Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US apparently readying for Iran attack

ExpandMyMind

12 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

He's a neocon, pushing for wars, don't be gullible pallidin.  Thousands of American kids would die because of some proxy war if he had his way.

I am not gullible to anything.

I am a dolphin/honey badger hybrid, afraid of no-one, yet gentle to most.

Your claim against Bolton is for some reason without source-justification.

Feel free to extend your comment to include your reasoning.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I am not gullible to anything.

I am a dolphin/honey badger hybrid, afraid of no-one, yet gentle to most.

Your claim against Bolton is for some reason without source-justification.

Feel free to extend your comment to include your reasoning.

Feel free to believe whatever you want then.

Honey..hybrid what? :blink:

Feel free to believe whatever you want then.

Honey..hybrid what? :blink:

It's rather rude to say "believe whatever you want" when I give you an open opportunity to extend your comment.

As far as "honey badger", look it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Have you got proof, not opinions, proof?

Why should he be bothered with it when you aren't?  FTM, do you have "proof" it's a false flag attempt?  Didn't think so, just a twisted worldview that you expect everyone to agree with because it's YOUR'S  :w00t:

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

hewy do not seem like a modern society.  A clever and dangerous one none the less.

Oh, I completely agree that they not only aren't modern, they're damned near Medieval.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Under Trump it isn't.  His Administration is full of belligerent Neocons.

America has ceased to be a liberal democracy ? 

REALLY ? 

I don't THINK so, somehow. Your TDS is starting to show :D 

10 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

The rocket attack hardly hit anything and nobody is claiming responsibility.  It smells of a false flag from a million miles away.  Does anyone truly trust the likes of Netanyahu, Pompeo and Bolton LOL?

Hmm... you're suggesting that the Americans arranged a rocket attack near their own embassy in Iraq, in order to.... 

..well... in order to  do WHAT ? 

(Oh, and when I say "near", it was about a mile away. It was closer to the Iraqi parliament building than it was to the US embassy. )

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

America has ceased to be a liberal democracy ? 

REALLY ? 

I don't THINK so, somehow. Your TDS is starting to show :D 

Hmm... you're suggesting that the Americans arranged a rocket attack near their own embassy in Iraq, in order to.... 

..well... in order to  do WHAT ? 

(Oh, and when I say "near", it was about a mile away. It was closer to the Iraqi parliament building than it was to the US embassy. )

So it wasn't an attack on America then?

Gawd, UM has deteriorated lately.  Honey Budgies mixed with dolphins, psychos who want to destroy the planet, religious loonies...

20 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

So it wasn't an attack on America then?

Hmm.. good question. Ultimately, I don't know.

The rocket MIGHT have been targeted at the US embassy. But equally, it might have been aimed at the Iraqi parliament ? I gather it was equidistant between the two ? Or the Australian High Commission ? Or the Egyptian Embassy ? 

Crazy place with crazy people. (and THAT is just the Australian High Commission). 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. good question. Ultimately, I don't know.

The rocket MIGHT have been targeted at the US embassy. But equally, it might have been aimed at the Iraqi parliament ? I gather it was equidistant between the two ? Or the Australian High Commission ? Or the Egyptian Embassy ? 

Crazy place with crazy people. (and THAT is just the Australian High Commission). 

It's not a Crazy place.  It must be a Liberal Democracy Roofy style.

It's not a Crazy place.  It must be a Liberal Democracy Roofy style.

Ha !

You know, the report seems somewhat vague. When the Pali's send rockets into Israel, the Israeli forensic service can tell you the amount of explosive in the rocket, the size of it, and the first names and sirnames of the person who fired the rocket, along with those of his families, the people he met in a pub the previous Tuesday, and the names of all of his pet fish. 

But with THIS rocket there appears to be VERY little information. 

I find this suspicious. 

Edited by RoofGardener

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Ha !

You know, the report seems somewhat vague. When the Pali's send rockets into Israel, the Israeli forensic service can tell you the amount of explosive in the rocket, the size of it, and the first names and sirnames of the person who fired the rocket, along with those of his families, the people he met in a pub the previous Tuesday, and the names of all of his pet fish. 

But with THIS rocket there appears to be VERY little information. 

I find this suspicious. 

There's a good reason the Jews are the chosen ones you know.

The rocket?! For all we know it could have been Palladan the honey bludger, one of Rouhani's bucket list wishes or Bolton dropping a clanger from under his mustache.  I choose the third.

There's a good reason the Jews are the chosen ones you know.

The rocket?! For all we know it could have been Palladan the honey bludger, one of Rouhani's bucket list wishes or Bolton dropping a clanger from under his mustache.  I choose the third.

Well, you could be right ! it's Iraq... who KNOWS what is going on. 

However, if this WAS a "false flag" against the Iranians, you'd think they'd leave more obvious clues as to the "origins" of the rocket ? You know.... Persian writing on the side, threads of carpet in the nacelles... a lingering scent of Saffron on the guidance vanes..... that sort of thing. 

On May 19, 2019 at 9:07 PM, and then said:

The rumblings seem to be continuing :(  Some Nimrod fired a rocket just short of our Embassy compound in Iraq.  I think a single death could cause some nastiness and that'd be a shame but apparently, the Shia Granddaddies are stuck-on- stupid these days.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-war-iran-never-threaten-united-states 

....call me paranoid and irrational if ya want....but this "act" makes me extremely suspicious.   It "fell" short.   No one was killed but it was was a very flame fanning act!     Who wants war?    And if anybody does...WHY?

remember the Alamo.

1 hour ago, lightly said:

....call me paranoid and irrational if ya want....but this "act" makes me extremely suspicious.   It "fell" short.   No one was killed but it was was a very flame fanning act!     Who wants war?    And if anybody does...WHY?

remember the Alamo.

If this act occured as an isolated event you might have a point but this is just one of multiple events that have occured within a relatively short period of time.  There was the four oil tankers that were attacked by either an underwater drones or very small surface boats, the Saudi Arabia oil pipeline that was attacked by drones, and a recent ballistic missile launch targeting Saudi Arabia.  Over the past week Iranian proxies have been escalating attacks on various targets and this attack does fit the pattern.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

, the Saudi Arabia oil pipeline that was attacked by drones, and a recent ballistic missile launch targeting Saudi Arabia.  

In fairness, weren't those both the Houthis? Who Saudi Arabia are quite determined to wipe out. Probably don't need Iran’s encouragement to retaliate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Over the past week Iranian proxies have been escalating attacks on various targets and this attack does fit the pattern.  

Flat out blaming Iran for the acts of the proxies is somewhat akin to blaming Saudi Arabia for 911.  Iran does not want war but they cannot always control the actions of the Houthi rebels

1 hour ago, Setton said:

In fairness, weren't those both the Houthis? Who Saudi Arabia are quite determined to wipe out. Probably don't need Iran’s encouragement to retaliate. 

They dont need Iran's encouragement but the drones and almost certainly the ballistics missile were supplied by Iran, as for the four oil tankers the damage seems to be consistent with Iranian weapon systems sent to the Houthis but it hasnt been determined yet if they were behind it or Iran.  Iran knows that giving these weapon systems to the Houthis will result in escalated attacks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Flat out blaming Iran for the acts of the proxies is somewhat akin to blaming Saudi Arabia for 911.  Iran does not want war but they cannot always control the actions of the Houthi rebels

The various proxy groups Iran has armed, trained, and at times provides command for.  The IRGC has a lot of sway and influence in how these proxy groups operate and that is one of the fundamental dangers of using proxy groups, you cant always control what they do but there is a risk of getting blamed for it.  

As for comparing what Iran is doing to blaming Saudi Arabia and 9/11 is a drastically different situation.  Certain elements of the Saudi royalty and rich citizens provide funding for various Islamic extremists groups but the Iranian government through the IRGC directly interacts with the proxy groups.

Iran almost certainly doesnt want a war but war very well might be unavoidable at this point.  Neither Iran or Trump seem interested in backing down and sooner or later something is going to give

• Like 2

What a remarkable discussion!

Seriously, as I re-read both current and past posts, the discussion in large part seems to me to be extremely mature.

Carry-on...

Edited by pallidin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

They dont need Iran's encouragement but the drones and almost certainly the ballistics missile were supplied by Iran, as for the four oil tankers the damage seems to be consistent with Iranian weapon systems sent to the Houthis but it hasnt been determined yet if they were behind it or Iran.  Iran knows that giving these weapon systems to the Houthis will result in escalated attacks.

Well... yeah. But how is that any different to any other country? The US gives weapons to the Saudis, which they use on the Houthis. Are the US just as guilty of causing any attacks then? 

The ships and the embassy are the only examples of Iran taking steps to escalate. And it's more likely the embassy was some low level fanatic with a rocket launcher than anyone acting on Iran’s orders. 

The ships are interesting. 

30 minutes ago, pallidin said:

What a remarkable discussion!

Seriously, as I re-read both current and past posts, the discussion in large part seems to me to be extremely mature.

Carry-on...

Definitely a rarity these days. 

Fish face :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Fish face :)

Don't underestimate the honey badger part...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pallidin said:

Don't underestimate the honey badger part...

Fish face fur ball. 

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Fish face fur ball. 

Since you're being an obviously immature and aggressive troll, I shall now smite you with the U-M "ignore" feature.

• Thanks 1