Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

Alabama abortion ban: Republican senate

260 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

docyabut2
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm pro-choice. I can also realistically see a need for more regulations. Abortions aren't provided in hospitals. They are provided in clinics...sometimes with very little regulations.

nurses in hospitals  had to rock those babies to die and they being thrown in garage, that the mothers did not want their babies   

Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act – a bill that would protect babies born alive following failed abortions from infanticide

 even  nurses in hospitals  are trying to over come all those horrific abortions :)

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
16 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

it is sad the doctors have to do those abortions in the past by a law  :( you can't get them out of  it until the supreme  court can over rule rode v wade  

nope, very bad idea,  that would open floodgate to overturn pretty much anything else,  i also see no  valid reason to overturn it,  it will do more harm than good. and why should they? cuz some liberals want to kill babies??? hell no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope, very bad idea,  that would open floodgate to overturn pretty much anything else,  i also see no  valid reason to overturn it,  it will do more harm than good. and why should they? cuz some liberals want to kill babies??? hell no

 rode v wade   that started the  abortion law  that a women didn't want another child. she was pregnant and had a right to kill another child? :( 

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

nurses in hospitals  had to rock those babies to die and they being thrown in garage, that the mothers did not want their babies   

Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act – a bill that would protect babies born alive following failed abortions from infanticide

 even  nurses in hospitals  are trying to over come all those horrific abortions :)

 

20 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

 

rode v wade   that started the  abortion law  that a women didn't want another child. she was pregnant and had a right to kill another child? :( 

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady
37 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm pro-choice. I can also realistically see a need for more regulations. Abortions aren't provided in hospitals. They are provided in clinics...sometimes with very little regulations.

The abortions Trump is attempting to reference where it's late stage involving non viable fetus issues DO happen in hospitals. That's the point. These women are flying to Colorado, having an injection to stop the heart and sent back to the state they live in for induced still births. None of that is how he describes it because it doesn't happen. There are no clinics that do that, there are two doctors and they aren't paid for by insurance. A mother has to come up with 10,000 to 25,000 dollars, plus the cost of travel. This isn't a flippant decision as certain posters here want to think it is. Abortion is already regulated and the example you posted is a clear case of someone operating outside those laws who was caught and convicted. It's a terrible case but it has nothing to do with licensed clinics and mother's in dire medical need and attempting conflate the two is disingenuous.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady
29 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

nurses in hospitals  had to rock those babies to die and they being thrown in garage, that the mothers did not want their babies   

Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act – a bill that would protect babies born alive following failed abortions from infanticide

 even  nurses in hospitals  are trying to over come all those horrific abortions :)

That does not happen. Period. It's a mythological fantasy spun up from whole cloth by the anti choice side. Abortions happen mostly in the early stages of pregnancy when a fetus isn't viable outside the womb and is the size of walnut. How exactly are "nurses in hospitals" rocking a walnut to sleep?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

I don't give a damn what Trump says about abortions. He isn't making these decisions, the states are. I've had my own opinion since the middle 70's when I investigated into it on my own. I'm pro-choice, but I also know they have been used as birth control too often and the pregnancy is often terminated long after I think it should be.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
58 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm pro-choice. I can also realistically see a need for more regulations. Abortions aren't provided in hospitals. They are provided in clinics...sometimes with very little regulations.

I agree abortion clinics need to be well regulated but there is a well known tactic as well. They are called TRAP laws and are designed to over regulate abortion clinics to the point where they can no longer function or get closed by state inspectors that never intended to allow them to remain open.

Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/targeted-regulation-abortion-providers

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
Posted (edited)

I know an awful lot of girls who have had abortions over the years. Apparently, it isn't as difficult or expensive as some people make it out to be. Personal experience and nothing I care to prove or disprove. Some of them only missed a half day at school.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Quote of the day:  "Maybe the free market should develop an orgasm pill for men."     Tateopa, circa nowImage result for laughing

Hopefully I'm on my way to an internet fortune. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady
2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know an awful lot of girls who have had abortions over the years. Apparently, it isn't as difficult or expensive as some people make it out to be. Personal experience and nothing I care to prove or disprove.

And so what if they did? It's legal and safe and it is there for women to choose for themselves, not you or me or anyone else to decide for them. Access to abortion has been reduced so much in some states it absolutely prevents women from seeking abortions but if they do find a way it's no one elses business.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
1 minute ago, darkmoonlady said:

And so what if they did? It's legal and safe and it is there for women to choose for themselves, not you or me or anyone else to decide for them. Access to abortion has been reduced so much in some states it absolutely prevents women from seeking abortions but if they do find a way it's no one elses business.

I have never said anything to make you think I do consider it my business. You are literally arguing with yourself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know an awful lot of girls who have had abortions over the years. Apparently, it isn't as difficult or expensive as some people make it out to be. Personal experience and nothing I care to prove or disprove. Some of them only missed a half day at school.

I was never able to afford one. I could barely get birth control other than condoms at times. You and your friends must all be wealthy.

I think your condemnation of women getting too many and using them as birth control is rather judgemental. It really doesn't matter and it's no one's business how many any other woman has. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
2 minutes ago, Princess Bride said:

I was never able to afford one. I could barely get birth control other than condoms at times. You and your friends must all be wealthy.

I think your condemnation of women getting too many and using them as birth control is rather judgemental. It really doesn't matter and it's no one's business how many any other woman has. 

I paid for an abortion when I was 15.  I can't imagine where I would be if I didn't.  Society certainly benefited from it.  I would have definitely been on welfare and food stamps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

*snip*

No, it should be decided by the woman considering having one and her medical providers, her sexual partner if she desires. It's the most personal decision a woman can make and the state needs to butt out.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
removed moderated content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
2 minutes ago, Princess Bride said:

I was never able to afford one. I could barely get birth control other than condoms at times. You and your friends must all be wealthy.

I think your condemnation of women getting too many and using them as birth control is rather judgemental. It really doesn't matter and it's no one's business how many any other woman has. 

No...I moved away from home the week I turned 17 with nothing. The local health department gave me free birth control pills until I could take care of it myself. I have a guilty conscience when I kill a mouse. I don't think I could have had an abortion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

I paid for an abortion when I was 15.  I can't imagine where I would be if I didn't.  Society certainly benefited from it.  I would have definitely been on welfare and food stamps.

Nope! It's always been out of reach for me. My family didn't even have running water so consider that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
Just now, Michelle said:

No...I moved away from home the week I turned 17 with nothing. The local health department gave me free birth control pills until I could take care of it myself. I have a guilty conscience when I kill a mouse. I don't think I could have had an abortion.

Then you aren't really pro-choice as you just claimed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

ok there is 75 % of people that support pro life will take over some day . 

Does that include the likes of Warren Jeffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Princess Bride said:

Then you aren't really pro-choice as you just claimed.

I'm pro-choice for other women. I never said I could stomach having one. I made sure I didn't have to make that choice.

Edited by Michelle
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
Just now, Princess Bride said:

Nope! It's always been out of reach for me. My family didn't even have running water so consider that.

Whoa, I didn't mean it like that.  I'm am 100% pro choice.  I did pay for one, but I was lucky enough to be working at Wal-Mart and living at home.  Cost me a months pay.  Of course that's not the norm.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
16 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

And so what if they did? It's legal and safe and it is there for women to choose for themselves, not you or me or anyone else to decide for them. Access to abortion has been reduced so much in some states it absolutely prevents women from seeking abortions but if they do find a way it's no one elses business.

When I was young my state didn't have any clinic and I would have had to travel hundreds of miles for one. Then there was a waiting period and for some reason, (heartbeats and ultrasounds maybe?) they were super expensive there when it all totaled up. I tried getting one and it would have cost over $2,000 and I just didn't have it. I thought about using a coat hanger and this was in the 80s.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm pro-choice for other women. I never said I could stomach having one. I made sure I didn't have to make that choice.

No, you wouldn't be judgy on other women if you were pro-choice.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Bride
7 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Whoa, I didn't mean it like that.  I'm am 100% pro choice.  I did pay for one, but I was lucky enough to be working at Wal-Mart and living at home.  Cost me a months pay.  Of course that's not the norm.  

Sorry didn't mean to come across the wrong way. I think my point was more for other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
Just now, Princess Bride said:

No, you wouldn't be judgy on other women if you were pro-choice.

I have seen friends grieve every year, for more than twenty years, on what would have been their aborted child's birthday. You are the one judging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.