Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
AXJ

La Virgen de Guadalupe

76 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

AXJ
Just now, Mellon Man said:

The Vatican didn't exist 2.000 years ago. 

Also, are you referring to the Magican Hypothesis? 

Just reflect on the words of this great Man...sent to defeat evil...and he did...but only for it to spring up once again in Rome...what you call "hypothesis" others call reality and yet others call impossible...similar to the Man on the moon...anything organic exposed to the sun's gamma rays disintegrates...and in space there is no combustion...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mellon Man
4 minutes ago, AXJ said:

Just reflect on the words of this great Man...sent to defeat evil...and he did...but only for it to spring up once again in Rome...what you call "hypothesis" others call reality and yet others call impossible...similar to the Man on the moon...anything organic exposed to the sun's gamma rays disintegrates...and in space there is no combustion...

Okay.....

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
43 minutes ago, AXJ said:

Are you referring to the Dance Macabra of the middle ages prevalent throughout Europe? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danse_Macabre

No, AXJ. I don't know much about that dance or if there is any connection to Samhain or Hallowe'en.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AXJ
3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

No, AXJ. I don't know much about that dance or if there is any connection to Samhain or Hallowe'en.

Oh, it is all quite connected... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
3 hours ago, AXJ said:

Oh, it is all quite connected... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

St Vitus' dance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
11 hours ago, AXJ said:

Yes...so many mysteries...St. Judas what not who they say he was either... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Judas 

Well, that’s history for you. There’s precisely the number of invented mysteries as there are people too lazy to do basic historical research. 

—Jaylemurph 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
11 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

No, AXJ. I don't know much about that dance or if there is any connection to Samhain or Hallowe'en.

The Danse Macabre developed in France in the 13th and 14th Century. 

It’s /possible/ there was some Celtic influence but highly unlikely. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Opus Magnus
Posted (edited)

My guess would be that the vision appears there due to the fact that the culture was young in Christianity. The wine had just began to ferment so to say and was ripe for a vision of Mary. As Jesus says in the gospel, "No man puts new wine into an old wineskin or it would burst." So, I guess with that logic you'd only get one early one the first time it ferments.

Mark 2:22

Edited by Opus Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
17 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

The Danse Macabre developed in France in the 13th and 14th Century. 

It’s /possible/ there was some Celtic influence but highly unlikely. 

—Jaylemurph 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
2 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

My guess would be that the vision appears there due to the fact that the culture was young in Christianity. The wine had just began to ferment so to say and was ripe for a vision of Mary. As Jesus says in the gospel, "No man puts new wine into an old wineskin or it would burst." So, I guess with that logic you'd only get one early one the first time it ferments.

Mark 2:22

Catch 22 with another 2? Mark one for you.

One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

The visions were made for a sober mankind, not imbibers of fermented logic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Opus Magnus
2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Catch 22 with another 2? Mark one for you.

One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

The visions were made for a sober mankind, not imbibers of fermented logic.

 

No, because the blood of Jesus is wine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
43 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

No, because the blood of Jesus is wine.

So he was such a raging alcoholic that his blood turned to wine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Opus Magnus
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

So he was such a raging alcoholic that his blood turned to wine.

Yeah, and his flesh turned to bread because of his gluttony. Great stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Yeah, and his flesh turned to bread because of his gluttony. Great stuff.

I don't know. I'm thinking that Jesus was just a really drunk gingerbread man.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:23 PM, AXJ said:

More than cultures, it was replacing a canabalistic religion of death for one of peace and love....although Catholics and their Spanish Inquisition with Torquemada at the helm was terrible...

Probably not that difficult considering Christianity is also a religion of death with symbolic cannibalism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
On 5/11/2019 at 2:47 AM, AXJ said:

Because since approximately 2,000 years ago the Vatican has been hell bent ( no pun intended ) in covering up the Truth...where in Egypt do you think Yeshua of Nazareth really went to? Who did He have contact with?

Actually, I think that’s a valid and interesting question. My opinion— and that’s worth little enough — is that if it happened at all, they probably went to the burgeoning Jewish community at Alexandria. I assume there’s some manner of Christian mythology relating to it, but it’s something I’ve never looked into. 

—Jaylemurph 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AXJ
36 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Actually, I think that’s a valid and interesting question. My opinion— and that’s worth little enough — is that if it happened at all, they probably went to the burgeoning Jewish community at Alexandria. I assume there’s some manner of Christian mythology relating to it, but it’s something I’ve never looked into. 

—Jaylemurph 

I think you have stumbled onto some brilliant information...Yeshua it is said had a prodigious mind and memory apart from all the other gifts he was born with...including curing the son of Pontious Pilate and Procula called Pillo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100

My investigation revealed Mary is the woman of gen 3:15 & rev 12:1 (Our Lady of Guadalupe) of the Douay Rheim's bible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100
On 5/10/2019 at 1:09 AM, Ozymandias said:

Why does the Virgin Mary only ever appear to uneducated peasants in Catholic countries?

You mean like Tapeo, Viatnam where Buddha God is bigger? Idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
24 minutes ago, brian100 said:

You mean like Tapeo, Viatnam where Buddha God is bigger? Idk.

Ta Pao

Buddha was not a god. He was a teacher and Vietnam was dominated by the Catholics which is one of the reasons the Vietnam War started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justice please
On 5/10/2019 at 1:09 AM, Ozymandias said:

Why does the Virgin Mary only ever appear to uneducated peasants in Catholic countries?

She does not appear to uneducated peasants. Only to humble, caring and innocent people. She has appeared to a young french teenager who was innocent and loving also very ill too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Ta Pao

Buddha was not a god. He was a teacher and Vietnam was dominated by the Catholics which is one of the reasons the Vietnam War started. 

They lost the war and all the catholic's were just about wiped out?  So I'm not surprised she is going there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, brian100 said:

They lost the war and all the catholic's were just about wiped out? 

No! There are still many many Catholics there. One of the largest Catholic populations in Asia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brian100
Just now, Piney said:

No! There are still many many Catholics there. One of the largest Catholic populations in Asia.

Yeah I have a Vietnam friend who is big time Catholic from my last job.  He knows about that place and asked me to come visit with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, brian100 said:

Yeah I have a Vietnam friend who is big time Catholic.

I do too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.