Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

Alabama abortion ban: Republican senate

253 posts in this topic

Earl.Of.Trumps

Hey EMM, how are ya?   Now that's a bolt out of the blue.   Why so strict? It has no chance of holding up in the SC

EDIT:  I forgot to add my opine.  Fist trimester, Ok.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

RoofGardener
5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hey EMM, how are ya?   Now that's a bolt out of the blue.   Why so strict? It has no chance of holding up in the SC

EDIT:  I forgot to add my opine.  Fist trimester, Ok.

I dunno EoT.... the SC is more conservative than it has been for a long time. Could Alabama be using this as a stalking horse to get Wade vs Roe overturned ? 

• Like 5

ExpandMyMind
15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I dunno EoT.... the SC is more conservative than it has been for a long time. Could Alabama be using this as a stalking horse to get Wade vs Roe overturned ? 

This is undoubtedly what they plan to attempt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RoofGardener
24 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This is undoubtedly what they plan to attempt.

that would be a .... very.. big deal ? We'd be talking major civil unrest, surely ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

ExpandMyMind
9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

that would be a .... very.. big deal ? We'd be talking major civil unrest, surely ? 

I'm not sure how it would play out, to be honest. Not well though, that's for sure. 

One could hope that it would ultimately lead to liberal and conservative states splitting :D That would be one way to end the left/right polarisation.

• Like 1

docyabut2
6 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Guardian

Well, this isn't good.

Great, to save lives ^_^

• Like 2

ExpandMyMind
6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Great, to save lives ^_^

To cement religious voters, actually.

• Like 5

Jerry Gallo
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

It's more likely a push back on the late term and post birth abortions that the left has been pushing recently. Many folks made their peace with first trimester abortions, special cases (rape, incest, health of mother/baby), now we've morphed from "not a life until first breath" to "not a life if he/she isn't up to our expectations". The pendulum has swung too far to the left, so the right is taking the lead of pushing back in the exact same format they've been pushed - to extremes. We will see all the familiar "going backwards" and "stupid religious people" tripe, but I doubt we'll see any legitimate discussion.

The answer is to legislate this into a Constitutional amendment as we should have done in 1973. If they cannot do so in the secular progressive society that exists in the US today, then perhaps the US isn't as pro-abortion as that lobby wants us to believe. Should probably be a states issue, but I doubt Kavanaugh and Roberts will both rule that way. There's a reason many of us oppose legislating from the bench on social issues, it just leaves the door open for constant gridlock in the courts.

• Like 4

Agent0range

Rape is not an exception in this bill.  It's no surprise they rank near the bottom in education.

• Like 5

Rlyeh

They rank the 6th highest in capital punishment.

• Like 1

RoofGardener

You know, the leftists and democrats say that Trump is embarrasses the USA internationally. 

It is THIS sort of thing that TRULY embarrasses the USA, and makes it look backward. I find it incredible. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

aztek
17 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Rape is not an exception in this bill.  It's no surprise they rank near the bottom in education.

lol, read the bill again,. make sure you understand what it says,  you really should not talk about education, if you can't  understand simple things.

• Haha 1

ExpandMyMind
24 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

The pendulum has swung too far to the science

FTFY

aztek
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

lol, not a chance. 

ExpandMyMind
11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You know, the leftists and democrats say that Trump is embarrasses the USA internationally. 

It is THIS sort of thing that TRULY embarrasses the USA, and makes it look backward. I find it incredible. 

It's like someone watched The Handmaid's Tale while furiously scribbling notes.

• Like 3

aztek

on one hand we have one side outlawing abortion, the other side is trying to make it legal to kill the baby after it was born, hm.. 

• Like 1

ExpandMyMind
12 minutes ago, aztek said:

the other side is trying to make it legal to kill the baby after it was born, hm.. 

Nope. Don't usually bother replying to your nonsense, but that's outright baseless propaganda.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

and then
2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I'd say it's no more angst producing than watching a New York State Senate giving a standing Ovation to abortion on the day of delivery, no?  Let the several states decide what is best within their borders.

• Like 1

RavenHawk
4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nope. Don't usually bother replying to your nonsense, but that's outright baseless propaganda.

Really?  Then who is proposing these late-term abortions?  Who is it that talks about giving birth and then keeping the child comfortable while the mother and doctor discuss that it should be killed or not?

• Like 2

and then
52 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

so the right is taking the lead of pushing back in the exact same format they've been pushed - to extremes.

This is precisely what it represents.If you want to see examples of backward, vicious people, look at the comments against a whole State that we're seeing here.

aztek
25 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

facts are alien concept to you i see, do yourself a favor, keep ignoring me, when you reply you sound dumber than  a door  bell

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

and then
45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Did you think New York's State Senate voting to allow killing a baby that is literally due the next day, to be embarrassing, RG? 

• Like 1

RoofGardener
4 minutes ago, and then said:

Did you think New York's State Senate voting to allow killing a baby that is literally due the next day, to be embarrassing, RG? 

I found it horrifying, and indeed virtually infanticide. 

And this from a Democrat-controlled Senate. What have they become ? 

• Like 2