Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcism course opens its doors in Rome

UM-Bot

How would one practice without a real demon? 

Or how can you call a demon to initiate practicing?

• Like 1

The only difference between a Exorcist and a run of the mill Priest is the Exorcist is a trained psychologist.

1 minute ago, FlyingAngel said:

It's all about manipulating the person's mind to make them help themselves.  

• Like 3

One of the more bizarre aspects of so-called "demonic possession" is the victim speaking in a language thought to be unknown to them.

In some of the more severe cases there is no accounting for this sudden attribute.

10 minutes ago, pallidin said:

One of the more bizarre aspects of so-called "demonic possession" is the victim speaking in a language thought to be unknown to them.

In some of the more severe cases there is no accounting for this sudden attribute.

And there is no definitive evidence other than hearsay. Same goes for speaking backwards. The stories are told but the evidence is weak.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

And there is no definitive evidence other than hearsay. Same goes for speaking backwards. The stories are told but the evidence is weak.

Actually, the evidence is there.

Numerous video/audio "reports" are now available.

Causation remains unknown as to how alter language fluidity can occur.

Edited by pallidin

42 minutes ago, FlyingAngel said:

Oh come on.  All you do is crack open the Clavicus Salomonis and call some up.  Minutes later every volunteer's heads will be spinning like a vomit sprinkler system, and the exorcism prac class can begin.:wacko:

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

Unless you've witnessed yourself. I'll also give you 12 Marines and one Navy Chaplin that will confirm it does happen. A Marine tried to attack a Chaplin and the Marine was cursing him in Greek according to the Chaplin and the Marine didn't know Greek any more than I can speak Greek.

I guarantee you that all present that night will never forget the episode.

And I'll wager the Military knows this goes on because the Marine in question was on a plane home within hours. If the episode had just been someone freaking out they'd either put him in the hospital for observation or the brig, but no they got his **** out of there headed home as fast as they could.

For those that want to say there is a reasonable explanation for the episode I'll simply say

"YOU WEREN'T THERE"

The Curch has always been a way to control people, it's all about power really. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Oh come on.  All you do is crack open the Clavicus Salomonis and call some up.  Minutes later every volunteer's heads will be spinning like a vomit sprinkler system, and the exorcism prac class can begin.

Nothing as good as a hospitalized patient needing sedation as they spew-forth extremely articulate foreign language with absolutely no known prior exposure.

It's in the books. Very odd indeed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

the Marine was cursing him in Greek according to the Chaplin and the Marine didn't know Greek...

The evidence suggests otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

YOU WEREN'T THERE

Just as you weren't there when the Marine wasn't learning Greek.

Regardless, acquiring enough Greek to curse somebody out is a modest attainment, don't you think?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Nothing as good as a hospitalized patient needing sedation as they spew-forth extremely articulate foreign language with absolutely no known prior exposure.

I completely agree.  The human brain is really odd.  Take this story:

Aussie man wakes up from coma speaking Mandarin

• Like 2

I think it's hilarious that demonic possession is taken seriously by anyone.
Maybe 'hilarious' is the wrong word. More like disturbing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

If the thing that went them go gaga is sin then the Church would be better at curing them than a shrink.

Yeah, I can see the southern baptists jumping all over that!! Why anyone puts stock in demonic possession is beyond me, anyway - the whole concept was invented by the church to scare and control people so it could save them and justify it's existence while filling it's coffers at the same time. This is so obvious to me....why not to others? God, heaven, hell, angels, demons, etc., are just all constructs of religion to control and assuage the fears  of  and control those ignorant enough to blindly follow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

The only difference between a Exorcist and a run of the mill Priest is the Exorcist is a trained psychologist.

Yes because theocracy and psychology go hand in hand. Ya, sure.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 7:20 AM, FlyingAngel said:

How would one practice without a real demon? Become a therapist.

Or how can you call a demon to initiate practicing? Inner demons are created by people. Thought-forms made of fear, anxiety worry, all those little negative emotions. 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 4:20 AM, FlyingAngel said:

I'm not a real demon, but I'll play the part, since it's only practice. The devil's advocate, I'll be, for practical purpose.

Edited by Pettytalk

On 5/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, pallidin said:

Glossolalia is not so impressive its just gibberish, xenoglossy would be impressive if a case was ever verified. But still not proof of the divine. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2