Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best States for a chance to see bigfoot

DieChecker

Pennsylvania ranks as 3rd best state to spot Bigfoot

Don't we all have that one odd relative that insists on having spotted Bigfoot while camping one time?

The channel poured over 23,000 sightings in the country, and came up with a list of the eight states with the best chance to spotting Sasquatch.

Where's the best place to see the creature?

Washington: 2,032

California: 1,697

Pennsylvania: 1,340

Michigan: 1,131

New York: 1,068

Ohio: 1,042

Oregon: 1,009

Texas: 806

I can believe Oregon is number 7. I thought we had more true believers than that.

Washington was sooner to legalize pot though.... :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

We have a lot of different state-based websites so I knew Pennsylvania was said to be the 3rd best state to see Bigfoot. Haven't seen anything about who all these witnesses were though or where they saw them. We don't have legalized pot yet. I wonder what our alien rate is. A lot of UFO sightings.

Had to edit. We do for medical purposes.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

However, Colorado is not even on the list.

• Like 3

Best States for a chance to see bigfoot

Confusion

Edited by Resume
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

It is like there are three tribes. A West Coast group, a North East Group along the Great Lakes and Canadian Border and then Texas. Each of these areas offer large areas of Heavily forested and thinly developed land. There are other places that have the same or similar areas but don't seem to have the same amount of activity.

• Like 1

and who rates best state to see mythological creatures?

• Like 1

This study is a negative for the existence of bigfoot.   To think that a giant ape exists in New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania is ridiculous.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

image.png.6da7b671d7b50340a3b7957c3beeac19.png

Refusing to hear about something or seeing it or even allowing others to intelligently discuss something doesn't make it not real and mostly just makes you look childish. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, DanL said:

image.png.6da7b671d7b50340a3b7957c3beeac19.png

Refusing to hear about something or seeing it or even allowing others to intelligently discuss something doesn't make it not real and mostly just makes you look childish. 

childish? lame attempts at jabs?

actually while many such threads like this do have light hearted banter there is nothing childish about the desire for proof of some sort, but ask the wrong true believer about their proof or rather lack there of and get ready for the tantrums which are not really a great show of maturity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/12/2019 at 2:56 AM, Eldorado said:

In a drunken state is the best state to be in to spot bigfoot, surely.

...or a drug induced one. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DanL said:

It is like there are three tribes. A West Coast group, a North East Group along the Great Lakes and Canadian Border and then Texas. Each of these areas offer large areas of Heavily forested and thinly developed land. There are other places that have the same or similar areas but don't seem to have the same amount of activity.

I was a avid Bigfoot hunter in the East for 35 years. I spent a bucket load of time and money doing it. I even ran with Mary Green. I found nothing. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was a avid Bigfoot hunter in the East for 35 years. I spent a bucket load of time and money doing it. I even ran with Mary Green. I found nothing. 

well if i was bigfoot, and being pursued by someone who's a master at using chainsaws then id run like hell too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

well if i was bigfoot, and being pursued by someone who's a master at using chainsaws then id run like hell too. 

Hey now! :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I've been running with Mary Jane for 40 years and seen plenty.

• Haha 8

Maybe it's like the alien/ufo phenomena just based on a need to believe no matter how ridiculous it makes them look.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, DanL said:

I live in East Texas, behind what we call the Piney Curtain. There is nowhere, and I mean nowhere, that's not used by hunters, oilfield workers, loggers, or as homesteads. Practically no public land to speak of, and what is here gets heavy use, like Davy Crockett National Forest. You can't take any gravel back road and not pass a car or pickup. ETx is nothing like people imagine it to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

I live in East Texas, behind what we call the Piney Curtain. There is nowhere, and I mean nowhere, that's not used by hunters, oilfield workers, loggers, or as homesteads. Practically no public land to speak of, and what is here gets heavy use, like Davy Crockett National Forest. You can't take any gravel back road and not pass a car or pickup. ETx is nothing like people imagine it to be.

Maybe in Texas but that's nowhere near the case here in Northern California. The sightings in heavily populated areas do sound a bit ridiculous. At the same time if bigfoot did exist and chose to be elusive I would guess he has a bit more intelligence then the average animal trying to avoid humans and shouldn't be considered to have the same probability of being caught.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Its a shame wilderness is being taken over so quickly,its getting like that here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

You can't take any gravel back road and not pass a car or pickup. ETx is nothing like people imagine it to be.

Your looking in the wrong place ---- check who is driving the trucks.

For the best state in which to see Bigfoot, I would recommend Jägermeister Jello shots.

• Like 3