Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted hospital draws in thousands each year

UM-Bot

My first thought was - How does a 2 story building have a 485 ft "death chute"?   

Found the answer:

image.png.599780d8cd3a64aebfc25eaea20398eb.png
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It extends out as well as down.

our house was built around 1909, by a town who,

it has a rare in florida 2k sf basement with cement floors, the house has been a b&b, had a sign business and likely a speak easy running in the basement, my wife is convinced there is a secret tunnel connecting the basement to the carriage house but we have yet to find it...a guy a few blocks over found a car buried in his yard.

oddly while some things were updated and changed some stuff is a time capsule, so who knows whats left to find.

on the OP if they offered tours of some old building no one much would go for free but tack "haunted" on it and they line up cash in hand,  what does "most" haunted mean since its never proven.

i dont like dealing with people but if i offered a nights lodging at the old "haunted" ferran house b&b i would be booked for years in advance...very odd what people will throw money at.

• Like 1

I'm sure people think they see all sorts ghostly activity!

Meh.

• Like 1

i wouldnt pay much if anything to tour it but i love old historic stuff so for that it would be fun, maybe, if its not just worn out.

The owner has been on every paranormal show there is. Free advertising on major cable channels. Most recently on the new show Portals to Hell. I recorded it but haven’t watched it yet. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

The owner has been on every paranormal show there is. Free advertising on major cable channels. Most recently on the new show Portals to Hell. I recorded it but haven’t watched it yet. 

good for them, and free promos are savvy but is it worth it i mean how you look to a lot of people.

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

i wouldnt pay much if anything to tour it but i love old historic stuff so for that it would be fun, maybe, if its not just worn out.

I'd pay a few bucks to tour it.   Maybe $12-$15 or something like that.   It'd be an interesting couple hours to see the history of the building.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Myles said:

I'd pay a few bucks to tour it.   Maybe $12-$15 or something like that.   It'd be an interesting couple hours to see the history of the building.  

i guess im cheap, lol, for me just depends if the people running it are cool or cheddar richards,

but sure 12-15 wouldnt be unfair admission

• Like 1

With our today's advanced technologies of seeing and listening continuously without interruptions, and recording everything in digital files for studying in the labs, I wonder if any serious investigators have employed them to ascertain whatever is taking place when no humans are present all the time.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:40 PM, oslove said:

With our today's advanced technologies of seeing and listening continuously without interruptions, and recording everything in digital files for studying in the labs, I wonder if any serious investigators have employed them to ascertain whatever is taking place when no humans are present all the time.

its an interesting idea not just for this joint but any alleged haunted local, but the issue is anything recorded is gonna be debated, and it gets deep, some will blame virtuality everything on ghost activity and while fun its of no value to science,

i know if i left recorders and video gear in my attic or basement i would get a lot of coolness but it wouldnt prove anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

its an interesting idea not just for this joint but any alleged haunted local, but the issue is anything recorded is gonna be debated, and it gets deep, some will blame virtuality everything on ghost activity and while fun its of no value to science,

i know if i left recorders and video gear in my attic or basement i would get a lot of coolness but it wouldnt prove anything.

You are right, it would not be taken seriously.   However it would still be useful.  If any credible scientist would be part of the investigation, it could get them to buy into the phenomenon.   

If a credible news show (not that there are many left) could investigate and show some stuff that they back up, it would be a nudge in the right direction.    

Personally I don't think any of it is real.   But I'm not 100% convinced of it.   Just haven't found much great evidence.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You are right, it would not be taken seriously.   However it would still be useful.  If any credible scientist would be part of the investigation, it could get them to buy into the phenomenon.   

If a credible news show (not that there are many left) could investigate and show some stuff that they back up, it would be a nudge in the right direction.    

Personally I don't think any of it is real.   But I'm not 100% convinced of it.   Just haven't found much great evidence.   

i am not a believer but like with with any of it i say prove me wrong, i place ghosts and hauntings at the bottom of my list of possible,

i would suspect that all the bs claptrap tv shows about ghosts, bf, aliens, etc have made many scientists more leary about getting involved in such areas, it does suck, when we see some geek misusing light, emf etc gear saying yep...thats proves a spook is here.

i would love to see more real research on what i think ghosts are, the recoded past, not a spirit or entity no consciences, nothing from the other side but a weird phenomenon of the planet and us,

like john keel said, the earth doesnt exist like we think it does.

Part of the problem, I think, is that we are lumping all sorts of things  into the box marked "Ghosts", when in fact there seems to be several different types of things going on. It's like calling all things that fly 'eagles', even though eagles do not make up the majority of flying creatures. 

• Like 1