Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illegal Aliens

Lord Harry

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/02/08/take_the_racist_xenophobe_quiz_who_said_this_about_illegal_immigration_136216.html

WHO SAID:

"We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it."

A) Vlad the Impaler

B) Donald Trump

C) Bill Clinton

Answer: President Clinton, State of the Union address,1995

"We need to start by giving agencies charged with border security new technology, new facilities and more people to stop, process and deport illegal immigrants."

A) Rasputin

B) Donald Trump

C) Barack Obama

Answer: Sen. Barack Obama, 2005

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya’ know, I’m against people not crossing the border legally, but earlier today I was watching a news report about people in a local community running programs to assist people that have come here with nothing and do things like get them furniture, beds, tv....etc. and I couldn’t help thinking, that’s really nice. Now I see this build the wall trolling thread and think, there are a lot of jackasses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I will not be baited.  I am attempting to discuss a serious policy issue in a rational manner, and you resort to flame baiting.  

Keep it up and I will report you.

You didn't have to be baited.  The moment you mention American "culture", you showed your true colors.  There is no American culture.  Mexican Americans have inhabited the southern part of the country before white people even came to this land.  So to call a wall a protection of culture makes no sense.  You know what you meant, and so do we.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You didn't have to be baited.  The moment you mention American "culture", you showed your true colors.  There is no American culture.  Mexican Americans have inhabited the southern part of the country before white people even came to this land.  So to call a wall a protection of culture makes no sense.  You know what you meant, and so do we.

Let's see: American culture descends waaaaaay back when to the earliest settlement at Jamestown, Virginia.  And is enshrined in the 1791 Naturalization Act.  Look it up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You didn't have to be baited.  The moment you mention American "culture", you showed your true colors.  There is no American culture. 

And you’ve shown yours. The sentiment just as stupid and in it’s own way and just as harmful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

There was no America before white people came to this land and there was no Mexico until 1821, so there were no Mexican Americans in the time you speak of.  All countries have their own culture, it's what makes them unique.  If there is no American culture, as you claim, what are people seeking who come here?  Why not just stay in Mexico, if it's all the same?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Image result for bunnies and birds animated gif

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

Prison camps are certainly an option for repeat offenders, I agree.  Perhaps they could even be used as carefully supervised labor for the purpose of constructing the border wall and its fortifications. 

Camps?  Forced labor?  You can’t be serious.

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Camps?  Forced labor?  You can’t be serious.

Yes, I am serious.  Without a severe penalty, lawbreakers will continue to violate the law.

1 hour ago, John Bastien said:

Make it an offence to help an illegal.

So take away our freedom to help people? So if I decide to give a sandwich or a few bucks to someone I should check their immigration status? You are a genius. Can’t believe I’m typing this but people need to start asking themselves what would Jesus do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

Yes, I am serious.  Without a severe penalty, lawbreakers will continue to violate the law.

Lol! Yeah, I wonder how many f’ed up evil people have said that in the last 10,000 years?

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Lol! Yeah, I wonder how many f’ed up evil people have said that in the last 10,000 years?

Am I fed up? Yes of course.  Fed up with illegal immigration.  Just as any patriot would be. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

Am I fed up? Yes of course.  Fed up with illegal immigration.  Just as any patriot would be. 

Here’s how I gauge that before using patriotism as the lamest of all excuses in an attempt to stifle logic and make any who question what you say traitorous. Does this really affect me and my life? In my case no it does not. I think you feel a need to be mad about something and this is the target of opportunity available. Much like Jews in nazi Germany. Put them in camps. Use them as forced labor. Sounds familiar doesn’t it.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, OverSword said:

Here’s how I gauge that before using patriotism as the lamest of all excuses in an attempt to stifle logic and make any who question what you say traitorous. Does this really affect me and my life? In my case no it does not. I think you feel a need to be mad about something and this is the target of opportunity available. Much like Jews in nazi Germany. Put them in camps. Use them as forced labor. Sounds familiar doesn’t it.

Typical liberal, referring to patriots as "Nazis."  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Typical liberal, referring to patriots as "Nazis."  

Typical liberal. Yeah that’s me alright. I’m a Libertarian who believes in a free market. It’s simple economics. If there were not a demand or market for workers then they wouldn’t be here. We need to change the rules to better fit reality and work in harmony with the encouragement of free market trade. Increase the number of foreign workers and make it easier and legal for them to come here. Keeping it illegal only serves the interests of the crime cartels whose main source of income is smuggling people across the border. I’m not a liberal in the way you mean it I’m simply more thoughtful logical about this than you are. 

Edit: I never called you a nazi. I pointed out exactly what you were calling for.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Typical liberal. Yeah that’s me alright. I’m a Libertarian who believes in a free market. It’s simple economics. If there were not a demand or market for workers then they wouldn’t be here. We need to change the rules to better fit reality and work in harmony with the encouragement of free market trade. Increase the number of foreign workers and make it easier and legal for them to come here. Keeping it illegal only serves the interests of the crime cartels whose main source of income is smuggling people across the border. I’m not a liberal in the way you mean it I’m simply more thoughtful logical about this than you are. 

Edit: I never called you a nazi. I pointed out exactly what you were calling for.

My apologies.  Understood. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OverSword said:

the only way not to have a demand on workers is to become another shthole country like the ones they come from, and  that is not happening,  they brake our laws plain and simple, there are legal ways to come and work, but they do not follow legal path. 

blaming our demand on workers is no different than blaming short skirts for rapes, or having money for being robed

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

If the wall were built and manned by 150,000 American troops, and all illegal aliens were rounded up by ICE and deported, the problem would be solved indefinitely.  

#45 is an immigrant as well? I did not know that.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Piney said:

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).png

You do realize you wouldn't exist and I wouldn't exist if history didn't play out that way unless you are outside the United States. I am half native and I wouldn't exist if my grandparents didn't meet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

You do realize you wouldn't exist and I wouldn't exist if history didn't play out that way unless you are outside the United States. I am half native and I wouldn't exist if my grandparents didn't meet.

My tribe is on both sides of the American-Canadian border ( 6 Nations) and my mother was born in the UK. My British citizenship was taken and my American one forced on me and in my opinion my mother should of never did what she did and I never asked to be born, nor was I wanted. 

I just want to see the U.S. burn to the ground now. :)

The cost, lots of charts in this article and the link to the full study is at the end.

Border surge highest since 2011, each illegal immigrant costs $70,000, 7x deportation price

The net costs to taxpayers for every illegal immigrant who sneaks into the United States has reached nearly $70,000, about seven times the cost of deporting them, and about $70 billion, according to a new report.

And, according to federal Census data, the surge of legal and illegal immigrants across the Mexico-U.S. border has reached a new high since 2011 and matched the historic high of 1.75 million set in 1999.

The latest Census data from 2016 shows that immigrants continue to come into the United States, both legally and illegally, and the costs to taxpayers in enforcement and social services continues to rise — even when offset by the taxes they pay.

In two timely reports from the Center for Immigration Studies, the surge in numbers and price in the hit to taxpayers was revealed at a time when a new caravan from Latin America easing its way through Mexico is heading to the U.S. border and prompting threats from President Trump to block it from entering and ending birthright citizenship. 

The first analysis revealed the huge surge of legal and illegal immigrants into the U.S., enough to double the population of Philadelphia every single year. 

In the second report, the costs of illegal immigrants to taxpayers showed that amount spent is $69,570 per illegal immigrant over their time in the U.S., or $69.6 billion per million illegal immigrants.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/border-surge-highest-since-2011-each-illegal-immigrant-costs-70-000-7x-deportation-price

18 hours ago, John Bastien said:

Make it an offence to help an illegal.

Isn’t it already an offence to employ someone in the US illegally?

• Like 1