Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeff Bezos unveils Moon lander concept

Still Waters

Amazon entrepreneur Jeff Bezos has unveiled a mock-up of a new lunar lander spacecraft that aims to take equipment and humans to the Moon by 2024.

The unmanned, reusable Blue Moon vehicle will carry scientific instruments, satellites and rovers.

It will feature a new rocket engine called BE-7 that can blast 10,000lb (4,535kg) of thrust.

"It's time to go back to the Moon, this time to stay," said Mr Bezos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48222568

The billionaire unveiled his unmanned lunar lander dubbed Blue Moon and spoke of his hopes to send people to the moon by 2024.

https://news.sky.com/story/blue-origin-amazons-jeff-bezos-unveils-plans-to-send-a-spaceship-to-the-moon-11715867

• Like 4

But what's the point? Other than to say "I did it!"
There's nothing on the moon. It's a resource barren rock. Anything it has, the earth has more of. Put a station in orbit around it, sure. That might be a good waypoint for inter-solar system travel. It's useless to land there, IMO. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Seti42
Still can't post quotation marks initially, UM.

Agreed with Seti. Pointless and waste of resources/funds. Take those same funds and go help those poor chaps clean up the Fukushima plant if they give two ****s about the planet LOL. Nice presentation and all but just another example of people not knowing what to do with too much money. Some people suffer from a lack of life and others from an overabundance. Need I say more?

Even if it doesn't make it to the moon it will still be able to deliver packages within 10 miles of the Amazon warehouse.