Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alabama abortion ban: Republican senate

ExpandMyMind

16 hours ago, Princess Bride said:

Conversely, I know lots of women that had abortions and not one of them grieves. They all feel relief and are thankful for the opportunities it gave them. If you were indoctrinated to feel guilty then you're going to feel guilty. If you internalized toxic ideas then guilt ensues. Honestly, feeling guilty about something like that is just crazy.

I don't know one woman who had an abortion that doesn't grieve. I think it's horrifyingly sad that you know even one. Even the ones who felt it was necessary at the time feel the loss and guilt for having killed their child. It should be something you never get over...oh, I think there are those who will never admit the feelings publicly and those who are in complete denial but many women require therapy to get over such a dramatic decision.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, and then said:

the state of New York basically legalized infanticide? 

Shockingly, I'm still waiting on that source... 

15 hours ago, Summerin1905 said:

Pro Abortion or Pro Life is quite a misnomer it's really more like Pro Choice Or Anti Choice

Exactly, there are a myriad of choices a man or a woman can made before having unprotected sex, to avoid pregnancy, that negates having to make the decision to murder their baby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

There he is, I wondered where this Tatetopa went. If this is what you see, you need to open your eyes or expand your circle sir. Conservatives run or staff many of the children's charities you refer to, the church has taken in many mothers and children in dire circumstance for generations. Many do so quietly, without fanfare, appreciation, or media coverage. I appreciate your passion, but it often goes a step too far into inaccurate pontification.

Well good.  Thanks.  It does get a good response, so maybe it just goes far enough.

• Like 1

Just now, skliss said:

Exactly, there are a myriad of choices a man or a woman can made before having unprotected sex, to avoid pregnancy, that negates having to make the decision to murder their baby.

and even if a girl gets knocked up unexpectedly, there is still time to take a pill after missed period, and first positive test,  it s not next day pill, it is chemical abortion, that does not fall under the ban 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

no. they didn't.

The numbers come from page 14 of the IPPF Annual Performance Report from 2015. Do you translate the data differently than they are laid out in the report? 

14 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

The numbers come from page 14 of the IPPF Annual Performance Report from 2015. Do you translate the data differently than they are laid out in the report? 

I disagree with the wording of the statement. But I will gladly retract my statement and issue an apology if you can show me in the report where it says "Killed BABIES".

Edited by Robotic Jew

4 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I disagree with the wording of the statement. But I will gladly retract my statement and issue an apology if you can show me in the report where it says "Killed BABIES".

No problem, if particular wording gives you comfort in the ending of almost a million lives in the womb, I'm glad you can find comfort in that. People can anesthetize their brains and accept fetus over unborn baby to assuage their guilt, but the reality is, after eight weeks, it's an unborn baby. So PP killed 964,325 unborn babies. 

5 hours ago, aztek said:

well technically they are not babies until born, so ended lives of potential babies would be a better wording

I get the semantics to appease RJ, but no one ever says they're expecting a potential baby.  From the moment they become aware that they're pregnant, women and the men who love them tell their family and friends they're having a baby.  So to be consistent, if the pregnancy is terminated, it would have to be a baby that was killed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Michelle said:

I never said any such thing. I will not have a conversation with someone who can't understand plain English. Good day...

I'm positive I understood you and so are you.

16 hours ago, skliss said:

These laws have no exceptions for rape or incest. I'm not sure what choices an 11-year-old incest or rape victim could make to avoid getting pregnant. Although such a situation is rare, it's sickening contemplating blaming such an innocent victim. God! That's just sick!

Also, don't think they are just going to stop at abortion. They're going to go after all the effective birth control under the pseudoscientific guise they cause abortions. By the way, some of those claims are just plain crazy. Nonetheless, they are planning to make it near impossible for women to avoid pregnancy. Women will just be men's property once again. 

I'm summarizing my position. I don't think you can call yourself pro-choice if you condemn women for getting too many and using them as birth control. It really doesn't matter and it's no one's business how many any other woman has if it's just a personal decision. Now, if you think there is something wrong with having one and you keep arguing against abortion while protesting then maybe you should consider what side you are really on. Maybe you are in fact anti-choice. It's about introspection and being honest with yourself and the world around you. We are all guilty of this over different things. It's how it is.

Now if you are condemning women for having abortions, sex, using birth control, having careers, and not grieving the imaginary children they never had to your satisfaction while taking an anti-choice stance then there really isn't anything to discuss because that is what anti-choicers do. Nothing I'm going to say on the internet will change your mind. 

I`m female and seen going through the sexual revolution in the 60`s and 70`s . Women were so happy when got the first birth control pills. but the nazi feminists went down on marriage and motherhood,  starting the horrific abortion laws, against the law do not kill. I am glad of Alabama abortion ban and hope abortions  gets banned in the whole country.        

7 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

I read all the way through, two other articles too. Tragic for Zoe and Dina for sure! But using the story later for activism, Dina should clean up some of the inconsistencies in the story. Does more harm than good to relay information that makes the reader question authenticity or motive.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, docyabut2 said:

Abortions are sad that Doctors have to kill lives, when their job is to save lives , and the nurses had to care for the babies until they die.  It should only be a choice for a women if its affects her health. It should  never be used just for birth control :( 

Sad unless it's by lethal injection.

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I`m female and seen going through the sexual revolution in the 60`s and 70`s . Women were so happy when got the first birth control pills. but the nazi feminists went down on marriage and motherhood,  starting the horrific abortion laws, against the law do not kill. I am glad of Alabama abortion ban and hope abortions  gets banned in the whole country.        

Do you pro-life hypocrites consider destroying IVF embryos as murder too?

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

False equivalence, by 10000 miles. How you compare the punishment of folks like Gacy, Bundy and McVeigh to the choice to kill an innocent life in the womb as remotely similar takes a special kind of thought process.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

seriously?? you believe this bull crap???  you are either shilling here, or completely out of wack.

I would not find out until eight months later that I was pregnant as a result of the assault.

she could not do abortion at 8 month?? thanks god.seems like the law is needed.

Edited by aztek

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

if that is comparable, then it would be just as correct to  equate transgender with pedophiles

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Do you pro-life hypocrites consider destroying IVF embryos as murder too?

its seems to be only when life starts in a body:)

I`m also upset, when the feminists Nazi `s forced their young daughters to have abortions.I know one young girl in the 70`s  that her mom  a feminist Nazi made her have two abortions with a one boy, before she was allowed to marry him, then later they were allowed to be married and they had two children.   I felt that  baby kicking in her stomach  and her Nazi mom took her to another state that abortion was first passed. Its sad even the boy said gee they are killing my kids.:( and that girl became so cold to her children :(

and glad  gov kay  a women is trying to teach women ,   every life is precious ! and the value of a life:) 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/05/15/alabama-gov-kay-ivey-signs-nations-strictest-abortion-bill/23727061/

I`m all for banning  abortions when kids are killing kids in the schools so massage , bring back a prayer and the ten commandants,  do not kill to kids  We`ve  got to stop  kids knowing they could have been killed in abortions:(  

Edited by docyabut2

What is so wrong about putting funds into fixing our broken adoption system? 

• The topic was locked