Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US apparently readying for Iran attack

ExpandMyMind

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

What... exactly.. is a Honey Badger ? :unsure2:

An extremely powerful and fearless cousin of the weasel. They are not actually a badger.

Special note: they do tend to avoid humans.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

The Guiness Book of World Records lists the honey badger as the most fearless animal on Earth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lightly said:

And I can explain oil in one other word...Wealth.

People are so easily bought these days and everyone all around is trying to ensure that money flows. Policies are changed, laws are changed and in most cases it's profit which regulates those changes. I don't even know who is bad guy in this world anymore. Who is good guy?

First amendment to Iraqi constitution had to regulate their thousands of years old agriculture sector. Seed banks which had invaluable importance for life on this planet were replaced by modified versions which farmers have to buy every year, since no good seed comes out of modified plants.

As we can see from that, profit surely regulates the law and it's all hidden under ''weapons of mass destruction'', ''violations of human rights'', ''nuclear threat'', ''geopolitical adversaries''... In all cases it's those major players in industry who are getting exclusive deals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whereas "apex-predators" such as lions can kill a honey badger, a lion is hesitant to engage the small animal due to its unmatched ferocity.

If you step slowly away from a honey badger, it will generally leave a human alone.

However, if a human or any animal approaches it aggressively, or passes too close to its den, it will attack with extreme ferocity.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

You're the buffoon that asked me last time the same question followed by accusation of being a liar and it only took the next thread to confirm exactly your disgusting mindset. Dignity and integrity?  LOL, this is your dignity and integrity in the one sentence:

Yet here we are.  There are a lot of maybes and perhaps, ifs, but the reality is that there is no single nation on the planet that can be sure of taking America's military down without grievous losses and potentially catastrophic global effects.  We may be perceived as a "bully" but only by those who simply disagree with our status and our goals in the world.  As soon as China, Russia, India or (insert name) gain a military/strategic advantage, they WILL use it.  That is what power projection is all about.  It was the same when Britannia ruled the waves and when other dynasties held sway.  No news here.  For now, it means that Iran's military leaders will have to keep seething in their near impotence.

The reality in your statement above indicates a sick mind that believes the world must tow the line by following America's interests and whoever dares rebel will face the might of America.  If this leads to a military confrontation America will not go down without catastrophic global effects to the world.

You're a sick psychopath.

Utter rubbish. 

America is the most powerful military force on the planet ... compared to all the others . It is also the most powerful economy on the planet. 

That does not necessarily mean that - for example - it could easily invade Iran. But it IS true that we all have to factor that in to our national interests and plans. Does that mean we have to "tow the line" ? 

Well, yes.. to an extent. Welcome to the REAL world. realpolitik and all that. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

An extremely powerful and fearless cousin of the weasel. They are not actually a badger.

Special note: they do tend to avoid humans.

They avoid humans ? 

Well.. thank goodness for THAT !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

Whereas "apex-predators" such as lions can kill a honey badger, a lion is hesitant to engage the small animal due to its unmatched ferocity.

If you step slowly away from a honey badger, it will generally leave a human alone.

However, if a human or any animal approaches it aggressively, or passes too close to its den, it will attack with extreme ferocity.

Here's my anti-Honey Badger charm - :w00t:

.45.jpg

• Like 1

The rumblings seem to be continuing :(  Some Nimrod fired a rocket just short of our Embassy compound in Iraq.  I think a single death could cause some nastiness and that'd be a shame but apparently, the Shia Granddaddies are stuck-on- stupid these days.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-war-iran-never-threaten-united-states 

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

And I even said it - and things like it - with all due respect.  The point is that we DON'T run roughshod over others all the time, even though we could get by with it in the short-term.  We use pressure where necessary in our national interests just like HIS country has done.  He just has a sincere dislike for American power and pouts about it.  He can get over it or take antacid tablets, whichever he's more comfortable with.  Realpolitik is what it is and the perturbations of his delicate system can't seem to grasp or deal with it.  Great Britain made American power seem tame and warmhearted by comparison, at times in their Colonial past...Oh well...

Saw this just now from a couple of days ago:

Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also downplayed the escalation. Iran's state TV quoted Khamenei on Tuesday as calling negotiations with the U.S. "poison" and saying: "This is not a military confrontation, because no war is going to happen."  

Uncle-daddy Shia magnificence hisownself knows the real score...

If Iran or its proxies make any further beligerant moves, like that recent rocket fire, well, we're ready to send a ummmm.... response.

Our cruise-missile triggers are, shall we say, itching.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Utter rubbish. 

America is the most powerful military force on the planet ... compared to all the others . It is also the most powerful economy on the planet. 

That does not necessarily mean that - for example - it could easily invade Iran. But it IS true that we all have to factor that in to our national interests and plans. Does that mean we have to "tow the line" ? 

Be clear on what you're saying.  Because what HE is saying is whoever disagrees with America and its goals will face military action with possible devastating global effects, if it comes down to it.  I understand he's just a armchair hawk fool saying his piece on a forum to make himself feel important and in the grand scheme of things, whatever he or any of us say count for nothing, but, simply put, it's the mindset of a murderous psychopath which funnily enough, he defends by calling others anti-american when they disagree with his war game fantasies.  As if his sick mind represents all Americans LOL. 

Now, what is utter rubbish?  For calling him a psychopath for wishing the death of thousands, millions, for whoever doesn't tow the line with American politics as he suggests, the fact he didn't mean it that way, or simply because it's your belief American politics does work this way?  If it's the first then you're just another psycho like him.  If it's the second then who are you to defend what he's saying?  If it's the third, then I agree, considering all the Neocon Right wing extremist war mongers populating American Congress which would put it on par with other murderous extremist regimes present and past.  Luckily there are also enough Liberal minded Progressives that keep the savages at bay.

Let's see, 1, 2 or 3.  How about that, it even rhymes.  :yes:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

And I even said it - and things like it - with all due respect.  The point is that we DON'T run roughshod over others all the time, even though we could get by with it in the short-term.  We use pressure where necessary in our national interests just like HIS country has done.  He just has a sincere dislike for American power and pouts about it.  He can get over it or take antacid tablets, whichever he's more comfortable with.  Realpolitik is what it is and the perturbations of his delicate system can't seem to grasp or deal with it.  Great Britain made American power seem tame and warmhearted by comparison, at times in their Colonial past...Oh well...

Really?  What's the latest prophecy bulletin say about Realpolitiks?  

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Be clear on what you're saying.  Because what HE is saying is whoever disagrees with America and its goals will face military action with possible devastating global effects, if it comes down to it.  I understand he's just a armchair hawk fool saying his piece on a forum to make himself feel important and in the grand scheme of things, whatever he or any of us say count for nothing, but, simply put, it's the mindset of a murderous psychopath which funnily enough, he defends by calling others anti-american when they disagree with his war game fantasies.  As if his sick mind represents all Americans LOL. 

Now, what is utter rubbish?  For calling him a psychopath for wishing the death of thousands, millions, for whoever doesn't tow the line with American politics as he suggests, the fact he didn't mean it that way, or simply because it's your belief American politics does work this way?  If it's the first then you're just another psycho like him.  If it's the second then who are you to defend what he's saying?  If it's the third, then I agree, considering all the Neocon Right wing extremist war mongers populating American Congress which would put it on par with other murderous extremist regimes present and past.  Luckily there are also enough Liberal minded Progressives that keep the savages at bay.

Let's see, 1, 2 or 3.  How about that, it even rhymes.  :yes:

Settle down now, BRD.

No one wants war.

But the U.S. will not tolerate continued attacks against Allied interests, and Iran damn sure better realise this.

We are "posturing", like a lion ready to pounce.

21 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Settle down now, BRD.

No one wants war.

But the U.S. will not tolerate continued attacks against Allied interests, and Iran damn sure better realise this.

I AM settled, what makes you think otherwise?  BTW, let's talk serious stuff, have you done your homework on Halliburton and Cheney yet?  I'll need a full report in the morning, Greenwich time.

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

I AM settled, what makes you think otherwise?  BTW, let's talk serious stuff, have you done your homework on Halliburton and Cheney yet?  I'll need a full report in the morning, Greenwich time.

What, exactly, is your point with this past history?

How is it significant TODAY?

What, exactly, is your point with this past history?

How is it significant TODAY?

Nothing and everything.  Depends on how the topic swings.  But most importantly, trying to gauge if you have any clue what you're on about. :P

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

I'm joking Palladin,  Anyway, I'm done here.

All is good.

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

For calling him a psychopath for wishing the death of thousands, millions, for whoever doesn't tow the line with American politics as he suggests, the fact he didn't mean it

Again, you are a liar and you don't even bother to try and defend your offensive slanders.  Do you really believe that most here don't see you for the pathetic hater you are?  If you ARE a man, defend these words.  If not, feel the contempt of decent, non-sulking nationals everywhere.  Jealous fool.

Settle down now, BRD.

No one wants war.

Yes, Trump and his people are guilty of this and it's a little unsettling but for those who aren't perpetually in a mode of "America evil and at fault" as their default position, for THOSE, it might be understood that the intel that's been collected is real and he is sending a clear, stern message to the Mullahs and "Imams" that if they attempt to murder some of our personnel and think they'll do so without consequences, they will be mistaken to a grievous extent.  Khamenei knows the score:

Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also downplayed the escalation. Iran's state TV quoted Khamenei on Tuesday as calling negotiations with the U.S. "poison" and saying: "This is not a military confrontation, because no war is going to happen." 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:59 PM, Tatetopa said:

You might have your answer there.  Sharia law is not implemented in a modern society.

I understand your meaning here but unfortunately, several societies currently attempt its implementation - S.A. amongst them :( Iran tries it on a limited basis (officially) but they have grotesque little religious cops that harass mostly women on a daily basis for their "sinful actions" of not dressing modestly enough or *GASP* dancing!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Grey Area said:

However pretending that the US or the West has some sort of moral entitlement to the invasion of foreign soil is misguided, however necessary it might be to particular interests.

You're preaching to the choir.  In the past few years, my eyes have been pried WIDE OPEN concerning the evil machinations of people in high positions in our government.  That said, are they more dangerous and consistently anti-good order and peaceful coexistence for the majority of nations on the planet or would that distinction go to China, Russia, Iran, S.A., India, or the Norks?  Human governments have a bad habit of being comprised of HUMANS and as a group, politicians are NO DAMNED GOOD.  No matter what cesspool they represent.  I'm saying that when all the governments today are weighed and measured, America tends to be the best of a really bad lot.

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

For calling him a psychopath for wishing the death of thousands, millions, for whoever doesn't tow the line with American politics as he suggests,

Your personal opinion of me doesn't trouble me at all but being called out as a disgraceful LIAR and refusing to cite proof that what you accuse me of is true - with evidence in my own statements, makes you nothing more than a somewhat vicious troll.  And everyone is watching, old son.

• Like 1