Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkish airline pilot films UFO during flight

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

...so your entire argument is based on 'who knows?' something travels at speed and manoeuvres beyond the laws of our current technology and we should just shrug our shoulders and make fun of it...

im still waiting for your proof of this claim and asking you for it just confuses you, i take it you have zero proof .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

Who knows..National Security, curiosity could be a number of reasons I don't know....My point was that the general public with no military background has no understanding of how the military works....

Which military? 

@Captain Risky, if you’re going to refer to people in posts it’s always best to tag them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Which military? 

@Captain Risky, if you’re going to refer to people in posts it’s always best to tag them.

US..Got no idea about others or how they work..Guess I should have stated that.  Besides I derailed the thread with it.

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

US..Got no idea about others or how they work..Guess I should have stated that.  Besides I derailed the thread with it.

Yup.

It’s not much of a thread, and it was posted by @UM-Bot, and also it’s basically against the site rules being a non-English link, so derailing is not an issue.

Military (US or otherwise) will always have information that they obviously do not release publicly.

So what point are you trying to make? Because no military (and no member of any military) has ever released any verifiable evidence of what’s being inferred here. 

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 7:55 AM, skliss said:

Way too far away! How do we know it's not a balloon being pushed around by wind or something?

I suppose you can tell by the pilot's testimony, Skliss. I'm not saying I know what  it is but.... B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2019 at 6:07 PM, Timothy said:

Lol. This guy! ^^^

@Hankenhunter, it’s such a bad video. They think they saw something, but did they?

Why do we only have a 10 second video? Have you found the original? 

What the pilot is quoted as saying does not correlate with the video we’re seeing too. 

Gee, Timothy, do you think it might be because the pilot did not have his camera running when the object whizzed up to the airplane?

‘It wasn’t a satellite or star’: we’ll it looks like it could be in this video.

Timothy, did you even *read* the article? First sentence: "a very bright, fast-moving object which appeared to move perilously close to the plane before moving off at considerable speed."  You really think a satellite or star could do all that,Timothy...?   :rofl:

’Then it disappeared at incredible speed’: That certainly isn’t shown in the video. Why not?

Timothy...  What can I say? How sad.

’He was very bright and close to us despite the sun’: Looks pretty far away in the video...

’I didn’t see anything flying so fast’: The video doesn’t show something that looks like it is flying fast from the reference point provided. But again, 10 second crappy video.

Any chance you have a better link @Hankenhunter? You seem to have information not contained in the article?

Also, ‘a big busy jet’ (as you put it) can actually be incredibly non-busy for large periods of time. Especially while cruising at altitude. Very low workload. So I don’t know what you’re talking about with that comment...

@UM-Bot should know better than to post non-English links too. Bad robot! 

Timothy, your ability to reason things out is lacking here. the questions you ask have self evident answers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Anyway...

The pilot's story is compelling.  The object is not clear enough to describe in much detail except the object did not appear to have wings. Yet the object buzzed the aircraft and the flew off at high speed, so  it is under intelligent control, or so it appears.

Interesting incident, it is a UFO in the strictest sense but I feel it is also under intelligent control, whatever it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The pilot's story is compelling

i was just out tuning my vw trike, its been running poorly, so its getting dark but i decide to risk pushing it home and blast a 1/2 mile down my main drag turned around and about a block from my house a bright green light flew past me at high speed right in front of me, it shot about 25 feet and did a nutty buzzing around not unlike the thing in this video and it did appear to be under control of some sort, it appeared very odd and otherworldly, by defination if i didnt know what it was it would be a UFO.

who's first to tell me what it was...;)

• Confused 1

@Earl.Of.Trumps, you have again failed to comprehend the points I was making. 

I will probably reply later when I have time, but if it goes anything like the ‘ET gold’ discussion we last had, you will not get it. 

I might reply to your last post on that thread too, but it seems you’re a lost cause.

My god man. Work it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@Earl.Of.Trumps, you have again failed to comprehend the points I was making. 

I will probably reply later when I have time, but if it goes anything like the ‘ET gold’ discussion we last had, you will not get it. 

I might reply to your last post on that thread too, but it seems you’re a lost cause.

My god man. Work it out. 

Take your time, Timothy!   we'll examine your questions one at a time if you like

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, DanL said:

The UFO thing seems to be one of the things that goes sideways. You either have the people that instantly say it isn't anything and is made up or just lies and then you have the ones that instantly want to jump to Alien space ships. I find the topic fascinating whether it is something odd or if not why do people keep seeing things that are strange and then the Government comes out with a series of wildly stupid lies that they will change several times, each time saying "This is the truth this time". 

That's not true at all. Groups like the hessdalen project study the phenomena in depth. So do meteorologists but they don't call anomalies UFOs. The Min Min lights, St Elmo's fire, foo fighters have all been recognised and are no longer called UFOs. 

UFOs that go back and forth across the sky with military craft chasing them are NOT meteorites!

They are many things. What we have me reason to consider is aliens. Not one UFO has ever been recorded as coming from space, or leaving the atmosphere. 

Roswell was reported by the military to be a flying saucer...a weather balloon...a high altitude sensor to keep an eye on Russian nuclear testing... some sort of testing of high altitude bailout techniques... with several just plain old "IT DIDN'T EVER HAPPEN!!"  denials thrown in here and there.

I have not seen anyone say or did not happen. The government are the only ones who didn't change their story. They went from weather balloon to MOGUL balloon, which are the same balloons essentially. 

What's the deal??? I'm at least as fascinated by the plain stupidity of some of the Government explanations as I am by the possibility that we are being peeked at by little Grey Guys. It would be interesting to discuss intelligently but that is seldom allowed.

What makes alien life a possibility? 

And what explanations? You can't be talking about Blue Book surely. A handful of disgruntled military men who saw the study as a waste of time well explains the dubious results far better than the fanciful idea of aliens crossing the galaxy to okay hide and seek. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What makes alien life a possibility? 

Thanks for asking! B)

The fact that there are Trillions of Galaxies...each containing billions of star systems gives weight to the thought that at least more than one star system has a planet that hosts living organisms.  The odds of our planet being one of trillions is a bit hard to swallow.  The likely hood is that there is  a plethora of planets containing intelligent life.   

However; The likely hood of any  intelligent life form  traversing the infinity of space is beyond unlikely...it is quite impossible.   

The question then is Why is it impossible?  And the statement of ....civilizations billions of years old comes into play....but....that is a moot point.  There are no civilizations billions of years old.  How do you know?  I know because the entire reason for life to exist is two fold...To EAT and to keep from being EATEN.  This is what Life is all about.  That fact cannot be evolved out of the life form...eat or be eaten...it is a built in extinction for all species.  No civilization can escape the eat or be eaten mentality.  Only in the Star Trek movies....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:
On 5/14/2019 at 8:07 AM, Timothy said:

Lol. This guy! ^^^

@Hankenhunter, it’s such a bad video. They think they saw something, but did they?

Why do we only have a 10 second video? Have you found the original? 

What the pilot is quoted as saying does not correlate with the video we’re seeing too. 

1) Gee, Timothy, do you think it might be because the pilot did not have his camera running when the object whizzed up to the airplane?

‘It wasn’t a satellite or star’: we’ll it looks like it could be in this video.

2) Timothy, did you even *read* the article? First sentence: "a very bright, fast-moving object which appeared to move perilously close to the plane before moving off at considerable speed."  You really think a satellite or star could do all that,Timothy...?   :rofl:

’Then it disappeared at incredible speed’: That certainly isn’t shown in the video. Why not?

3) Timothy...  What can I say? How sad.

’He was very bright and close to us despite the sun’: Looks pretty far away in the video...

’I didn’t see anything flying so fast’: The video doesn’t show something that looks like it is flying fast from the reference point provided. But again, 10 second crappy video.

Any chance you have a better link @Hankenhunter? You seem to have information not contained in the article?

Also, ‘a big busy jet’ (as you put it) can actually be incredibly non-busy for large periods of time. Especially while cruising at altitude. Very low workload. So I don’t know what you’re talking about with that comment...

@UM-Bot should know better than to post non-English links too. Bad robot! 

4) Timothy, your ability to reason things out is lacking here. the questions you ask have self evident answers.

My bold/red.

1) I never raised an issue with the pilot not having their phone ready to film, as it was irrelevant to what I posted. I deliberately did not address that.

So, that's fail #1 from you.

2) That sentence you quoted was not even from the article. It was UM-Bot's intro.  Here's the link to the original article if you want to check for yourself: https://t24.com.tr/haber/thy-pilotu-cep-telefonuyla-kaydetti-ben-bu-kadar-hizli-ucan-bir-sey-gormedim,820930

Again also I was referring to the story not matching the video.

So, fail #2. More-so because you were trying to have a go at me for not reading the article!

3) Why is what I wrote sad? If already recording, why don't we see it disappear at incredible speed as claimed?

4) Post what you think the self-evident answers are then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

My bold/red.

1) I never raised an issue with the pilot not having their phone ready to film, as it was irrelevant to what I posted. I deliberately did not address that.

So, that's fail #1 from you.

Timothy,  that's the whole point. You failed to take that into consideration and it explains why the pilot did not video that part of his sighting of the UFO.  Again, you should have realized this and not tasked the OP with explaining it all. Fail for you.

2) That sentence you quoted was not even from the article. It was UM-Bot's intro.  Here's the link to the original article if you want to check for yourself: https://t24.com.tr/haber/thy-pilotu-cep-telefonuyla-kaydetti-ben-bu-kadar-hizli-ucan-bir-sey-gormedim,820930

Again also I was referring to the story not matching the video.

Apparently, you still don't realize that there is a verbal testimony and a video that don't match because the pilot video'd *after* he first saw the UFO. Timothy,. seriously, why is this so hard for you to get a handle on??

So, fail #2. More-so because you were trying to have a go at me for not reading the article!

3) Why is what I wrote sad? If already recording, why don't we see it disappear at incredible speed as claimed?

4) Post what you think the self-evident answers are then.

#3) Cripes, timothy... It took  off at "incredible speed" (verbal testimony) and THEN he pulled out his phone to video it. Timothy, this is not hard to figure out!!!   B)

#4)  The pilot was in the cabin.  Suddenly, an object in the sky approached his craft. Naturally, his camera is not videoing at that moment. Then the unknown object turns and takes off at high speed. It is *likely* the pilot then called his mates to see the object. Then he gets the idea to video the object. 

A lot of what the pilot witnessed and was impressed with is not on the video. No biggie but I don't think a Scotland Yards investigation need be conducted over that.

• Haha 1

@Earl.Of.Trumps: May we try this approach: Focus on this (Google translated) bit: ‘Then it disappeared at incredible speed’. 

The video didn’t show that. It’s still visible. It doesn’t disappear at incredible speed in the video. 

What say you sir?

• Like 3

It's a bright dot, defies gravity and is high up in the sky. If we slow the video to 0.25 there are some other flashes which are more interesting to look at but this one seems to be solid object.

Too bad tho, i expected Alien UFO.

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

@Earl.Of.Trumps: May we try this approach: Focus on this (Google translated) bit: ‘Then it disappeared at incredible speed’. 

The video didn’t show that. It’s still visible. It doesn’t disappear at incredible speed in the video. 

What say you sir?

Timothy...  I'll talk  s l o w e r....   your - "It doesn’t disappear at incredible speed in the video"  is a moot point. The pilot never claimed that the totality of what he saw is on the video. Why do you struggle with this,. Timothy?  I am sure that the pilot would love to have had the camera running when the UFO first approached his craft or when the object fled off, but he didn't. That's life, Timothy!

Just as an aside,  this case reminds me of the UFO that looked like two attached lights, off the coast of Ireland that was seen and reported by a female Irish pilot and that came up to the craft for a short while and then zoomed off at mach 2 in another direction.  Sounds similar, no?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

He says it came close to his plane and then flew off into the distance. I dont have a problem with him not getting video when it was close but i am disappointed his only description is... " it wasn't a star or a sattelite".  If it were close at first couldn't we get more detail? It was silver or red or green...shaped like a rectangle or circle or triangle   it was 10ft, or 6 ft or 20 ft across...etc, etc.

• Like 2

One surmises that what the pilot described as its 'great brightness' would tend to obscure details about color, shape, or size, especially in an object that moved very rapidly, and departed so quickly that it appears to simply wink out. The eye probably wouldn't have time to adjust to either the brightness or the very rapid motion.  

22 hours ago, the13bats said:

i was just out tuning my vw trike, its been running poorly, so its getting dark but i decide to risk pushing it home and blast a 1/2 mile down my main drag turned around and about a block from my house a bright green light flew past me at high speed right in front of me, it shot about 25 feet and did a nutty buzzing around not unlike the thing in this video and it did appear to be under control of some sort, it appeared very odd and otherworldly, by defination if i didnt know what it was it would be a UFO.

who's first to tell me what it was...;)

A firefly with a generator up it's ass...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, joc said:

Thanks for asking! B)

The fact that there are Trillions of Galaxies...each containing billions of star systems gives weight to the thought that at least more than one star system has a planet that hosts living organisms.  The odds of our planet being one of trillions is a bit hard to swallow.  The likely hood is that there is  a plethora of planets containing intelligent life.   

However; The likely hood of any  intelligent life form  traversing the infinity of space is beyond unlikely...it is quite impossible.   

The question then is Why is it impossible?  And the statement of ....civilizations billions of years old comes into play....but....that is a moot point.  There are no civilizations billions of years old.  How do you know?  I know because the entire reason for life to exist is two fold...To EAT and to keep from being EATEN.  This is what Life is all about.  That fact cannot be evolved out of the life form...eat or be eaten...it is a built in extinction for all species.  No civilization can escape the eat or be eaten mentality.  Only in the Star Trek movies....

Indeed, but with UFOs, I don't see the alien connection as they don't seem to come from space at all. 

• Like 3

A firefly with a generator up it's ass...

yep, well, when you have one dart past you its cool, it caught me off guard, my point was just fun story and how a very natural thing might be mistaken for who knows what.

ps, i think the bug was just happy it didnt become a splatter on my headlight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Indeed, but with UFOs, I don't see the alien connection as they don't seem to come from space at all. 

they could be alien, perhaps.  I think they are from another world that was obliterated long long ago and they are now permanent residents here. Perhaps longer than humans.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

they could be alien, perhaps.  I think they are from another world that was obliterated long long ago and they are now permanent residents here. Perhaps longer than humans.

Nothing supports that conclusion though. From archeology to DNA. 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 6:50 PM, DanL said:

The UFO thing seems to be one of the things that goes sideways. You either have the people that instantly say it isn't anything and is made up or just lies and then you have the ones that instantly want to jump to Alien space ships. I find the topic fascinating whether it is something odd or if not why do people keep seeing things that are strange and then the Government comes out with a series of wildly stupid lies that they will change several times, each time saying "This is the truth this time". 

UFOs that go back and forth across the sky with military craft chasing them are NOT meteorites! Roswell was reported by the military to be a flying saucer...a weather balloon...a high altitude sensor to keep an eye on Russian nuclear testing... some sort of testing of high altitude bailout techniques... with several just plain old "IT DIDN'T EVER HAPPEN!!"  denials thrown in here and there.

What's the deal??? I'm at least as fascinated by the plain stupidity of some of the Government explanations as I am by the possibility that we are being peeked at by little Grey Guys. It would be interesting to discuss intelligently but that is seldom allowed.

Interesting ,you suggest there are two camps: dismissers and believers.

Then you fall into those two camps yourself.

Have you considered other possibilities?

As far as I can see this is a story of pilots that were surprised by something. They claim close, but do not elaborate. 

Notice that the article states: "which appeared to move perilously close to the plane "

Yet, there is no mention of their ACAS doing anything. Was there an alarm? Did the system make a maneuver? Is it possible that the pilots misjudged the distance to the object? We simply notice a complete lack of information in the story. Maybe this was space debris entering the atmosphere and it was initially quite bright and that startled the pilots and led them to think that the brightness indicated proximity. The speed and brightness would be consistent with space debris, not a meteorite entering the atmosphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_collision_avoidance_system

Notice that there is no mention of a shape. It is described as bright. That's all. Was it a saucer shape, or a cigar shape, or a triangle shape, or any shape at all. No.

I would suggest that something "which appeared to move perilously close to the plane " would reveal a shape. No mention of shape but this:

Pilot Atilla Senturk, whose phone footage of the object can be viewed in the video below, described it as an "incredibly bright celestial body at high altitude."

No shape, but it is bright. 

I think they might have witnessed a reentry. I think the idea that this was perilously close to the plane is not correct.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked