Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US apparently readying for Iran attack

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Iran is a Shiite country and they have always had an interest in Iraq due to its large Shiite population. They have been active inside of Iraq trying to destabilise it since we went in. I wonder how many US/UK/NATO troops lost their legs directly because of Iran? I wonder how many have come back in body bags?

Probably a lot. Equally, how many Iranian backed Iraqis didn't come home because they opposed us occupying their country in a war that was never justified? 

Another, and most compelling reason we should not follow the US into another unnecessary war. 

Your sympathetic views towards them are deeply worrying and I hope if war erupts you are monitored. 

Your support of Iran is deeply concerning to me.

Honestly, this comment is far more worrying to me than anything he has said. We don't judge people as the enemy just for having an alternative view. 

• Like 1

Hmm.. can anyone give me a single example of a "Western" intervention in the Middle East and North Africa that has ended well ? Iraq is an unstable mess, Libya is in a state of anarchy. We have only just kicked ISIS out of Syria after 'helping' the rebels. The only successful operation I can think of was the USA helping the PLO to evacuate its forces from Lebanon and to flee to Algeria, and even THEN I'd hardly call Lebanon a beacon of stability and joy.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If we setup their oil industry investing billions for a set share and then their coup Government nationalises it, we obviously arent going to be happy about it. Our investors poured in billions and got stung. This is why we had a falling out and why we have been enemies ever since.

So, basically, you say that they stole your money? :)

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. can anyone give me a single example of a "Western" intervention in the Middle East and North Africa that has ended well ? Iraq is an unstable mess, Libya is in a state of anarchy. We have only just kicked ISIS out of Syria after 'helping' the rebels. The only successful operation I can think of was the USA helping the PLO to evacuate its forces from Lebanon and to flee to Algeria, and even THEN I'd hardly call Lebanon a beacon of stability and joy.

Israel was also created thanks to Western in(ter)vention. Are you suggesting the creation of Israel was also an unsuccessful event? 

To all...

The U.S. strike-force already now in place is a "deterrent"

We have no wish to harm the great people's of Iran.

However, if the regime of Iran gets aggressive we are now ready to respond with devastating surgical strikes.

We have no issue with the fine populace of Iran... just their b****** leaders.

This is a "posture", not war.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Edited by pallidin

21 minutes ago, pallidin said:

To all...

The U.S. strike-force already now in place is a "deterrent"

We have no wish to harm the great people's of Iran.

However, if the regime of Iran gets aggressive we are now ready to respond with devastating surgical strikes.

We have no issue with the fine populace of Iran... just their b****** leaders.

This is a "posture", not war.

Amusing how Trump say's thing's like "we don't want war with Iran" while moving U.S. forces within range of its missiles and planes. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Amusing how Trump say's thing's like "we don't want war with Iran" while moving U.S. forces within range of its missiles and planes. 

Yeah, if you know me I'm not a Trump fan, but I feel this presence is necessary.

Just my opinion, of course.

21 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Hey, Black Red Devil, do you take issue with what I said?

So in your mind sending warships with nuclear warheads off the coast of Iran, millions of miles away from the US, isn't aggressive? How would you react if Russians or Chinese had nuclear warheads pointed at the US sitting in the Gulf of Mexico?

The US is protecting its interests is it?  Their interests are the oil pipelines in Saudi Arabia which were bombed by the Houthis.  A war between the Houthis in Yemen and Saudi Arabia and guess what, 17 million people in Yemen are suffering because of the aggressive attacks in Yemen by the Saudi's.  It's a humanitarian tragedy, caused by Saudi Arabia and the US is threatening to attack Iran because they support the Houthis for retaliating?  LMFAO, are you totally brainwashed?

Their leaders might be fanatical religious ******* but they haven't attacked any other nation.  The US on the other hand........

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Yeah, if you know me I'm not a Trump fan, but I feel this presence is necessary.

Just my opinion, of course.

I really don't have an opinion either way. Guess it should have been expected when he placed an embargo on Iranian oil and the presence of Iranian soldiers in Syria. He wants to make a deal and its the stick before the carrot approach. Why do you think its necessary? 

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

I really don't have an opinion either way. Guess it should have been expected when he placed an embargo on Iranian oil and the presence of Iranian soldiers in Syria. He wants to make a deal and its the stick before the carrot approach. Why do you think its necessary? 

The regime of Iran is terroristic on a hard level. They openly admit it.

This position from them is simply unacceptable from a "world community standpoint"

They are getting more-and-more dangerous and aggressive, and refuse to stop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

In truth, I don't even think Trump wants a war.  It would cost too much money.  It's those Congress warmongers Bolton and Pompeo the ones pushing for it.  In the end I doubt that he will allow his troops to engage (unless they're attacked) just because Bolton says so.  He never listens to any of his advisors so I doubt he'll start now.

• Like 1

Just now, pallidin said:

This position from them is simply unacceptable from a "world community standpoint"

Yeah okay i can see that. Iran does fund terror. But what about the other terrorist supporting nations in the Middle East? Saudi Arabia and Turkey have funded the most barbaric terror groups from North Africa and the Middle East. What should Trump do about them? 

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah okay i can see that. Iran does fund terror. But what about the other terrorist supporting nations in the Middle East? Saudi Arabia and Turkey have funded the most barbaric terror groups from North Africa and the Middle East. What should Trump do about them? 

Yeah, this is a difficult problem, for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

In truth, I don't even think Trump wants a war.  It would cost too much money.  It's those Congress warmongers Bolton and Pompeo the ones pushing for it.  In the end I doubt that he will allow his troops to engage (unless they're attacked) just because Bolton says so.  He never listens to any of his advisors so I doubt he'll start now.

Like i said earlier, I don't know whats going on or the reasons in why this is so important now. Maybe you're right. Trump is being pushed. Trump did make similar threats against North Korea and in the end got on famously with 'Little rocket man' so maybe he justs wants to try his hand making another deal. 

6 minutes ago, pallidin said:

And the Gulf States, including Saudi Arabia were 'donating' funds to ISIS?  Was that acceptable?  If not, why isn't the US threatening them for being terrorists?

You know, Cap, I don't know a reasonable answer to this.

"Posturing" with strong military presence seems a good first step... since diplomacy goes nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

And the Gulf States, including Saudi Arabia were 'donating' funds to ISIS?  Was that acceptable?  If not, why isn't the US threatening them for being terrorists?

Yeah, that's a bad problem too.

2 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

So, basically, you say that they stole your money? :)

Yes lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Like i said earlier, I don't know whats going on or the reasons in why this is so important now. Maybe you're right. Trump is being pushed. Trump did make similar threats against North Korea and in the end got on famously with 'Little rocket man' so maybe he justs wants to try his hand making another deal. 

It's obvious the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel have common interests in undermining Iran.  It could be because Iran started recently trading with the Europeans again and selling oil to the Chinese and Russians that now they're trying the false flag option to get world leverage to sanction their economy.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

I think one thing needs to be made clear...

If the U.S. does decide to strike Iran, it will be exclusive to surgical cruise missile attacks on military and government targets.

We have no desire to harm Iran's civilian populace. The general populace of Iran are great, peaceful peoples. I would sit down and have dinner with them any day.

Our strike forces already in place are extremely formidable; without question the best in the entire world.

The radical regime of Iran needs to "stand-down", or face certain and serious consequence.

Just now, pallidin said:

If the U.S. does decide to strike Iran, it will be exclusive to surgical cruise missile attacks on military and government targets.

We have no desire to harm Iran's civilian populace. The general populace of Iran are great, peaceful peoples. I would sit down and have dinner with them any day.

Our strike forces already in place are extremely formidable; without question the best in the entire world.

The radical regime of Iran needs to "stand-down", or face certain and serious consequence.

While you are at it send some of those surgical op's to Paris and assist Yellow vests. Iranian regime has more support from Iranian people than Macron has from people in France :)

Someone sent this to me...

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Oh that's OK.  I'm sure Iranians will be pleased and impressed to see US bombs wiz across their heads and hit their cities and buildings.  :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Israel was also created thanks to Western in(ter)vention. Are you suggesting the creation of Israel was also an unsuccessful event? 

Oh gosh, yes. I'd forgotten all about that. How the US Marines landed from the Kittyhawk and seized the territory. 

Oh wait... no, they didn't. The Jews simply got together and declared the State of Israel into being. Fancy me forgetting that !