Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody ever have speed dreams?

White Crane Feather

Yeah so this happens to me occasionally. I’ll just start to doze off and I’ll have a dream, but because I’m not fully asleep it feels more like a fantasy, yet I wasn’t actively fantasizing anything. The crazy part is that these whole scenarios happen in seconds, yet the rate of time in the dream was much longer. It just happened to me. I started to doze off and I was holding my phone up. By the time it hit me in the chest I dreamed a scenario where I knew some lady that was some kind of activist and she was going to set off a poison gass bomb. She was trying to warn me to clear the area. Then bamb! I snap out of it as my phone hits my chest. All of this in a tiny bit of time. Has this happened to you? I know time rates are different in dreams very well, but it just amazes me how powerful the mind is to make this happen.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2

Yes, this has happened to me many times. I’ve had really long drawn out dreams that seemed to go on forever, only to wake up and see only a couple minutes had passed by. 

I never really thought about it, but yea it’s amazing how time is different in the dream state. I wonder if it’s similar to people who have near death experiences. I’ve heard people who have died for like 10 minutes, when brought back say they had been gone for several days. 

• Like 1

Yes, is not unusual when I'm laying in bed in the morning, half awake and not needed to get up for a bit, that I fall into a dream that seems to last a long time, and when I fully awake again I expect to see I've now gone and overslept - but only a minute or two has passed.  

Time works different in dreamland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 4:36 AM, preacherman76 said:

Yes, this has happened to me many times. I’ve had really long drawn out dreams that seemed to go on forever, only to wake up and see only a couple minutes had passed by. 

I never really thought about it, but yea it’s amazing how time is different in the dream state. I wonder if it’s similar to people who have near death experiences. I’ve heard people who have died for like 10 minutes, when brought back say they had been gone for several days. 

Ahhh yes. That old argument. Hahah. You know logically none of this should be happening. There is logical happenstance, but a race of beings capable of recreating virtual environment inside of a neural network? Dude..one in ten thousand galaxies.