Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alabama abortion ban: Republican senate

ExpandMyMind

Sorry you all women of the laws  were  convinced of losing a life :(

Edited by docyabut2

25 minutes ago, and then said:

Take a breath and do a tiny bit of background research, Kismit.  The sponsor of this bill INTENTIONALLY made it the "horror" it seems to be for those on the Left.  It was designed to be tested and taken to the Supreme Court.  There was never any expectation that ti would become active, let alone stand as law even in Alabama.  The hysterics are ridiculous and childish when all that's required is a bit more background on the topic.  I'm curious, Kismit, scandalized as you seem to be over Alabama's backward's "filth", how did you react when the state of New York basically legalized infanticide?   Any "filth" that you observed there?

Once more til it sinks in..infanticide is illegal in all states. Abortions are not performed right before or after birth. It's complete horse puckey.

• Like 3

How many of the people on this post who are anti choice have adopted, fostered, or are financially responsible for kids under state care? Anyone? Bueller? How many pregnant mother's homes or charities have you donated to? How many foster kids who age out of the system end up homeless? (In Georgia is over 40%). I'm curious as much as you find abortion distasteful why you don't find the unwanted children abortion bans will produce languishing in state care more distasteful?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I have seen friends grieve every year, for more than twenty years, on what would have been their aborted child's birthday. You are the one judging.

Conversely, I know lots of women that had abortions and not one of them grieves. They all feel relief and are thankful for the opportunities it gave them. If you were indoctrinated to feel guilty then you're going to feel guilty. If you internalized toxic ideas then guilt ensues. Honestly, feeling guilty about something like that is just crazy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, darkmoonlady said:

Once more til it sinks in..infanticide is illegal in all states. Abortions are not performed right before or after birth. It's complete horse puckey.

I don't care what your interpretation of it is.  The fact is that babies can be aborted by choice the day before their due.  THAT is infanticide.  It's an abomination and anyone who supports such a thing is evil, IMO.  Just because there is no language in a law on the books that actually SAYS INFANTICIDE does not mean it won't happen under the NY State ruling.  Up until that ruling, I stayed completely out of the discussion over abortion rights but THAT level of evil has to be fought or it will stain anyone that ignores it.  It is a bridge too far.  The law in Alabama was a direct answer to that savagery.  Let it be rehashed at the USSC level and let America decide in the 21st century what we want.  If "reproductive rights" are as universally supported as everyone seems to believe then nothing will change.  At worst it will be sent back to the states for each to decide.  That is as it should have been all along for something as personal and moral as this decision is.  9 old folks in robes shouldn't have that right.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

How many of the people on this post who are anti choice have adopted, fostered, or are financially responsible for kids under state care? Anyone? Bueller? How many pregnant mother's homes or charities have you donated to? How many foster kids who age out of the system end up homeless? (In Georgia is over 40%). I'm curious as much as you find abortion distasteful why you don't find the unwanted children abortion bans will produce languishing in state care more distasteful?

Is that supposed to the salve the conscience of people willing to kill fully formed, viable children?  You have no right to an opinion or a moral stance unless you take in orphans?  WHO THE HELL put you in charge as the arbiter?  This state took a stance and I hope the USSC sends the decision back to the other 49 states to decide.  They can vote on it or choke on it.  Maybe, just MAYBE the answer isn't butchering the unborn but causing "adult" human beings to refrain from CREATING so many of them, huh?  Or is that kind of logic not allowed?  Can't be telling people how to live their lives, no? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't care what your interpretation of it is.  The fact is that babies can be aborted by choice the day before their due.  THAT is infanticide.  It's an abomination and anyone who supports such a thing is evil, IMO.  Just because there is no language in a law on the books that actually SAYS INFANTICIDE does not mean it won't happen under the NY State ruling.  Up until that ruling, I stayed completely out of the discussion over abortion rights but THAT level of evil has to be fought or it will stain anyone that ignores it.  It is a bridge too far.  The law in Alabama was a direct answer to that savagery.  Let it be rehashed at the USSC level and let America decide in the 21st century what we want.  If "reproductive rights" are as universally supported as everyone seems to believe then nothing will change.  At worst it will be sent back to the states for each to decide.  That is as it should have been all along for something as personal and moral as this decision is.  9 old folks in robes shouldn't have that right.

Haha what part of illegal already and does not happen not get through? The law in Alabama was made my twenty five men who couldn't find a uterus with a map and a flashlight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, and then said:

Is that supposed to the salve the conscience of people willing to kill fully formed, viable children?  You have no right to an opinion or a moral stance unless you take in orphans?  WHO THE HELL put you in charge as the arbiter?  This state took a stance and I hope the USSC sends the decision back to the other 49 states to decide.  They can vote on it or choke on it.  Maybe, just MAYBE the answer isn't butchering the unborn but causing "adult" human beings to refrain from CREATING so many of them, huh?  Or is that kind of logic not allowed?  Can't be telling people how to live their lives, no? 

So that'd be a no then to every question. Mmhmm. Thought so.

Edited by darkmoonlady

4 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Haha what part of illegal already and does not happen not get through? The law in Alabama was made my twenty five men who couldn't find a uterus with a map and a flashlight.

Before I lose my temper too much let me just put a little information out there.  I don't care if you approve of it, this isn't sport to me and frankly, I find people who treat it that way a bit ghoulish.  But here's the SPONSOR of that bill that "25 men were responsible" for:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/14/alabamas-abortion-bill-is-not-about-alabama-its-about-tossing-roe-v-wade/?utm_term=.ccc3ab51adff 

There's a nice hardcore Liberal news piece to tear it to shreds but at least it gets the gist of the bill's import correct.  It was always intended as a vehicle to challenge and hopefully to set aside a horrible diktat from 45 years ago and replace it with a modern consensus or 50 of them.  This should either be legislated at the national level or it should be legislated at the state level.  The people need a voice.  ALL THE PEOPLE.  

Pull your hair, shriek, wail about filth, but try getting some of the facts and the background before making fools of yourselves, what?

1 hour ago, and then said:

If the fetus is viable, of *course* it's infanticide to abort it.  Couldn't agree more, and then.

When Jefferson penned "All men are created equal", America had slavery. It's not the words that are wrong it's the people, and anyone who wants infanticide to be legal makes the same error that the people who wanted slavery made. Those infants are American citizens and are protected by the constitution.

All praise the Constitution

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If the fetus is viable, of *course* it's infanticide to abort it.  Couldn't agree more, and then.

When Jefferson penned "All men are created equal", America had slavery. It's not the words that are wrong it's the people, and anyone who wants infanticide to be legal makes the same error that the people who wanted slavery made. Those infants are American citizens and are protected by the constitution.

All praise the Constitution

This is just the truth, man.  We all know that these rules get stretched to their limits no matter how generous those limits are set initially.  What passed in NY wasn't written in honest language to explain what will really happen upon the CONVENIENCE of the mother.  It will happen regularly and we all know it.  The fact that that bunch of ghouls applauded it made people around this nation so upset that several states began planning an answer.  Alabama's just happens to be the most in their face version so far.  Call it our legislature's version of a standing "O" for what we believe in.  That article from WaPo actually explains the reality of the bill/law pretty well.  This has been a simmering issue for decades and it's time for another, reasoned, legislated look at it.  No one, even in Alabama, expects that law to stand as is.  For those who're losing their minds over it, I wonder how they handled what NY did?  I don't recall a lot of Sturm and Drang over THAT one but maybe I missed it.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence.[1] The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their creator, and which governments are created to protect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life,_Liberty_and_the_pursuit_of_Happiness

• Thanks 1

Pro Abortion or Pro Life is quite a misnomer it's really more like Pro Choice Or Anti Choice

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

rode v wade   that started the  abortion law  that a women didn't want another child. she was pregnant and had a right to kill another child? :( 

The Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the three trimesters of pregnancy: the Court ruled that during the first trimester, governments could not prohibit abortions at all; during the second trimester, governments could require reasonable health regulations; during the third trimester, abortions could be prohibited entirely so long as the laws contained exceptions for cases when abortion was necessary to save the life of the mother.

but it is not that important, what is , if this ruling overturned, what would stop from overruling others,  

1 minute ago, Summerin1905 said:

Pro Abortion or Pro Life is quite a misnomer it's really more like Pro Choice Or Anti Choice

Whatever label we want to place on this industry, it's time to revisit it and have it LEGISLATED either on a state by state basis or at the national level.  People need a chance to VOTE and make their voice heard.  Once that's done, maybe this country can achieve a modicum of peace over the issue.  There is room for compromise on both sides.  A state by state decision would probably be best as long as those women in each state still had some recourse to go where they can get the "rights" they demand.  There should be no legal sanction for any woman who makes such a choice, for any reason or none at all.  That's between her and her conscience.

2 hours ago, Princess Bride said:

Conversely, I know lots of women that had abortions and not one of them grieves. They all feel relief and are thankful for the opportunities it gave them. If you were indoctrinated to feel guilty then you're going to feel guilty. If you internalized toxic ideas then guilt ensues. Honestly, feeling guilty about something like that is just crazy.

:lol: You're batting a thousand. I've been an atheist for 45 years and rescuing animals since I could crawl. It is an instinct I was born with, to protect the young and helpless. All you have left to blame is Mother Earth. :tu:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, and then said:

Whatever label we want to place on this industry, it's time to revisit it and have it LEGISLATED either on a state by state basis or at the national level.  People need a chance to VOTE and make their voice heard.  Once that's done, maybe this country can achieve a modicum of peace over the issue.  There is room for compromise on both sides.  A state by state decision would probably be best as long as those women in each state still had some recourse to go where they can get the "rights" they demand.  There should be no legal sanction for any woman who makes such a choice, for any reason or none at all.  That's between her and her conscience.

You say that in a thread where the people DID NOT vote on this bill.  This is a thread where MALE representatives voted on this bill.  Where MALE representatives voted to leave RAPE and INCEST out of exemptions for the bill.  People don't vote for every bill brought forth to the representatives.  Representatives do.  I'd have to imagine that the people of Alabama would not vote against RAPE and INCEST not being grounds for an abortion.  Although, it is Alabama, so you never know.

Really?  It's between her and her conscience?  What the hell kind of conscience do you have that you would allow a pre-teen girl who was raped by her father be forced to have a child, and ruin HER life?  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

ok there is 75 % of people that support pro life will take over some day . 

OK 75% of people support pro life, that is great.  How many unwanted children have you personally  fostered?  How much money have you contributed to the long term care of disabled infants?  Or once they are born has your duty been done?  Do you turn your backs and say that is the parent's responsibility?  If an infant dies of neglect or abuse or disease or starvation before they are six months old does it matter in the slightest to you that if concerned people had intervened that child might have lived?  It is a wonderful and honorable thing to be pro-life .  I hope you realize infants and children could also use some aid once they are born.   Why is it I see signs and anti-abortion protests but never a demonstration by the same people supporting handicapped or malnourished infants?  Is it mostly Democrats working in social services and Children's charities.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Princess Bride said:

Then you aren't really pro-choice as you just claimed.

Sure you can. I  am conservative but also pro choice. To me it means any women including myself, makes the choice. I made a choice not to but sister did. Honestly believe pro life tougher stance to take. Though I have respect for their “choice” also..

• Like 2

Pennsylvania just passed a bill to stop abortion for fetuses diagnosed with Down's Syndrome. It already has a law that prevents abortion because of the sex of the fetus. I do not see PA declaring abortion illegal like the Alabama or Georgia bills. I believe our law says up to the 24th or 28th week.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/pa-house-passes-bill-prohibit-abortion-down-syndrome/

I'm pro-choice but Michelle is right that many women do grieve the loss of their baby. It isn't an easy decision to make for many women. I don't think it should be used loosely just as birth control. I've seen actresses on TV talking about their experiences and they are holding back tears. Because of the sex of the fetus could be a scary thing there. Most people want boys. It's pretty much asking if abortion should be used to determine the sex of your children. 

And if I can, I'd like to give an honorable mention to Tatetopa. He's the only man in this whole thread I saw say the woman isn't the only one who should be taking some responsibility for this. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe the free market should develop an orgasm pill for men.  Those who desire just pop a pill, crawl under the sheets with a Playboy and poof, no more need for abortions, and maybe fewer rapes as well.

I think Earl was trying to catch me in my in my sarcasm there.  It is generally true that men don't need a pill for that. 

5 hours ago, Princess Bride said:

I was never able to afford one. I could barely get birth control other than condoms at times. You and your friends must all be wealthy.

I think your condemnation of women getting too many and using them as birth control is rather judgemental. It really doesn't matter and it's no one's business how many any other woman has. 

Remember honey, and I'm not saying this to be contradictory, but each time a woman has an abortion she is putting her reproductive organ through stress that can do damage and create scar tissue. That's why an obstetrician will ask you if you ever had one. It could inhibit her ability to conceive and give birth safely when she is ready. It needs to remain a safe procedure under medical supervision and in a safe environment as things can go wrong. It is an invasive procedure. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, and then said:

Take a breath and do a tiny bit of background research, Kismit.  The sponsor of this bill INTENTIONALLY made it the "horror" it seems to be for those on the Left.  It was designed to be tested and taken to the Supreme Court.  There was never any expectation that ti would become active, let alone stand as law even in Alabama.  The hysterics are ridiculous and childish when all that's required is a bit more background on the topic.  I'm curious, Kismit, scandalized as you seem to be over Alabama's backward's "filth", how did you react when the state of New York basically legalized infanticide?   Any "filth" that you observed there?

I know it is designed to contest Roe verses Wade. That doesn’t actually make it any better.

• Like 3

Roe vs Wade will never be overturned. 

It's been a long time since I looked at PA's abortion laws. Apparently they have changed since 1989 if this site is correct. It is up to 24 wks but I was unaware of parental or spousal consent. There is a part of the law saying a woman must have counseling and wait for 24 hours before she has the procedure.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvania-law/pennsylvania-abortion-laws.html

• The topic was locked