Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Trump pardons his convicted fraudster friend

Eldorado

"US President Donald Trump has signed a full pardon for former media mogul Conrad Black, who he describes as a "friend".

"Black, 74, was convicted of fraud and obstructing justice in 2007 and jailed for more than three years in the US.

"A White House statement described him as an "entrepreneur and scholar"."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48290529

At the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/us/politics/trump-conrad-black-pardon.html

• Like 1

Sir Smoke aLot

He does have particular interest to pardon people who were blamed for influencing investigations, for frauds, for trying to buy seats in congress but also arson is one of things for which he pardons people :D

President pardon is rarely tool which is there for justice and Trump is not the only one with weird taste in criminals. In my country they even pardon for murders and other hard crimes.

Kismit

Pfft! Media Barons who want to influence politics.:rolleyes:

I could not be happier that Rupert Murdoch was ousted by the Australian Government when they would not let him have the majority share in our media. If I were a suspicious b******, and I am, this pardon would be making me think......hmmmmm.

Earl.Of.Trumps

Like many corruptions that the Dem-o-Repubs allow themselves, this presidential perk has to be reigned in. 

• Like 1