Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
XenoFish

A question of faith.

106 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sherapy
Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, XenoFish said:

In magick we express our intentions and desires through symbolic rituals, symbol sets, affirmations, and incantations, even prayers. This creates a meaningful coincidence, not so much through some woo, but in the mind. Our thoughts geared on a subconscious level towards the very thing we wish, unintentionally seeking out our desired outcome. Creating meaningful coincidences, only because those events are meaningful to us. Because they are meaningful to us. A subconscious gps of intention.

Sorry, random thoughts in regards to my past.

For me, my take is this, I think coincidence is pattern recognition our brains are wired to recognize pattens, especially within our own selves and field of experiences. 

For ex: When I am between jobs, I put all my energy into finding another job, I do this by reaching out to all my friends and associates, every person I see or know I mention that I am looking for work. And it almost seems magical, in a short time offers come in.  If seems like the perfect situation too, but in reality, I am marketing myself,  I am also verbalizing what I am looking for. I am actively engaged in the process consciously and unconsciously. 

Yet, it isn’t magic, or supernatural, or evidence of woo being true,  I have numbers on my side, location on my side, the right contacts on my side, people that can help me, and I have demographics on my side, what is going on is I am good at goal setting and marshaling my resources and marketing myself ( I owned a hair salon and this taught me a lot about marketing myself) and I have an abundance of resources to marshal in my area, it really helps that I live in a location of wealth where the need for what I do is high. Plus, I am a Jill of all trades type too, so I fit a lot of job descriptions. Even when I am working I have one foot on the horizon as they say open to the next opportunity. I am not pulling jobs out of my butt, even though it seems that way, in truth I am always planning ahead and actively involved in the process.

If I just changed where I lived, I would not be as successful, or didn’t mention I was looking for work, or kept my contacts up, I would not have the same success rate.

When I moved from the Valley to the Beach I had to start over. We forget how much familiarity fuels  coincidence too.

It really feels coincidental and magical that I always land a new gig and to some degree this level of confidence and competence from my success rate via experience probably helps in the sense that the faith I invest in myself is practical in reality and drives me to get out there. 

I do think faith in our own abilities and knowing what they are is a good thing.

Just my two cemts.

 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
Just now, XenoFish said:

I know. He was kinda of a go-to when I was on various occult forums. He'd come up 99% of the time. 

Something like that happened the day we put Dad in the hospital. His room was on the fifth floor and I was adjusting the blinds on his window when a ladybug smacked against the outer pane and hung before my face. For some reason it disturbed me, but I forget about it. However, the next day, when I visited, there was an exact same kind of ladybug flying around in his room. It was a cold March and his window had not been opened. It was disquieting. I wondered what forms the Nike were known to take. Three weeks later, he died.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

There is a reason I hold so strongly to the psychological model of magick. Because I understand it. It's not magical at all. Nothing more than creating a change in consciousness or programming the subconscious. Things like deja vu and synchronicity were common during that time of my life. And it's also a reason I miss those days. Why I still dabble in it. Because underneath it all I was programming my reality. Creating and guiding my life through willful intentions. Not controlling things, but guiding them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Now that is a ridiculous claim.

After that, I'm not so motivated to re-explain the meanings of the word 'evidence'.

 

I'll do it. 

evidence

/ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/

Learn to pronounce

noun

1.

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

 

 

Your support is based on faith. Not evidence. 

 

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I really don't care about this Psyche-George argument. Doesn't add anything to my thread. At least anything most of us already knew.

Its a clear cut example of faith as evidence. PG wants to believe so he refuses evidence and chooses faith. I would have thought this is very much a question of faith and a straight forward example of why some believe in faith. On faith based forums, PG is quite popular so I have seen, those who have the same mindset follow each other as blindly as PG let's faith determine his path. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its a clear cut example of faith as evidence. PG wants to believe so he refuses evidence and chooses faith. I would have thought this is very much a question of faith and a straight forward example of why some believe in faith. On faith based forums, PG is quite popular so I have seen, those who have the same mindset follow each other as blindly as PG let's faith determine his path. 

My questions were:

1)Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

2)What do you gain from such a belief/s ?

I've got a few answers. Some good ones. This is all that I asked. I didn't ask for a debate over and individuals beliefs. Because I know full well how that works around here. This thread will devolve into a right/wrong and yes/no, in no time. 

To answer my own questions.

1) It's a passive interest.

2) It drives my curiosity. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

The thing is, all those years of occultism I had simple goals. To see if the afterlife was real, meaning ghost existed. The results were questionable, but nothing 100% convincing. And to see if God, are any god/s/ess's actually existed. Some weird coincidences and strange dreams but nothing tangible. So it was the same as ghost, demons, and angels. Even the weirder things were so inconsistent that I could not take them as being factual. As a side quest I spend perhaps too much time on psychic abilities with the same inconclusive results. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There is a reason I hold so strongly to the psychological model of magick. Because I understand it. It's not magical at all. Nothing more than creating a change in consciousness or programming the subconscious. Things like deja vu and synchronicity were common during that time of my life. And it's also a reason I miss those days. Why I still dabble in it. Because underneath it all I was programming my reality. Creating and guiding my life through willful intentions. Not controlling things, but guiding them. 

Exactly, you were guiding in the way you could in actuality. 

You needed a huge sum of money you went to the bank, got a loan. 

It was an option cuz you could pay it back, you could make that work. 

You sound like a person who sets goals, who is consistent, who perseveres, is pragmatic why would you want to discard your magic as a viable plan of action.

It gave you a reason and the confidence in yourself to set goals realistically and follow them to fruition and it sounds like you got so good at it it became automatic.  

The woo part you found inconclusive. To me you sound like one hell of a critical thinker, just got there your own way.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
42 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'll do it. 

evidence

/ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/

Learn to pronounce

noun

1.

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

 

 

Your support is based on faith. Not evidence. 

 

Its a clear cut example of faith as evidence. PG wants to believe so he refuses evidence and chooses faith. I would have thought this is very much a question of faith and a straight forward example of why some believe in faith. On faith based forums, PG is quite popular so I have seen, those who have the same mindset follow each other as blindly as PG let's faith determine his path. 

Our respected thread starter has requested that we not engage this further and out of respect for the gentleman I won't be able to point  out that you don't even understand the definition you presented.

Maybe start your own thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
36 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

why would you want to discard your magic as a viable plan of action.

Because such things are seen as nothing more than irrational and magical thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
On 5/15/2019 at 9:53 AM, XenoFish said:

Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

What do you gain from such a belief/s ?

Like, Not a Rockstar, I believe because of supernatural occurrences.  I am thankful to have experienced them.  What do I get out of it?

Good question.  IDK....the hunger to understand things better?

i was so impressed by this science show I saw the other night about the antikethera mechanism.  Some scientists worked for like 25 years or something and finally figure it out.  Unsung heroes....but they stayed with it until they got their answers. I respect that immensely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
On 5/15/2019 at 9:53 AM, XenoFish said:

Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

What do you gain from such a belief/s ?

Sherapy, forgive this post...my iPad went wonky...regarding your post #51, I’m not sure everyone understands what a win it is to go from the valley to the beach.  

I think there is something special about you and your husband is a lucky man.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
35 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Sherapy, forgive this post...my iPad went wonky...regarding your post #51, I’m not sure everyone understands what a win it is to go from the valley to the beach.  

I think there is something special about you and your husband is a lucky man.

Thank you, Guyver. 

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

My questions were:

1)Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

2)What do you gain from such a belief/s ?

I've got a few answers. Some good ones. This is all that I asked. I didn't ask for a debate over and individuals beliefs. Because I know full well how that works around here. This thread will devolve into a right/wrong and yes/no, in no time. 

To answer my own questions.

1) It's a passive interest.

2) It drives my curiosity. 

I don't mean to derail your thread, but some consider belief to be evidence. I saw analysing that as in the context of the thread as in 'a question of faith' . I'll bow out now, but might I humbly suggest that belief only topics go in the beliefs section? It will save confusing posters such as myself, and that doesn't take much as it is :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
On 16/05/2019 at 2:23 AM, XenoFish said:

Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

What do you gain from such a belief/s ?

I don't believe in anything on faith, but the evidences of my own life prove to me that certain things i have encountered are independently real (ie have their own physical existence outside my mind or perception)  Things I have not personally encountered, I remain open to belief about, but do not believe in. Some seem more likely than others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
On 16/05/2019 at 6:56 AM, XenoFish said:

Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing with this quote?

No.  (This statement  is not hypocritical.)

If i know( or believe) that smoking is harmful to you, i have a duty to tell you this, and maybe even do what i can to limit your abilty to smoke, BUT its pointless to harangue or annoy you to the point where you are turned off to the message. Once you have eliminated ignorance, it is generally up to the other person to make a choice, as long as that choice does not come at a cost to others.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
On 16/05/2019 at 7:53 AM, XenoFish said:

What I see and experience is never going to be exactly the same as someone else. Neither will they see that same thing I see. Yet there is some common "reality" that causes us to have similar experiences. The problem (or not) is that I can not take my experiences as a literal truth.

You should be able to, 99.9 percent of the time. Otherwise you could not use anything designed or built by another, and  every individual would need their own doorway in a house, etc 

Independent physical reality exists, and is not dependent on human perception BUT humans do, and can, perceive the same reality in many different ways, 

This doesn't alter the physical reality, but it does alter our inner understanding and perception of that reality 

If your experiences were not  "literal truth,"  you would die, and quite quickly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2019 at 9:51 AM, Desertrat56 said:

When I was a kid I knew that some people are telepathic, I felt I was, though it was trained out of me.  I  knew my brother was because he did not talk until I couldn't "translate" for him when he wanted or needed something.  I designed an experiment with 3 of my cousins and based on the results of that experiment as simplistic as it was I concluded that younger children are more likely telepathic and my guess is that they have not been told it is not possible.  After about the age of 12 I didn't really think about it, but when I was 17 we had an old dog that we got as a puppy when I was 3.  She would wake me up at night when she needed to go out.  One night I woke up with the word "water" in my mind.  There was the dog staring at me.  I got up and found that the water bowl was empty, so I filled it.  I asked her "Why do you only wake me up."  The response I got was "you are the only one that listens".  That is another thing people discount is the intelligence of dogs and other animals.  They don't have language like we do but dogs do understand our language if they are part of the family.

One more anecdote.  I had a boss at one job (the worst job I ever had) that was crazy (literally) but she was the manager and she had not been manager long when I was waiting in the hall with her to go in to a meeting and I saw that she was pregnant.  It was not a physical seeing, I didn't understand why, but I knew.  It turns out it was on her mind because she was so afraid someone would find out.  A couple of days later I chastised her for not taking care of herself and her baby.  She was shocked and thought someone had told me.  I was shocked that she was keeping it a secret.  The thing is, if you have a secret and you obsess over it being found out, it is in your mind all the time.  A telepath does not read minds, a telepath picks up thoughts, not words, but the whole ball that is a thought before it becomes words.    Like I said before I have no proof of any of it for anyone else.  

There is some scientific evidence that identical twins have and retain this abilty into adult hood There are some major longitudinal studies of twins, examining nature vs nurture, and other things  One fact which has emerged is the abilty of some twins to know what the other twin is thinking.  

Not sure about your last point.  Humans think in words/sentences (and i can ONLY think in words not pictures) so when you read a mind it must be the words (or the images ) you are hearing/seeing  There is no way to think without words, as far as i know, which is why we can only think in a language we can speak 

However this is my own personal experience, and maybe others have some other way of thinking which is not verbal or visual  

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
9 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

If your experiences were not  "literal truth,"  you would die, and quite quickly.  

I assume from this, that Mr Walker is saying that if your senses give you false reports on a continuing basis, it will lead to perilous decisions being made. I agree, the "mind plays tricks" mantra is very lame. The mind and senses gives remarkably accurate results, in order for anyone to live a long life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
7 hours ago, Sherapy said:

For me, my take is this, I think coincidence is pattern recognition our brains are wired to recognize pattens, especially within our own selves and field of experiences. 

For ex: When I am between jobs, I put all my energy into finding another job, I do this by reaching out to all my friends and associates, every person I see or know I mention that I am looking for work. And it almost seems magical, in a short time offers come in.  If seems like the perfect situation too, but in reality, I am marketing myself,  I am also verbalizing what I am looking for. I am actively engaged in the process consciously and unconsciously. 

Yet, it isn’t magic, or supernatural, or evidence of woo being true,  I have numbers on my side, location on my side, the right contacts on my side, people that can help me, and I have demographics on my side, what is going on is I am good at goal setting and marshaling my resources and marketing myself ( I owned a hair salon and this taught me a lot about marketing myself) and I have an abundance of resources to marshal in my area, it really helps that I live in a location of wealth where the need for what I do is high. Plus, I am a Jill of all trades type too, so I fit a lot of job descriptions. Even when I am working I have one foot on the horizon as they say open to the next opportunity. I am not pulling jobs out of my butt, even though it seems that way, in truth I am always planning ahead and actively involved in the process.

If I just changed where I lived, I would not be as successful, or didn’t mention I was looking for work, or kept my contacts up, I would not have the same success rate.

When I moved from the Valley to the Beach I had to start over. We forget how much familiarity fuels  coincidence too.

It really feels coincidental and magical that I always land a new gig and to some degree this level of confidence and competence from my success rate via experience probably helps in the sense that the faith I invest in myself is practical in reality and drives me to get out there. 

I do think faith in our own abilities and knowing what they are is a good thing.

Just my two cemts.

 

Excellent post, and the most valuable two cents  worth that Iv'e read for a while. I was going to write something similar but now do not need to.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I assume from this, that Mr Walker is saying that if your senses give you false reports on a continuing basis, it will lead to perilous decisions being made. I agree, the "mind plays tricks" mantra is very lame. The mind and senses gives remarkably accurate results, in order for anyone to live a long life.

Basically yes.  if you walk off a cliff  because you thought it was only a few feet high (as one of my maths teachers did at school) you will die. If you  eat the wrong foods, or none at all, you will die. if you try to walk across a road because you  don't believe the cars are real, you will die. If you try to breathe underwater you will drown 

We are almost perfectly adapted to integration with our surrounding environment.

In part this is learned as children by experience and in part through formal education.  Thus we learn to walk though a door and how to use a chair, or a bed or a table or the toilet  We learn not to sit out in the sun for too long, or eat too much of some foods.. 

If you try to operate most power tools without any understanding of them, you will probably die.

We navigate our world by learned experience and we can only do this because that environment both natural and built is fixed and appears the same to all of us.

If an orange looked like an apple to you it would be confusing   A few unfortunate humans have genuine difficulties like not being able to recognise a face, so they cannot recognise someone they have known for years without checking their clothing or other identifiers.  

quote

Some people with the disorder are unable to recognize their own face. ... Prosopagnosia is a neurological disorder characterized by the inability torecognize faces. Prosopagnosia is also known as face blindness or facial agnosia. The term prosopagnosia comes from the Greek words for “face” and “lack of knowledge.”

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Prosopagnosia-Information-Page

 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright
On 5/15/2019 at 12:53 PM, XenoFish said:

Why do you believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual?

What do you gain from such a belief/s ?

Hello son! :st  

Nice thread! :tu:  

I have been reading through your thread, and will continue, but I thought I would answer your original post here. If, it helps you in your theme of the thread. 

Why do I believe in the supernatural, paranormal, and/or spiritual? Well, I think it’s one part pure enthusiasm, interest in the subjects, coupled with a need to have the possible inklings that it could be actual (just for me though ..... and I believe that’s enough) and one part ......... yeah, you and some here *cough cough* psyche (I think it was psyche too) that opened my eyes to the fact, ......... it’s desire and need for it too, and one part because of my experiences that make me look this with a wondering that my experiences have made me believe it. 

(Is that 3 parts of it, or 4? :w00t:  ) Anyways.............

What do I gain from such? :hmm:  Well, yeah, I think my outlook on it, helps me in not just keeping my soul, outlook, and such enthusiastic of life, but I think it helps me have another point of view, with my reality point of view, to let me possibilities in life and what I do and see throughout. I think my spiritual part, really keeps me grounded and outwordly sane. (I don’t know if I feel anyone, because yes, inwardly, .........I do feel I’m really that insane. :wacko: ) I think my spiritual part helps guide me, because the  material part of me would go stark waving mad in overbundance of it. :yes: I think, my spiritual part helps me be a better team player. I think, it helps me see others and identify with them more. 

I think, that also would be the same outlook in other paranormal areas, (ghosts, UFO’s, reincarnation and such), because of the case that I think there are always possibilities in the world around me. I guess, that’s me thinking that I can take off the horse bindings near my eyes, and see me around me. 

Speaking in how I see the world around me, and how I view and behave and think in the process of it, I don’t think that I would follow that that is the only way I should view and behave it. Because, reality is the priority, and what is before me, is what I see as something that I cannot ignore. The outlook that I see around me, is what it is. Even if I get stark waving depressed of the reality around me, (and I do. :o  *shrugs* ) it is still what it is, and that cannot be ignored. (Remember, that’s reality I’m talking about. I’m fully in reality :yes: ) 

Now, the thing here is, one is that I feel reality (remember I said, “I feel”) would be stagnant for me, if it’s just viewing that as the only thing I consider. (Though I behave it 90% of the time.) I think, my spiritual and paranormal point of view helps creative outlooks to emerge and see those added possibilities. :yes: 

I also think, that there is a part here, that I cannot 100% see my outlook as just purely a need. My experiences does come into play, and to not acknowledge my experiences, would be eliminating bit parts of my life and I think, I’m a little bit empty the more I refuse to acknowledge certain parts of my life. I do want to express, that my experiences cannot be assumed by me, as knowing full throttle they mean one thing. I do really, I can assume them as a possibility of being realistically explainalble. And that, it’s still the full explainable situations, that I think shapes my way of looking at life in more ways than one. In others words, I cannot deny my experiences that don’t match the one’s that would be explained. They are still a part of me, and they are what I feel is accepted by me, as well as the explainable one. (Sometimes, some explainable one’s tend to make me deny them as well. :o  :w00t:  ;) ) 

I think, every little thing makes some contributions in this world, and probably has a hand in how one can creatively think in how to see things in more than one path. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright
On 5/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, XenoFish said:

In magick we express our intentions and desires through symbolic rituals, symbol sets, affirmations, and incantations, even prayers. This creates a meaningful coincidence, not so much through some woo, but in the mind. Our thoughts geared on a subconscious level towards the very thing we wish, unintentionally seeking out our desired outcome. Creating meaningful coincidences, only because those events are meaningful to us. Because they are meaningful to us. A subconscious gps of intention.

Sorry, random thoughts in regards to my past.

I like them. :yes:  :)  

I think, the rituals help keep the discipline in how one views and acts in our outlooks and behavior. I saw this, because my behavior and outlook in what I do with my belief, helps me hope more and work more in how I believe and how I feel there is progress down the road. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright
13 hours ago, Sherapy said:
On 5/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, XenoFish said:

In magick we express our intentions and desires through symbolic rituals, symbol sets, affirmations, and incantations, even prayers. This creates a meaningful coincidence, not so much through some woo, but in the mind. Our thoughts geared on a subconscious level towards the very thing we wish, unintentionally seeking out our desired outcome. Creating meaningful coincidences, only because those events are meaningful to us. Because they are meaningful to us. A subconscious gps of intention.

Sorry, random thoughts in regards to my past.

For me, my take is this, I think coincidence is pattern recognition our brains are wired to recognize pattens, especially within our own selves and field of experiences. 

For ex: When I am between jobs, I put all my energy into finding another job, I do this by reaching out to all my friends and associates, every person I see or know I mention that I am looking for work. And it almost seems magical, in a short time offers come in.  If seems like the perfect situation too, but in reality, I am marketing myself,  I am also verbalizing what I am looking for. I am actively engaged in the process consciously and unconsciously. 

Yet, it isn’t magic, or supernatural, or evidence of woo being true,  I have numbers on my side, location on my side, the right contacts on my side, people that can help me, and I have demographics on my side, what is going on is I am good at goal setting and marshaling my resources and marketing myself ( I owned a hair salon and this taught me a lot about marketing myself) and I have an abundance of resources to marshal in my area, it really helps that I live in a location of wealth where the need for what I do is high. Plus, I am a Jill of all trades type too, so I fit a lot of job descriptions. Even when I am working I have one foot on the horizon as they say open to the next opportunity. I am not pulling jobs out of my butt, even though it seems that way, in truth I am always planning ahead and actively involved in the process.

If I just changed where I lived, I would not be as successful, or didn’t mention I was looking for work, or kept my contacts up, I would not have the same success rate.

When I moved from the Valley to the Beach I had to start over. We forget how much familiarity fuels  coincidence too.

It really feels coincidental and magical that I always land a new gig and to some degree this level of confidence and competence from my success rate via experience probably helps in the sense that the faith I invest in myself is practical in reality and drives me to get out there. 

I do think faith in our own abilities and knowing what they are is a good thing.

Just my two cemts.

 

I feel the same way of that as well. :yes:  

There are times, I am amazed at how I perform, know, and understand, what I do and and that I actually do it. I go beyond Robin Williams’s “Reality, what a concept” viewpoint. I’m like, “Reality, what a scary thing for me!: :cry:  But, I know, I shouldn’t let that keep me in doing things that I normally would hold off, because of my own innate fear. And when I do things, that I have had anxiety about, I wonder how is it, I actually did it without losing it. I like to think, that I did it due to how I have faith in reality and it will work out, with my faith in my belief, that it’s there. 

I know, it can be seen, that it probably isn’t actually helping me in the ways I wish too. But, I feel that it does, and this is what keeps me going without full metal breakdown, and not avoiding what I need to do on a daily basis. 

But yes, that’s me. But, I do acknowledge that your points are what is the truest, and action and performing no matter what, is really one should be practicing at. I do feel, that is the first thing, to allow for complete faith in one’s self and what to expect, because experiences and learning helps you to become more familiar with the reality of the situation and life. I might think, that there is a 5-10% chance there is some extraordinary push, but I do feel that that the 90-95% part that is reality, is what one should concentrate on. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
48 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I feel the same way of that as well. :yes:  

There are times, I am amazed at how I perform, know, and understand, what I do and and that I actually do it. I go beyond Robin Williams’s “Reality, what a concept” viewpoint. I’m like, “Reality, what a scary thing for me!: :cry:  But, I know, I shouldn’t let that keep me in doing things that I normally would hold off, because of my own innate fear. And when I do things, that I have had anxiety about, I wonder how is it, I actually did it without losing it. I like to think, that I did it due to how I have faith in reality and it will work out, with my faith in my belief, that it’s there. 

I know, it can be seen, that it probably isn’t actually helping me in the ways I wish too. But, I feel that it does, and this is what keeps me going without full metal breakdown, and not avoiding what I need to do on a daily basis. 

But yes, that’s me. But, I do acknowledge that your points are what is the truest, and action and performing no matter what, is really one should be practicing at. I do feel, that is the first thing, to allow for complete faith in one’s self and what to expect, because experiences and learning helps you to become more familiar with the reality of the situation and life. I might think, that there is a 5-10% chance there is some extraordinary push, but I do feel that that the 90-95% part that is reality, is what one should concentrate on. 

Well said S., a practical application of faith is the faith we invest in ourselves. 

Like you, I just put my faith in myself and forge ahead.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

There is some scientific evidence that identical twins have and retain this abilty into adult hood There are some major longitudinal studies of twins, examining nature vs nurture, and other things  One fact which has emerged is the abilty of some twins to know what the other twin is thinking.  

Not sure about your last point.  Humans think in words/sentences (and i can ONLY think in words not pictures) so when you read a mind it must be the words (or the images ) you are hearing/seeing  There is no way to think without words, as far as i know, which is why we can only think in a language we can speak 

However this is my own personal experience, and maybe others have some other way of thinking which is not verbal or visual  

People think in abstract then interpret it to words only after they have been indoctrinated into a language.  I accept that you have a different experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.