Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess - the winner!

Saru

Congratulations to the top three and to Atlantis Rises for being the overall winner.

To the rest of us, well done. It's been fun taking part. Thanks everyone for all my games and a special thank you to Joc.

lol I sound like someone at an award ceremony :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games guys, was a lot of fun.

:)

• Like 5

Congratulations to the winner Atlantis Rises, and Saru and Pettytalk, the runners up. Thanks to joc for keeping score and to those who kept joc right keeping score! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I see Pettytalk clipped me for third at the wire.

Well done( @Atlantis Rises @AtlantisRises,) & @Saru & @Pettytalk. AR and Saru are literally, according to data presented, twice the chess players most of us are. 

Big thank you to @joc and I hope your daughters graduation went swimmingly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I see Pettytalk clipped me for third at the wire.

Well done( @Atlantis Rises @AtlantisRises,) & @Saru & @Pettytalk. AR and Saru are literally, according to data presented, twice the chess players most of us are. 

Big thank you to @joc and I hope your daughters graduation went swimmingly.

I am stepping back from RHP for a little while Dan as work is getting to be crazy busy. I will get back to our game when I get a chance. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I am stepping back from RHP for a little while Dan as work is getting to be crazy busy. I will get back to our game when I get a chance. Thanks for your patience.

No worries mate. Take your time.

• Like 1

Congrats to @AtlantisRises. Good job. See you next year :rolleyes:

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 3

Congratulations to Atlantis, Saru, and Pettytalk!  :tu:

Also, congrats to Danydandan who launched an impressive study of the game and walked away a seasoned chess warrior with a commanding Honorable Mention!

And congratulations to everyone else who participated...you are all greatly appreciated for your time and efforts.  Chess is a demanding game...you all persevered and should be very proud of yourselves.  Not to get all philosophical but...Chess is a mirror of sorts to the game of Life.  Thank you all for your participation!  :)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Not to get all philosophical but...Chess is a mirror of sorts to the game of Life.  Thank you all for your participation!  :)

How very Irish of you.

Not to get all philosophical.......BUT. I plan on winning next time.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

How very Irish of you.

You are the only other person besides myself who uses the word 'swimmingly'!  Graduation did go rather swimmingly...thanks! 

I would not be the least bit surprised if you come out on top of the Chess World.  It's not Rocket Science but then again...it kind of is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

You are the only other person besides myself who uses the word 'swimmingly'!  Graduation did go rather swimmingly...thanks! 

I would not be the least bit surprised if you come out on top of the Chess World.  It's not Rocket Science but then again...it kind of is.

It's orders of magnitude more complex than rocket science.

Glad to hear graduation went well.

Edited by danydandan

I agree with everyone's comments here, and I'm grateful for the lessons and conversations I had with each and every game I played. I had not played the game for decades, and the interest I had in the game as a child has been revived. I'm certain that this time decades will not pass again for the next stage in playing the game. Although it was obvious, as already stated, that we have among us two who are a cut above the others (the rest of us) we are all winners just for the privilege of having played with these two top winners.  And this may come across as my wanting to seem modest, nevertheless, the truth is that I find myself in third place by mere chance, and not for merit. 

I hope to be still alive and kicking for the next UM chess tournament, and I wish the same for all.

And a special thanks to Joc for all his volunteer work on managing the games, while also participating as a player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, danydandan said:

How very Irish of you.

Plans have been known to fail! Still, I plan to bet on you next year as being the one in my trifacta 

2 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Plans have been known to fail! Still, I plan to bet on you next year as being the one in my trifacta 

I just have to make sure Saru, AR, EoT, Nuke and your good self don't play. Then I'll definitely be able to win.

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

I just have to make sure Saru, AR, EoT, Nuke and your good self don't play. Then I'll definitely be able to win.

You scare me, Frankenstein!   

Image result for frankenstein

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You scare me, Frankenstein!   

Image result for frankenstein

I'll ask that North Korean lad for a few long range guided missiles. 

• Haha 1

• This topic was locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned