Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A question of faith.

XenoFish

13 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Sobering thought to have.

Ha ha ha ha exactly, it does encourage personal reflection. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Interesting  video, thank you for sharing. 

I don't. I'm open to the idea of paranormal stuff, but there isn't enough evidence to make me accept any of it as a true thing. I do think that things should be investigated, and it's worthwhile to examine all the angles of fantastic things, but if I value empiricism too much to "believe" in much of anything at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, XenoFish said:

Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

I guess that would depend upon what you believe is supernatural. 

Anything which occurs in nature is natural; so obviously the term supernatural would infer something which could not possibly occur in the natural world,

In such, the reason a person would believe in the supernatural would be due to the fact that believing is the only process by which someone can consider the possibility of something which can not possibly occur as being true.    Believing is hope without substance, like the evolution of one species into another species.

5 hours ago, 029b10 said:

I guess that would depend upon what you believe is supernatural. 

Anything which occurs in nature is natural; so obviously the term supernatural would infer something which could not possibly occur in the natural world,

In such, the reason a person would believe in the supernatural would be due to the fact that believing is the only process by which someone can consider the possibility of something which can not possibly occur as being true.    Believing is hope without substance, like the evolution of one species into another species.