Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Legion returns on FX Network

Alchopwn

I don't know if anyone else is interested but I have been concerned that since the big Disney buy-out of Marvel and the 2 year moratorium that killed all the Marvel shows on Netflix that the excellent show "Legion" was also getting chopped.  Apparently not.  Legion is returning  on FX Networks on June 24th 2019.  I am a huge fan of the show and this news has made my day.  I am actually more excited about this than GoT's last episode next week.  While I have enjoyed other superhero shows, Legion is the best of them imo.  If you haven't watched it, I recommend it highly.

Legion Third Season Trailer

Review of Legion by Rolling Stone Magazine that explains why it is good better than I can.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

The X-Men series suffered so many paradigm shifts that I see any movie or series as just another alternate universe. I liked what they did with Legion here. If I remember right in the comic his father just wheeled him around as a anti-mutant weapon after Professor X cooked his brain. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Piney said:

The X-Men series suffered so many paradigm shifts that I see any movie or series as just another alternate universe. I liked what they did with Legion here. If I remember right in the comic his father just wheeled him around as a anti-mutant weapon after Professor X cooked his brain. 

The TV show hasn't even touched on Professor X yet.  I am sure it isn't Marvel canon, but I am no expert.  I spent my teens reading Vertigo and Dark Horse. I fully admit my ignorance of the better part of the Marvel universe, but my friends think this has helped me enjoy the movies more as I have no preconceptions.  Needless to say they have loads of preconceptions and frequently get a bit annoyed by the movies.  So who knows?  Perhaps this is the season where Prof X cooks poor David's brain?  If so, you just spoilered me Piney, lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

The TV show hasn't even touched on Professor X yet.  I am sure it isn't Marvel canon, but I am no expert.  I spent my teens reading Vertigo and Dark Horse. I fully admit my ignorance of the better part of the Marvel universe, but my friends think this has helped me enjoy the movies more as I have no preconceptions.  Needless to say they have loads of preconceptions and frequently get a bit annoyed by the movies.  So who knows?  Perhaps this is the season where Prof X cooks poor David's brain?  If so, you just spoilered me Piney, lol.

I think they turned it around completely. In the comic David's brain was cooked as a child......if I remember right.

I was a X-Men fan mainly because of Forge. The only Native superhero that wasn't a stereotypical joke. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I think they turned it around completely. In the comic David's brain was cooked as a child......if I remember right.

I was a X-Men fan mainly because of Forge. The only Native superhero that wasn't a stereotypical joke. 

Yeah, fair enough.  I just looked Forge up.  I can see the appeal; he really isn't a stereotype at all.  Not too often you see a Native American superhero without a bow and a tomahawk (mores the pity), let alone one who is a supergenius level technologist.  Hats off to Marvel.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alchopwn said:

Yeah, fair enough.  I just looked Forge up.  I can see the appeal; he really isn't a stereotype at all.  Not too often you see a Native American superhero without a bow and a tomahawk (mores the pity), let alone one who is a supergenius level technologist.  Hats off to Marvel.

I have high functioning autism and can systemize-repair-build anything so I can relate to him.  :yes:

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 10:24 PM, Piney said:

I have high functioning autism and can systemize-repair-build anything so I can relate to him.  :yes:

Well I am impressed.  If you hadn't have told me I wouldn't have known, and I normally clue into things like that pretty quickly even in writing style.  So... let's apply the best diagnostic methodology presently available... how many hours a day do you play minecraft? :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Well I am impressed.  If you hadn't have told me I wouldn't have known, and I normally clue into things like that pretty quickly even in writing style.  So... let's apply the best diagnostic methodology presently available... how many hours a day do you play minecraft? :lol:

i shun video games. I love working on farm or sawmill machinery, building "hot rodded" chainsaws and rather be outdoors.

My writing style comes from a private English Quaker education so I'm a "hard read".  :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Piney said:

i shun video games. I love working on farm or sawmill machinery, building "hot rodded" chainsaws and rather be outdoors.

My writing style comes from a private English Quaker education so I'm a "hard read".  :lol:

Okay, if I ever need a high powered chainsaw  I'll definitely ask you about it.  As to getting a Quaker education, should I read that as tho you were educated in England?  I don't know much about the Quaker education system, so this is something of a first for me.  How was it?

33 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Okay, if I ever need a high powered chainsaw  I'll definitely ask you about it.  As to getting a Quaker education, should I read that as tho you were educated in England?  I don't know much about the Quaker education system, so this is something of a first for me.  How was it?

I was tutored. 

That Aubrey Plaza woman's very easy on the eye.

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That Aubrey Plaza woman's very easy on the eye.

She is also one of the more gifted comedians I have come across recently.  She has a gift for awkward humor.  I recommend watching some of her interviews, as the way she takes seemingly innocuous comments from interviewers and turns them into bizarre episodes that leave you laughing hard, well, I'm a fan.  Aubrey's a lot more than a pretty face.  Here is a sampler:

AP Colbert Interview - Catwoman

AP Conan - Traumatic Musical number

More Aubrey being awkward.

So, who has finished watching Legion?  Ep 10 of Season 3 is all we get, and to be fair, it did a very respectable job of wrapping up the show imo.  

I would like to hear what people thought tho.  Feel free to disagree with me.  There's no discussion if there is no difference of opinion.

I would ask that you employ the spoiler icon (eye icon) if you want to discuss specifics, as there are bound to be readers who don't want surprises spoiled for them.

Edited by Alchopwn