Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lego box contained $40k of Meth, not bricks

Eldorado

"A box of Legos that was supposed to contain 244 pieces of bricks, gears, and axles instead held three pounds of methamphetamine, according to Georgia police.

"Investigators say a trio of Georgia women recently purchased the Lego kit at a consignment shop in Charleston, South Carolina and brought it home to Statesboro, where they gave the set--which retails for $15.99 at Walmart--to a child."

Full story at the Smoking Gun:http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/lego-meth-surprise-174908

"Georgia child finds $40G of meth in box of Legos: officials"

At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-child-finds-40g-of-meth-in-box-of-legos-officials

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Somebody is in deep doodoo for losing that shipment. :o

• Like 5

Lego sales could rise because of this.

Investigators say a trio of Georgia women recently purchased the Lego kit at a consignment shop in Charleston, South Carolina and brought it home to Statesboro, where they gave the set--which retails for $15.99 at Walmart--to a child.

valued at $40,000.

Thankfully the women were honest. Some would have made themselves a $39,984,01 profit out of that.

Good for the women for handing it in. 

• Like 4

Personally I'd much rather find myself in possession of $40k worth of Lego bricks.

Imagine the things that could be built with such a large number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Personally I'd much rather find myself in possession of $40k worth of Lego bricks.

:yes: You said it mate! 

I would throw out all the furniture in the parlor and build one big Marvel/ Star Wars/ Batman mashup. :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

If you take enough Meth, imagine the amazing things you can imagine you built with Lego bricks!

Edited by acute
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I was trying to work out 244 pieces at $15.99 to $40,000 worth. Thats a hell of a lot of bricks and pieces, i would rather the lego too, but 

6a00d83451be8f69e201b7c7604753970b-800wi

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Heck, at the price they charge for Lego's you may not be able to build as much as you think.

I grew up with Loc Blocs.   I've always thought they were much better than Lego's.

image.png.87c14db2cd7dc18dec63425b99e39d62.png

• Like 2