breathlessly released this info and never looked at their archives. Of course, the NYT's is about 1/10th their size from those days.  Too funny but hey, you are going to get an impeachment after today, unbelievable stupidity but great stuff. 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

A quick Google pulls this up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-who-lost-the-most-this-year-2014-12

Owners of these mega corporations lose and gain billions all the time. Business issues and market volatility moves their net worths by millions and sometimes billions any given day. Trump's hang up was standard play. Nobody succeeds without failing and nobody successful never fails again. Except maybe Jeff Bezos, he seems unstoppable.

Bezos' wife put a good dent in him but he's not near the poverty level by any means. At present, he's worth $160 billion. For him to invest $1-2 billion dollars in a might fly/might not deal is nothing. Usually something will work out and cover the losses for those that don't. Amazon is solid but I'm sure he's had some failures. Look at Warren Buffett. He's worth $89.9 billion at last count. Both of these men are worth more than Trump and I'm sure they've lost more too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, Merc14 said:

That is the same time frame where they crowned him the "Comeback King" because when Atlantic City he took a hit like a lot of investors but he came back twice as big.  I remember reading that stuff decades ago and this is the biggest FU you leftists have made in a long time.  I literally laughed out loud when the NYT's breathlessly released this info and never looked at their archives. Of course, the NYT's is about 1/10th their size from those days.  Too funny but hey, you are going to get an impeachment after today, unbelievable stupidity but great stuff. 

Yes Merc. It was the NYT that gave him that nickname. All these media outlets have archives of this. It was a huge story! Trump pre-President, financed a lot of politicians and Hollywood. If they wanted money to make their movie, they went to Trump. He also had a rivalry going with Steve Wynn, who was owner of the Golden Nugget and the Mirage in Las Vegas for a while. If you google the richest top 10 casino owners Wynn is 4th and Trump is 5th.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim

If the IRS doesn't have a problem with his tax returns there's no reason anyone else should.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, Big Jim said:

If the IRS doesn't have a problem with his tax returns there's no reason anyone else should.

I'm sure he's been audited hard for years. Especially in that time frame where he went through this recovery.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
6 minutes ago, susieice said:

Yes Merc. It was the NYT that gave him that nickname. All these media outlets have archives of this. It was a huge story! Trump pre-President, financed a lot of politicians and Hollywood. If they wanted money to make their movie, they went to Trump. He also had a rivalry going with Steve Wynn, who was owner of the Golden Nugget and the Mirage in Las Vegas for a while. If you google the richest top 10 casino owners Wynn is 4th and Trump is 5th.

I am not surprised at the ridiculous reaction of the MSM, they do zero research it seems.  Sad how far our press has fallen.  This is all well known stuff because the NYT's published it themselves but guys my age remember so nothing new, but to report it so breathlessly is, frankly, embarrassing. 

Now we are looking at 20 more months of the democrat congress trying to prove the Mueller investigation wrong while bigger issues are ignored.  Ugly stuff.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Posted (edited)

Just looking at the list of celebrities that appeared on the Apprentice. Wow. Khloe Kardashian, Piers Morgan won, Sharon Osborne, Bret Michaels won. I remember him offering Dennis Rodman help because he had such an alcohol issue.

It's amazing looking back at who all he had on that show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Apprentice_(U.S.)_candidates

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

I'm not fan of trump but even I don't see why this is such a big deal. BUT it IS a bigger deal than the Hilary stuff posted above. (CDS maybe?)

Everyone with a brain could see that trump wasn't as good at business as he claimed and that his money was all due to his inheritance and ability to promote himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
10 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm not fan of trump but even I don't see why this is such a big deal. BUT it IS a bigger deal than the Hilary stuff posted above. (CDS maybe?)

Everyone with a brain could see that trump wasn't as good at business as he claimed and that his money was all due to his inheritance and ability to promote himself. 

Hmm.. I dunno RJ. His inheritence - compared to the worth of Trump Enterprises - was pretty modest ? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
23 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm not fan of trump but even I don't see why this is such a big deal. BUT it IS a bigger deal than the Hilary stuff posted above. (CDS maybe?)

Everyone with a brain could see that trump wasn't as good at business as he claimed and that his money was all due to his inheritance and ability to promote himself. 

So the ability to promote himself doesn't make him a good businessman?

Fred Trump died in 1999 and split 20 mil among 5 children. Donald Trump was well established by then and I'm sure Fred Trump helped him along the way as he probably did with his other children.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So the ability to promote himself doesn't make him a good businessman?

Fred Trump died in 1999 and split 20 mil among 5 children. Donald Trump was well established by then and I'm sure Fred Trump helped him along the way as he probably did with his other children.

It makes him a good promoter. Not a good businessman. 

And maybe i shouldn't have said "inheritance" when I meant money given to him by his father both while alive and after death. All of which was MUCH more than 20 million....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

as lotto winners proved, having money fall on your head does not mean you can manage it and make more, quite the opposite actually,  more of those winners than not ended up just where they started, or even more in debt,  

more and more proof, that poor are not poor because they have no money, they have no money cuz they have no proper mindset to make it and keep it. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
31 minutes ago, aztek said:

as lotto winners proved, having money fall on your head does not mean you can manage it and make more, quite the opposite actually,  more of those winners than not ended up just where they started, or even more in debt,  

more and more proof, that poor are not poor because they have no money, they have mo money cuz they have no proper mindset to make it and keep it. 

That's a good post. If you have drive and a good head on your shoulders, you will be successful in America. It almost doesn't matter what profession you go in to as long as your mindset is right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029

Relax, everybody -

The House subpoenaed Trump's tax returns and has now issued a contempt citation against the Attorney General.

Doesn't really matter what Trump or the Attorney General do.  There are dozens of accounting firms, legal offices and others who have copies of Trump's tax returns.  They don't want to by cited for Contempt of Congress, so as soon as they see a subpoena, they'll come running, tax returns in hand, to tell everything they know.

We're going to see Trump's tax returns whether he likes it or not and whether we ask him or not.

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

Relax, everybody -

The House subpoenaed Trump's tax returns and has now issued a contempt citation against the Attorney General.

Doesn't really matter what Trump or the Attorney General do.  There are dozens of accounting firms, legal offices and others who have copies of Trump's tax returns.  They don't want to by cited for Contempt of Congress, so as soon as they see a subpoena, they'll come running, tax returns in hand, to tell everything they know.

We're going to see Trump's tax returns whether he likes it or not and whether we ask him or not.

Doug

So why didn't congress go to them in the first place?  :rolleyes:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
13 hours ago, susieice said:

Look at Warren Buffett. He's worth $89.9 billion at last count. Both of these men are worth more than Trump and I'm sure they've lost more too.

Yes indeed.  One difference is that Warren Buffett has a solid but not a flashy investing policy that he shares freely in interviews and articles.  He is a conservative and smart investor.  Warren Buffett would never style himself the debt king.  I am liberal in some of my social policies but solidly conservative in matters of debt and money.

Amazingly to my conservative compatriots, some of President Trump's policies, I can agree with, but never his view on money.   Border security, getting tough on China trade, putting a curb on Iran, dealing with NK, and trying to keep things on an even keel with Russia are pretty good. I wish his approach and style were a little different,  but getting out of foreign military entanglements seems pretty smart too.

But his views and policy on money are beyond liberal. He is a lot more like Bernie Madoff running a giant Ponzi scheme than Warren Buffett.    And that, his personal approach to money has caused him a lot more trouble than his conservative views on other matters. A country could operate like a Buffett business, but it is doomed if it follows the Trump model. 

14 hours ago, aztek said:

difference is, trump lost his money,

No he didn't .  He lost borrowed and leveraged money.  He stiffed banks and contractors and walked away with what was left of their money.   Bankruptcy was his friend in personal business.  It is not an option for a country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes indeed.  One difference is that Warren Buffett has a solid but not a flashy investing policy that he shares freely in interviews and articles.  He is a conservative and smart investor.  Warren Buffett would never style himself the debt king.  I am liberal in some of my social policies but solidly conservative in matters of debt and money.

Amazingly to my conservative compatriots, some of President Trump's policies, I can agree with, but never his view on money.   Border security, getting tough on China trade, putting a curb on Iran, dealing with NK, and trying to keep things on an even keel with Russia are pretty good. I wish his approach and style were a little different,  but getting out of foreign military entanglements seems pretty smart too.

But his views and policy on money are beyond liberal. He is a lot more like Bernie Madoff running a giant Ponzi scheme than Warren Buffett.    And that, his personal approach to money has caused him a lot more trouble than his conservative views on other matters. A country could operate like a Buffett business, but it is doomed if it follows the Trump model. 

No he didn't .  He lost borrowed and leveraged money.  He stiffed banks and contractors and walked away with what was left of their money.   Bankruptcy was his friend in personal business.  It is not an option for a country.

 

I hear what you're saying but you need to remember also, Trump came out of Wall Street which is very aggressive in it's trading and dealing. It's just the environment he's been in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes indeed.  One difference is that Warren Buffett has a solid but not a flashy investing policy that he shares freely in interviews and articles.  He is a conservative and smart investor.  Warren Buffett would never style himself the debt king.  I am liberal in some of my social policies but solidly conservative in matters of debt and money.

Amazingly to my conservative compatriots, some of President Trump's policies, I can agree with, but never his view on money.   Border security, getting tough on China trade, putting a curb on Iran, dealing with NK, and trying to keep things on an even keel with Russia are pretty good. I wish his approach and style were a little different,  but getting out of foreign military entanglements seems pretty smart too.

But his views and policy on money are beyond liberal. He is a lot more like Bernie Madoff running a giant Ponzi scheme than Warren Buffett.    And that, his personal approach to money has caused him a lot more trouble than his conservative views on other matters. A country could operate like a Buffett business, but it is doomed if it follows the Trump model. 

No he didn't .  He lost borrowed and leveraged money.  He stiffed banks and contractors and walked away with what was left of their money.   Bankruptcy was his friend in personal business.  It is not an option for a country.

 

I believe a lot of real estate investors, expeically with interests in Atlantic City, got creamed during that time but not debating his personal finances as it isn't relevant IMHO.  What matters is how he handles te US economy and so far he has done a maginificent job, especially considering the disastrous handling of the economy over the previous 8. 

As far as bankrupttcy, it isn't an option for a country because they can never go bankrupt, they simply print more money.  Of course that renders said money worthless but the bill was still paid.  :D

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
18 hours ago, aztek said:

difference is, trump lost his money, Hillary wasted ours

No, the real issue is that Trumpski and his paymasters behind the Iron Curtain STOLE an election from the US’ rightful leader, Hilary Clinton. IT WAS HER TURN GODDAMNIT!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.