Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glen Rose, Texas, USA

Desertrat56

There is a small town in Texas near a state park that has dinosaur footprints in the rock and bones have been found.  Near that park is a man who has created a bible museum all about proof that dinosaurs and humans cohabitated.

I will see if I can find a website for the museum.  I have not been to the museum but I have been to Glen Rose twice, once for a dog show and once for the first Women's UFO Conference.

https://www.glenrosetexas.org/

here is the link to the museum.

https://creationevidence.org/

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just think it is hilarious.  And he gets quite a bit of traffic to that museum from what I can tell.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I just think it is hilarious.  And he gets quite a bit of traffic to that museum from what I can tell.

Ah, I thought you were posting it seriously at first. This stuff is pretty entertaining, especially Carl Baugh's antics.

• Like 4

Yes this reminds me of the that fellow who flooded the internet years ago with 'Man as old as coal' meme.

Edited:

Yeah Ed Conrad

https://edwardtbabinski.us/creationism/ed-conrads-man-as-old-as-coal.html

• Like 1

Oh yeah:

http://www.creationevidence.org/evidence/crystillane_canopy_theory.php

"Abstract:

In this paper the firmament (raqiya) that was divinely made on Day Two is held to extend throughout space as a universal macrocosm expanse of lattice structure consisting of charged subatomic particles. These particles formed the structure that would later stabilize the universal arrangement of stellar bodies and various atomic elements. Recent analysis of astronomical polarization data demonstrates that the universe has an optical axis, and the universe appears to behave in a similar way as a crystal with optical activity.

Simultaneously, in order to focus the benefit of universal radiation, the firmament is held to be localized as a thin microcosm complex of crystalline structure suspended directly above Earth; this structure consisted of strong magnetic flux lines holding silicate sugilite, hydrogen, water molecules and possibly various metallic colloids in its force field. Water in Earth’s spherical mass was utilized in its solid form in making the localized crystalline firmament, and was simultaneously distributed throughout space in its various molecular forms in the establishing of the firmament as a universal expanse. Earth’s local crystalline canopy in its physical design would uniquely absorb and transfer the radiation of the stellar bodies that were later placed in the universal expanse. These stellar bodies were made to be an orchestrated symphony of mass, energy and radiation, specifically designed to benefit planet Earth and its inhabitants.

The firmament as a universal expanse, and its localized crystalline structure suspended above the Earth in the original pre-Flood creation, are viewed as one seamless whole in the concept and usage of the Hebrew word raqiya."

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

The problem is God's day could be a million years of our days.  So the use of the word day in a "scientific" paper in relation to god is a big error.

31 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Ah, I thought you were posting it seriously at first. This stuff is pretty entertaining, especially Carl Baugh's antics.

The article about the 'archeologist' finding proof of "The Exodus" made me think of this.

My dad was a petroleum geologist in Texas.  When I was about 10 he and I took a trip to Glen Rose.  He knew the area pretty well.    We got to see the trackways and a few extracted ones. leaning up against trees.  For a 10 year old in love with dinosaurs, they were absolutely cool, and the cause of one or two nightmares.  No museum then in the late 60's, it was a pretty rough track in and no "This Way" signs at all.   And no human footprints.  Must have been an afterthought.  I don't think my dad would have paid the admission  for a creation museum anyway.

• Like 9

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

There is a small town in Texas near a state park that has dinosaur footprints in the rock and bones have been found.  Near that park is a man who has created a bible museum all about proof that dinosaurs and humans cohabitated.

If such traces of giants were in the days of dinosaurs, it would violate the whole evolution that scientists wrote for us in the books, so we can say with confidence that they will pass off all the facts and traces as false or will find clever theories leading away. For me, if at that time there were animals that were very high, then half-intelligent or other kind of upright walking creatures also had to be of enormous height. And the Easter Island statues are proof of that. This is not an image of our race and not our race man-made creation but even here scientists remain blind.

If you believe that there were giant creatures stay with your opinion even in the minority because the truth is the most expensive.

Why were the creatures in the ocean and when they reached the land were of enormous size? Because the gods had enormous sizes and transferred them to the animals and the first races at the beginning of evolution but as we move away from the divine and natural-enlightened to the material and dense state we lost our initial growth and now we became dwarfs compared to the first races and gods.

Edited by Coil
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

@Coil What?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

@Coil What?

He didn't bother to find out that these "human" tracks at Glen Rose are normal size.

Thinks this thread is about giants.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I will see if I can find a website for the museum.  I have not been to the museum but I have been to Glen Rose twice, once for a dog show and once for the first Women's UFO Conference.

https://www.glenrosetexas.org/

https://creationevidence.org/

Hi Desertrat

I live near here and have been there a couple of times

Visit Drumheller, Dinosaur Capital of the World | Travel Drumheller

Royal Tyrrell Museum | Exhibits

jmccr8

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

@Coil What?

Coil’s never said much of interest to anyone. You won’t be better off if he somehow figures out how to be coherent. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol: 

We use to have creationists come into the museum I worked at all the time just to hassle us. They certainly are a rather empty headed bunch. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've been there and seen the "human" footprints and they do look a lot like a human print.  But they also look like they could have been made by a small dinosaur like critter as well.  I wear a size 12 shoe and they were smaller than mine.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Coil said:

If such traces of giants were in the days of dinosaurs, it would violate the whole evolution that scientists wrote for us in the books, so we can say with confidence that they will pass off all the facts and traces as false or will find clever theories leading away. For me, if at that time there were animals that were very high, then half-intelligent or other kind of upright walking creatures also had to be of enormous height. And the Easter Island statues are proof of that. This is not an image of our race and not our race man-made creation but even here scientists remain blind.

If you believe that there were giant creatures stay with your opinion even in the minority because the truth is the most expensive.

Why were the creatures in the ocean and when they reached the land were of enormous size? Because the gods had enormous sizes and transferred them to the animals and the first races at the beginning of evolution but as we move away from the divine and natural-enlightened to the material and dense state we lost our initial growth and now we became dwarfs compared to the first races and gods.

I think you have a huge misunderstanding of how science works.

Suppose we find tracks  of humans that are 3 billion years old. There are not supposed to be multicellular creatures at that time let alone humans. Current theories get thrown out and new ones are proposed.

That is not the case. There are no human footprints dated earlier than recent times(geologically speaking).

You seem to be completely messed up with the Easter Island statues. There are larger statues. You should look into it. Think India.

• Like 4

I live about 1 1/2 hours away from there.  I've been to the dinosaur park, but avoid the Creation Museum like the plague (which it is.)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I live about 1 1/2 hours away from there.  I've been to the dinosaur park, but avoid the Creation Museum like the plague (which it is.)

Lucky you - if the facility gets fired bombed I think you might go on the suspect list.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Do you live near Stephenville?

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you live near Stephenville?

She is easy to detect. Drives a large truck with a B-17 twin turret fastened above the passenger seat and sports a bumper sticker reading: There are only two kinds of people: those that love Petroglyphs and those that are not within my sight".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2019 at 5:15 AM, stereologist said:

I think you have a huge misunderstanding of how science works.Suppose we find tracks  of humans that are 3 billion years old. There are not supposed to be multicellular creatures at that time let alone humans. Current theories get thrown out and new ones are proposed.That is not the case. There are no human footprints dated earlier than recent times(geologically speaking).You seem to be completely messed up with the Easter Island statues. There are larger statues. You should look into it. Think India.

You see, several different races lived on Earth at the same time, and some were giants, and at that time we could be cavemen or some kind of earth-like beginning in our pre-human evolution.

Look, on earth there is a backward people of the Bushmen. This is some sort of degraded race if they sank into development to hunting.
 And if our race dies out and the continents sink into the water and their remains will find and establish that they lived in our time, they will erroneously come to the conclusion that there was a primitive life on earth at that time, but this is not so. So the advanced races plunged into the ocean (Lemuria and Atlantis) so scientists find the remains of only cavemen, Neanderthals, Cro-Magnons but gigantic races that were higher in consciousness they could not find because their continents are under water.And from Lemuria and the giants only Easter Island in the ocean remained and statues.

Edited by Coil

18 minutes ago, Coil said:

You see, several different races lived on Earth at the same time, and some were giants, and at that time we could be cavemen or some kind of earth-like beginning in our pre-human evolution.

Several different species and subspecies of Homo lived together at the same time but "race" is purely a cultural construct and we never lived in caves. We just used them as hunting party stopovers or for ceremonies. 

Also due to the "square cube law" of physiology and the lack of any skeletal evidence. Giants never existed except in fairy tales. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Piney said:

Several different species and subspecies of Homo lived together at the same time but "race" is purely a cultural construct and we never lived in caves. We just used them as hunting party stopovers or for ceremonies. 

Also due to the "square cube law" of physiology and the lack of any skeletal evidence. Giants never existed except in fairy tales. 

Your business is not to believe but when  gets cold, you will not live with your relatives in the open air but the easiest way is to find a cave and live there. Even animals dig holes to live there.

Giants are mentioned in the Bible and stand on Easter Island as a reminder of past races. Look at their fingers, they do not look like earthly ones, so how many seconds do you need to understand that these are not people of our race?

latest?cb=20140327183559&path-prefix=ru

Also, their physique and big head is not like the people of our race.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Coil said:

Look, on earth there is a backward people of the Bushmen. This is some sort of degraded race if they sank into development to hunting.
 And if our race dies out and the continents sink into the water and their remains will find and establish that they lived in our time, they will erroneously come to the conclusion that there was a primitive life on earth at that time, but this is not so. So the advanced races plunged into the ocean (Lemuria and Atlantis) so scientists find the remains of only cavemen, Neanderthals, Cro-Magnons but gigantic races that were higher in consciousness they could not find because their continents are under water.And from Lemuria and the giants only Easter Island in the ocean remained and statues.

I see you also have a huge misunderstanding of the available evidence just as you have a huge misunderstanding of science.

Race as applied to humans is similar to race as applied to animals species. They are superficial differences. What you should be using to be making statements comparable to the overwhelming bulk of the research is to state species. That is what you appear to be referring to. The human evolutionary tree is more of a bush if you want to employee descriptions.  This diversity of species does include any giant species. There are instances of taller groups within species. Maybe you want to call the people of the Netherlands giants.

Stereotypical racism: "Look, on earth there is a backward people of the Bushmen."

I suppose that we could correct the sentence by the replacing words:

• "there is a people of the Bushmen."
  • "there is a people of the Bushmen who have a less material oriented culture."

Another blatantly racist comment: "This is some sort of degraded race if they sank into development to hunting." It sounds a lot like the sort of racist comments I used to hear from one of the crazy neighbors I had as a kid arguing racism as a part of their religious views.

All people of the Earth have the ability to do all things. People are clever. As dumb as people want to portray the ancients they forget these are the people that wrote many of the religious texts people cling to so fiercely today. Take an ancient Sumerian telling the precursor to the biblical flood story into today's world and in a short while they would be using cell phones just as people do now.

Fallacy: " continents sink into the water".

That cannot happen. Continents do not sink if they are thick enough. Zealandia is partially submerged due to it being a think continental piece. Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe, Australia, Antarctica are too thick to sink. See isostacy.

Fallacy: "So the advanced races plunged into the ocean (Lemuria and Atlantis)"

These places never existed. Surprised you did not add Mu to your list of fictional places.

Fallacy: "so scientists find the remains of only cavemen, Neanderthals, Cro-Magnons"

The idea of living in caves is only that remains are found in sheltered spots such as the overhangs along cliff faces. Evidence of living at these spots is shown by the existence of smoke on ceilings. The places people lived was near the light of day. Utilizing resources and recognizing the benefits of an overhanging rock face are evidence of clear thinking. The tools found in these places also suggest a development of lithic technology and the introduction of art and the complex mental task of representations. See the Venus figures.

Fallacy: "gigantic races that were higher in consciousness"

There were never any giants and being a larger person does not mean higher intelligence. The idea of larger brains being related to smarter people was shown to be a fallacy back in the 1800s. Seems that you must upgrade your knowledge level by some 150 years.

Fallacy: "And from Lemuria and the giants only Easter Island in the ocean remained and statues."

Not sure where you are going with this gem of wackiness. Easter island is not close to the proposed land bridge once called Lemuria. The proposal of these sorts of land bridges was made when geological motions were supposed to only be vertical. The horizontal motions of plate tectonics would not be properly developed till the 1950s and 1960s.

• Like 6