Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Invokes Executive Privilege

OverSword

The White House invoked executive privilege Wednesday, claiming the right to block lawmakers from the full report from special counsel Robert Mueller on his Trump-Russia probe and escalating the battle between President Donald Trump and Congress.

The administration's decision was announced just as the House Judiciary Committee was gaveling in to consider holding Attorney General William Barr in contempt of Congress over failure to release the full report.

Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler of New York declared the action by Trump's Justice Department was a clear new sign of the president's "blanket defiance" of Congress' constitutional rights. "Every day we learn of new efforts by this administration to stonewall Congress," Nadler said. "This is unprecedented."

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said the action was rather a response to the "blatant abuse of power" by Democratic Rep. Nadler.

Link

• Like 2

Going to prove a bit difficult to uphold considering he already waived it.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Going to prove a bit difficult to uphold considering he already waived it.

How does that work?

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

How does that work?

I think he's mimicking some drivel from CNN or the like.  Deferring to invoke privilege voluntarily does not mean it is forever lost to Trump.  No doubt the Progs will sue and in a few months it will go before the USSC.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

How does that work?

Much like the attorney-client privilege, executive privilege is intended to keep conversations private. Generally speaking, once third parties are told about such conversations, they are no longer secret and the privilege has been waived, legal experts said.

Reuters

Other lawyers have argued that it's not a complete waiver. Whatever the case, this is no more than a stalling tactic.

• Thanks 1

Barr offered up a less-redacted version of the report to 12 members of Congress...6 D's and 6 R's ...so far only 2 Republicans and zero Democrats have bothered looking at it.  What they want is a full un-redacted copy that the press can have a field day with.....at this point...it's over.

Mueller's report is done.  It's finished.  It's over.  What remains is the investigation of the Investigators.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good. He cooperated with everything for 2.5 years giving everything Mueller asked for and then some. The Dems have had enough of a turn already. It's high-time he tells them to shove the rest of their inquiries up their asses. Enough is enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now I know that Trump is yanking the Prog's chain.  The unredacted report (minus grand jury info) is available in the Congressional scif.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Reuters

Other lawyers have argued that it's not a complete waiver. Whatever the case, this is no more than a stalling tactic.

Whatever the case...Barr is determined to find the truth behind the spying by the FBI and the Collusion Story bought and paid for by Hillary and everything else in this twisted, idiotic witch hunt.  And what is most likely to happen is Trump wins and the end result is the complete Draining of the Swamp!  Ha! 

48 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Much like the attorney-client privilege, executive privilege is intended to keep conversations private. Generally speaking, once third parties are told about such conversations, they are no longer secret and the privilege has been waived, legal experts said.

see the bolded, reddened, italicized part above....the conversations .....get it?  Private....get it?   Unredacted means outing those whose conversations should be kept private...get it?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Now I know that Trump is yanking the Prog's chain.  The unredacted report (minus grand jury info) is available in the Congressional scif.

They don't really care so much about the 2% that was redacted.  They want to build a case for Impeachment AND delegitimize Barr at the same time.  If he actually IS as honorable as he appears to be then they are going to shortly be in full panic mode.  If there is evidence of the crime of attempting to remove a duly elected president with the use of the FBI, CIA and the DNI, they are definitely going to have some 'splainin' to do ;)  Seriously, though, I don't see them ever being willing to just admit what they did.  They've doubled down so many times they just can't retreat at this point.  If they cannot find something to drastically reduce Trump's poll numbers they may actually incite violence in some cities.  It's really all they have left in the arsenal now.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The average Joe Blow doesn't know this. All they see on the news is Trump pulling tactics like this as supposed guilt, just what a Democratic Congress intends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

They don't really care so much about the 2% that was redacted.  They want to build a case for Impeachment AND delegitimize Barr at the same time.  If he actually IS as honorable as he appears to be then they are going to shortly be in full panic mode.  If there is evidence of the crime of attempting to remove a duly elected president with the use of the FBI, CIA and the DNI, they are definitely going to have some 'splainin' to do ;)  Seriously, though, I don't see them ever being willing to just admit what they did.  They've doubled down so many times they just can't retreat at this point.  If they cannot find something to drastically reduce Trump's poll numbers they may actually incite violence in some cities.  It's really all they have left in the arsenal now.   

Reducing Trump's poll numbers?  They are growing faster the more the Dem's panic.  The real panic is not over Trump...it's over Barr...and the real panic is not over Mueller, and Comey and Obama's minions...no...

...the real panic is (in my somewhat humble opinion) coming from Bill and Hillary.  They both carry lots of skeletons around in suitcases...skeletons from everyone else's closets...  mmmm hmmmm

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, joc said:

the real panic is (in my somewhat humble opinion) coming from Bill and Hillary.  They both carry lots of skeletons around in suitcases...skeletons from everyone else's closets...  mmmm hmmmm

Want to bet they've already planned their escape to a location that doesn't allow extradition? :w00t:

• Haha 2

Regardless of all that Trump signed an Executive order right after the first of the year to be able to use Military Tribunals against Traitors.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cerberusxp said:

Regardless of all that Trump signed an Executive order right after the first of the year to be able to use Military Tribunals against Traitors.

I keep hearing references to these tribunals but I haven't seen an actual report in any media.  Do you have a link for this?  With all the hysteria from the 5th column, I'd expect an announcement like this would cause every one of them to be screaming about tyranny, dictatorship, etc.  Thanks

22 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

He is trying to mess with the Democrats because well... they are complete idiots and they are making themselves look bad. Trump is just trying to make it last a little longer.

• Thanks 1

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, and then said:

I keep hearing references to these tribunals but I haven't seen an actual report in any media.  Do you have a link for this?  With all the hysteria from the 5th column, I'd expect an announcement like this would cause every one of them to be screaming about tyranny, dictatorship, etc.  Thanks

It's secret because everyone who knows about it has been thrown into Guantanamo and replaced with a reptillian body double.

Here is Alex Jones talking with a Qanon believer about it: 

• Like 1

ok here is the thing I do not understand about all this.. 

If Trump says he is all good.. no this and that.. why doesnt he just say 'you want the report, here it is' .. each time he balks at it.. it is giving them more reason to keep going.. why not just hand it all over?