Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Britons are the world's drunkards

Eldorado

"British people have the most prolific boozing habits than any other nationality, a major global study has found, with many people getting drunk once a week.

"Britons reported getting drunk an average of 51.1 times in a 12-month period - almost once a week - according to the latest results from the Global Drug Survey."

Full report at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/15/britons-get-drunk-often-anyone-else-world-major-global-study/

Video report at the UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/alcohol-drinking-uk-survey-world-alcohol-consumption-a8915206.html

• Haha 4

RabidMongoose

Once a week? really?

With me its 3 times a week.... hiccup

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kaikou

They're not wrong.
I've been off work for 2 weeks. Out of that time I think I've spent 4 days completely sober.

Lets raise a glass to these new findings.
Cheers!

• Haha 2

and then

I guess it says a lot about a guy if he sees those numbers and thinks of that crowd as being restrained and well behaved ;)  In my defense, I'm a mix of Irish and Native American... :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RabidMongoose

Last week I had a total of 2 cups of tap water.

The rest of my fluid intake was coffee, whiskey, and the occasional cherry Pepsi. 

• Thanks 1

Eldorado
6 hours ago, and then said:

I guess it says a lot about a guy if he sees those numbers and thinks of that crowd as being restrained and well behaved ;)  In my defense, I'm a mix of Irish and Native American... :( 

Same here with the numbers.. I thought one night a week blootered would have been "normal".  lol

hetrodoxly

No were not and anyone who says otherwise  can come outside, hic.

hetrodoxly
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Last week I had a total of 2 cups of tap water.

The rest of my fluid intake was coffee, whiskey, and the occasional cherry Pepsi. 

I bet your pee looks like Guinness.

Edited by hetrodoxly

Impedancer
Posted (edited)

I've heard the avarage beer consumption by scottish men is about 7 pints a week. And then whiskey :-p ? i thought we Swedes was the drunkards we tend to binge drink during the weekends.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 1

aztek

bull,  Russia is worst, they drink 3 times a day if not more, a bottle of vodka a day per person is normal there, of course not everyone there drinks, but who does do it quite a lot, i've been there, seen it, tried to do "as romans do", could not do it for long

• Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Impedancer said:

I've heard the avarage beer consumption by scottish men is about 7 pints a week. And then whiskey :-p ? i thought we Swedes was the drunkards we tend to binge drink during the weekends.

Someone is lying about their alcohol consumption. Its 7 pints plus whiskey most evenings lol.

I dont really remember my twenties, it was all a drunken blur!

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Haha 3