Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Columbus and the Knights Templar' help.

We are slowly locating all the pieces to this puzzle. The Romans sailed to America and maps circulated in Iberia. Columbus was well aware of all of them, and of America. He also received help from the Knights Templar, whom 200 years before, during the 1300s, more than 3,000 ships sailed to America. Was he in fact the last Templar. My ancestors hid the secret he confessed to when arrested.

Columbus

https://supercurioso.com/llegaron-los-templarios-a-america-antes-que-colon/

https://www.cadizdirecto.com/misterio-enigma-historia-cristobal-colon-el-ultimo-templario/

Edited by AXJ

2 hours ago, AXJ said:

We are slowly locating all the pieces to this puzzle. The Romans sailed to America and maps circulated in Iberia. Columbus was well aware of all of them, and of America. He also received help from the Knights Templar, whom 200 years before, during the 1300s, more than 3,000 ships sailed to America. Was he in fact the last Templar. My ancestors hid the secret he confessed to when arrested.

No, the Romans didn't sail to America and neither did the Templars especially with that many ships and although Columbus was a Crusader thinking he was going to invade Asia nobody knew about the Americas nor has been here except for the Norse.

There was something after 1492 called the "Columbian Exchange" whereas 2/3rds of the plants, animals and people died off and many plants and animals were replaced negating any major contact prior.

@Saru  This thread needs to be moved to the right subforum please. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

It is POSSIBLE that someone from Europe or Africa made it to the Americas - and as noted left no trace of having done so. Now the Asians - specifically the Inuit - were discovering the Americas on a weekly basis. The limited Norse incursion demonstrated that limited contact didn't initiate a 'Columbian Exchange' in that specific case. So if some lost Roman ship with its crew half dead from dehydration made it to say Brazil and were not killed off it they would leave no discernible trace.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AXJ said:

Columbus

https://www.cadizdirecto.com/misterio-enigma-historia-cristobal-colon-el-ultimo-templario/

Can you give some specifics as to the bolded text please.  When exactly in the 1300's is this huge fleet supposed to have set sail?  Thanks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AXJ said:

Columbus

He wasn't a Templar Knight.  If you read the history and the vows they took, it's very clear that he never belonged to any monastic order, much less the Templars (which were long gone by the time of his birth) or the Order of Christ (Portugal) which was the renamed Knights Templar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Christ_(Portugal)

If he'd been a member of the Order of Christ, he wouldn't have had to go to Ferdinand and Isabella for money for exploration.  These orders were funding this kind of thing themselves.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Piney said:

No, the Romans didn't sail to America and neither did the Templars especially with that many ships and although Columbus was a Crusader thinking he was going to invade Asia nobody knew about the Americas nor has been here except for the Norse.

There was something after 1492 called the "Columbian Exchange" whereas 2/3rds of the plants, animals and people died off and many plants and animals were replaced negating any major contact prior.

Actually a map created by a Japanese sailor was found in a museum in europe.  I have googled this but can't find it.  I will keep looking.  Someone had a map of the americas before Columbus sailed and it was not a european map, unless it came from the vikings.  Compared to the rest of the world most european countries were backward.

Edited by Desertrat56

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Actually a map created by a Japanese sailor was found in a museum in europe.  I have googled this but can't find it.  I will keep looking.  Someone had a map of the americas before Columbus sailed and it was not a european map, unless it came from the vikings.  Compared to the rest of the world most european countries were backward.

Daikokuya Kōdayū?

If so, it was an 18th century map.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Daikokuya Kōdayū?

If so, it was an 18th century map.

No, I am talking about a map, not a sailor.  The lie we were told about columbus/Christobol Colon (why didn't we even get hsi real name in school?) was that he thought the world was flat.  Another story was that he did not believe there was a continent between Europe and Asia to the west.  I don't think that one is true either.  But it is interesting that the natives brought back to Europe were called Indians as if they were from India, which was a well know place at that time, and it should have been obvious that they were not Indians.

Are you alluding to the Piri Reis map AJX?

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I am talking about a map, not a sailor.  The lie we were told about columbus/Christobol Colon (why didn't we even get hsi real name in school?) was that he thought the world was flat.  Another story was that he did not believe there was a continent between Europe and Asia to the west.  I don't think that one is true either.  But it is interesting that the natives brought back to Europe were called Indians as if they were from India, which was a well know place at that time, and it should have been obvious that they were not Indians.

Not really, you have to remember that while the world knew a Place Called “India” existed, and that the people who lived there were dusky skinned, no one/very few had actually met someone from India. 

To highlight this point, there’s a tale of Devon fisher folk finding a barabary ape washed ashore and assuming it was a Frenchman lynched it. France was just across a strip of water it’s possible to swim across rather than the other side of the world. 

Old Colon was also a notorious liar and stubborn as a particularly truculent mule, so even landing on a tropical island full of vaguely feudal farmers and fishermen meant nothing to a man looking for a continent full of pre-industrial revolution traders. He’d found India and he was invading for thr glory of whoever was paying him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The map was a fraud and it was Chinese. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

The map was a fraud and it was Chinese. 

Oh, good to know.   :P  I saw a whole documentary on it years ago.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, good to know.   :P  I saw a whole documentary on it years ago.

China invited a boatload of Tribal Chiefs, including my father and tried to tell them we were "brothers" and they actually owned the U.S. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

China invited a boatload of Tribal Chiefs, including my father and tried to tell them we were "brothers" and they actually owned the U.S. :lol:

Then they should have been there to greet and repel Colon, Coronado and the boat loads of warrior priests that the euorpeans sent before the English and Dutch even got involved.  It would be a completely different country if they had taken ownership.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Are you alluding to the Piri Reis map AJX?

Long before....many new discoveries in Toledo, Spain that were transfered to Madrid, Salamanca, Sevilla, etc.

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Not really, you have to remember that while the world knew a Place Called “India” existed, and that the people who lived there were dusky skinned, no one/very few had actually met someone from India. 

To highlight this point, there’s a tale of Devon fisher folk finding a barabary ape washed ashore and assuming it was a Frenchman lynched it. France was just across a strip of water it’s possible to swim across rather than the other side of the world. 

Old Colon was also a notorious liar and stubborn as a particularly truculent mule, so even landing on a tropical island full of vaguely feudal farmers and fishermen meant nothing to a man looking for a continent full of pre-industrial revolution traders. He’d found India and he was invading for thr glory of whoever was paying him.

Many surprises coming... https://www.elcomercio.com/tendencias/hallan-manuscrito-hijo-cristobal-colon.html

15 hours ago, Piney said:

https://www.vistaalmar.es/ciencia-tecnologia/historia/3376-adn-insinua-romanos-llegaron-ameroca-antes-colon.html

Just now, Piney said:

You want to post something that somebody who only reads Japanese and English can read?

I'd love to but much of the material coming to us is in Latin or old Castillian.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Sure he is a little over the top but I really enjoyed reading Lost Cities and Mysteries of South America. 

2 minutes ago, AXJ said:

As a field tech and Cultural Resources Officer for 2 museums and many, many, many archaeologist. I'm calling BS on this entire article. There is no evidence for Romans in North America let alone any pre-Viking contact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

As a field tech and Cultural Resources Officer for 2 museums and many, many, many archaeologist. I'm calling BS on this entire article. There is no evidence for Romans in North America let alone any pre-Viking contact. 

Of course there is very little evidence because many never made it back....but we do know that Romans did sale West of the Pillars of Hercules...

• The topic was locked