Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life 'Death Star' laser vaporizes matter

UM-Bot

This reminds me of the tale that i heard long ago of people who were able to form sturdy underground habitations by vitrifying tunnels. I always thought it was a wonderful idea and i wish that this would be used for such.

• Like 1

"There are even plans to build an even more powerful laser at another location in the future."

I suppose development and testing facilities get pretty trashed after a while...

• Haha 1

however it is unlikely that scientists intend to harness the technology for use in weapons.

Of course not! :rolleyes: /sarcasm

• Like 3

As we progress in the high energy beam weapons technologies, all I can say is...

"Goodbye to rouge-nation ICBM effectiveness"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pallidin said:

As we progress in the high energy beam weapons technologies, all I can say is...

"Goodbye to rouge-nation ICBM effectiveness"

Rouge-nation?

I didn't know Can-Can dancers were that deadly.

Cheret_MoulinRouge_ParisCancan.jpg

"Rogue"... my bad.

It is just amazing stuff.  The building and everything in it ...actually the whole entire property is designed for the lasers.  

I think the construction of the building is actually more interesting than the lasers inside of it.

Wow, "one of the research targets is the forming of heavy elements, like gold, platinum, uranium." Just before, the same person is talking about reaching the power of supernova explosions. That doesn't completely add up I think, supernova explosions "only" form elements like carbon and iron. As far as I know, you need power like when two neutron stars are colliding to form gold.