Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US apparently readying for Iran attack

ExpandMyMind

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

If the U.S. does decide to strike Iran, it will be exclusive to surgical cruise missile attacks on military and government targets.

Oh that's OK.  I'm sure Iranians will be pleased and impressed to see US bombs wiz across their heads and hit their cities and buildings.  :P

Uh, military and government installations... get it straight.

We have no desire to harm civilians.

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

I do !

I want my money back !!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

C'mon, it's not like your Govt hasn't been a tad negligent before.  You know, those million deaths in Iraq....based on a false pretense....invasion, occupation.....  Even if you killed a few thousand Iranian civilians, what's the big deal?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

C'mon, it's not like your Govt hasn't been a tad negligent before.  You know, those million deaths in Iraq....based on a false pretense....invasion, occupation.....  Even if you killed a few thousand Iranian civilians, what's the big deal?

Thus the intelligent use of... you got it... cruise missles.

"Carpet-bombing" has so much collateral damage.

20 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh gosh, yes. I'd forgotten all about that. How the US Marines landed from the Kittyhawk and seized the territory. 

Oh wait... no, they didn't. The Jews simply got together and declared the State of Israel into being. Fancy me forgetting that ! 

Wow, they did it ll on their own?  Those couple of thousand souls amidst the millions of Arabs.  Heroic.

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

So in your mind sending warships with nuclear warheads off the coast of Iran, millions of miles away from the US, isn't aggressive? How would you react if Russians or Chinese had nuclear warheads pointed at the US sitting in the Gulf of Mexico?

'Zactly.   But Americans don't see it that way.

Hey Yanks... We're over THERE. They are not over here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Riight, Cruise missiles.  What happens when a few get shot down by Iranian antimissile projectiles and land on houses etc. or even better, when Iran starts firing back at the ships launching the missiles?  Collateral damage?

And the Gulf States, including Saudi Arabia were 'donating' funds to ISIS?  Was that acceptable?  If not, why isn't the US threatening them for being terrorists?

This has to sting <grin>. Should I add the 9.11 bombers of NYC were Saudis?    Of course it shows quite nicely that $$$ RuLeZ.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Very true, @pallidin. It would cause significant economic damage. 

After all, Carpets are a major export for Iran ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Riight, Cruise missiles.  What happens when a few get shot down by Iranian antimissile projectiles and land on houses etc. or even better, when Iran starts firing back at the ships launching the missiles?  Collateral damage?

LOL... what "antimissile projectiles" would THAT be, @Black Red Devil ? The Iranians have a handful of S300 batteries. The 5th fleet, on the other hand, can launch HUNDREDS of Tomahawk cruise missiles. Oh... and their Wild Weasels would destroy the S300 batteries the minute that the latter fired up their radars. 

As for launching back at US ships.. well.. the US ships DO have "antimissiles projectiles", in the form of the Standard Mk2 missile. 

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

This has to sting <grin>.  Of course it shows quite nicely that $$$ RuLeZ.

The politics are understandable.  After all, we live in a Capitalist dominated world.  It's when Govts deceive people into fighting wars and innocent people die that isn't acceptable.

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

LOL... what "antimissile projectiles" would THAT be, @Black Red Devil ? The Iranians have a handful of S300 batteries. The 5th fleet, on the other hand, can launch HUNDREDS of Tomahawk cruise missiles. Oh... and their Wild Weasels would destroy the S300 batteries the minute that the latter fired up their radars. 

As for launching back at US ships.. well.. the US ships DO have "antimissiles projectiles", in the form of the Standard Mk2 missile. 

Sure, the US has superior technology but Iran does have quite a few Chinese anti ship missiles, F14's, MIG'S and Mirage's.   The Soviets lost the war n Afghanistan and the US lost in Vietnam.  You make it sound like the 5th fleet would have a picnic while they're bombing away. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Not one single evidence was provided of Iranian misconduct in the region or about their respect towards JCPOA about nuclear energy.

They're responsible for deaths of U.S. soldiers and civilians all over the region.  No one really CARES if shills are satisfied with "evidence" that is presented.  They can rein in their aggression or they and their military can get al BROKE UP BUSTED... their choice - for now.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Sure, the US has superior technology but Iran does have quite a few Chinese anti ship missiles, F14's, MIG'S and Mirage's.   The Soviets lost the war n Afghanistan and the US lost in Vietnam.  You make it sound like the 5th fleet would have a picnic while they're bombing away. 

War is not without risks and I'm sure the kings of asymmetric warfare will have a few surprises but their logistics, command and control nodes, hardware and infrastructure will be savaged in hours.  Any concentrations of IRGC or troops will be DERACINATED... Their "airforce" will stay grounded or will, quite simply be killed in the first hours.  You can hate the U.S. and or its military but you cannot sanely imagine that Iran will have a snowball's chance in hell of standing against it.  After air superiority is established, it will just be a matter of hunting a diminishing set of targets.  Not exactly a picnic, a Turkey shoot is a more apt description. The mullahs will lose a huge portion of the very guards they depend on to protect their regime's power.  There will be no real winners in such a war but Iran will be devastated.  If they lash out by activating cell structures inside America or Europe and kill hundreds or thousands here it will only make us more determined to END that regime.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Iran is great nation, so is every other nation. Name me one man who doesn't feel the same.

They don't all use terror and murder to advance their ideals though.  The mullahs have snakes in their heads and the world is all full up with crazy just now, we really don't need any more for awhile.

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Amusing how Trump say's thing's like "we don't want war with Iran" while moving U.S. forces within range of its missiles and planes. 

Not so amusing how people choose to regard any information coming from Iran as truth while denying any information from the U.S.  And we should give a damn what the world thinks, why, exactly?  The mullahs are in control of this situation.  Their choice.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. can anyone give me a single example of a "Western" intervention in the Middle East and North Africa that has ended well ? Iraq is an unstable mess, Libya is in a state of anarchy. We have only just kicked ISIS out of Syria after 'helping' the rebels. The only successful operation I can think of was the USA helping the PLO to evacuate its forces from Lebanon and to flee to Algeria, and even THEN I'd hardly call Lebanon a beacon of stability and joy.

These events don't happen in a vacuum and those who initiate them don't have the gift of hindsight.  Striking Iran precipitously would be a HUGE mistake.  Squirming in indecision and wringing hands while allowing them to field a nuke would lead to a global war on their timing.  This isn't a hard call at all.  No one is threatening them, just their plans for the region.  Their choice.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Should I add the 9.11 bombers of NYC were Saudis?

Feel free, it comes up in every discussion since that day.  I'm curious, is the logic there supposed to follow that it was the government of S.A. that planned the attack?  Couldn't have just been the nutters who have little Muhammad shaped snakes in their heads?  You can find that variety all over the planet, ya know?  I guess it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as the guys who strike our enemies know where to aim.

Well, the MIG's, Mirages and F14's would have VERY little chance of even getting within 100 miles of the 5th Fleet. They would be absolutely slaughtered. 

Chinese C-802 "Silkworm" anti-ship cruise missiles COULD be a problem. However, you would expect a US warship to be able to defeat such a missile. They did back in the Gulf War, and also in operations around Yemen. Heck... an ageing Type-42 Royal Navy destroyer (HMS Gloucester) shot down a C-802 using Sea Dart back in the Iraq war.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. can anyone give me a single example of a "Western" intervention in the Middle East and North Africa that has ended well ? Iraq is an unstable mess, Libya is in a state of anarchy. We have only just kicked ISIS out of Syria after 'helping' the rebels. The only successful operation I can think of was the USA helping the PLO to evacuate its forces from Lebanon and to flee to Algeria, and even THEN I'd hardly call Lebanon a beacon of stability and joy.

Exactly. But as blackadder says 'doing exactly what we've done 17 times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect this time!' 

4 hours ago, pallidin said:

To all...

The U.S. strike-force already now in place is a "deterrent"

We have no wish to harm the great people's of Iran.

However, if the regime of Iran gets aggressive we are now ready to respond with devastating surgical strikes.

We have no issue with the fine populace of Iran... just their b****** leaders.

This is a "posture", not war.

You could switch US and Iran all the way through this and it would be just the same. 

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

I think one thing needs to be made clear...

If the U.S. does decide to strike Iran, it will be exclusive to surgical cruise missile attacks on military and government targets.

We have no desire to harm Iran's civilian populace. The general populace of Iran are great, peaceful peoples. I would sit down and have dinner with them any day.

Our strike forces already in place are extremely formidable; without question the best in the entire world.

The radical regime of Iran needs to "stand-down", or face certain and serious consequence.

Why should they stand down? They're doing exactly what you're doing. At least they're doing it at home. 

1 hour ago, and then said:

They're responsible for deaths of U.S. soldiers and civilians all over the region.  

Again, switch US for Iran, same statement applies. 

1 hour ago, and then said:

There will be no real winners in such a war

So why have it? Iran doesn't want it, most of the US doesn't want it and it benefits no one. How about just bit doing it? 

If they lash out by activating cell structures inside America or Europe and kill hundreds or thousands here it will only make us more determined to END that regime.  

So you're willing to put hundreds or thousands of your own civilians at risk for a war that benefits no one. Why? 

And you can **** off exposing our civilians to the same with your war mongering. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

They don't all use terror and murder to advance their ideals though.  The mullahs have snakes in their heads and the world is all full up with crazy just now, we really don't need any more for awhile.

Said the :innocent: American supporting people like Pompeo, Bolton, Trump; continuing thesame policy of wholesale terror, mayhem, mass murder - known as wars of agression under false pretences, deceit - throughout the Middle East.. destroying nation after nation while passionately supporting Saudi Arabia. Give me a break.

2 hours ago, and then said:

Not so amusing how people choose to regard any information coming from Iran as truth while denying any information from the U.S.  And we should give a damn what the world thinks, why, exactly?  The mullahs are in control of this situation.  Their choice.

Yeah, thats what you get for deceiving the world on a regular basis, arrogantly expecting everyone to swallow the slanted BS coming from your criminal regime.. Maybe the US should declare anyone who doesnt agree with them 'a terrorist organisation'. Would love to see how that pans out..

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

With Trump President, there won't be any new wars; there's no profit in it. The only wars this administration is involved in is mopping up the messes left by the previous administration. If Bolton becomes a liability, he'll be fired, no ands ifs or buts about it. The military has taken appropriate precautions in regards to asymmetric warfare waged through proxy groups. Air and fleet deployment is consistent with precautionary thwart and denial policies. Ships carrying cargo in contravention of international law are subject to boarding and seizure. The fleet will exercise the right to do so under international law. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

With Trump President, there won't be any new wars; there's no profit in it.

I hope you're right. My understanding is that Trump doesn't want a war. My worry is that the likes of Bolton will be quite happy to feed him a distorted picture to make him think war is the only option. 

Ships carrying cargo in contravention of international law are subject to boarding and seizure. The fleet will exercise the right to do so under international law. 

Curious - what cargo do you think they are carrying? US sanctions are not international law. 

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

When strayed, modern cruise missiles auto-disarm.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Setton said:

...US sanctions are not international law. 

But they ARE recognized restrictions of trade via U.N. charter if the sanctioning nation is a member of the U.N. Security Council, of which the United States is.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2