Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Why is the Pentagon interested in UFOs ?

135 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Dumbledore the Awesome

I expect they suspect, probably thanks to Wiki leaks, that they (the latest ones, that is) are secret Chinese AI drones. I bet that's what it is. You Mark my words. :yes:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

They make it *sound* like they are just now paying attention to UFO's. Who the hell is kidding who? It is paramount for the military to know exactly who every invader is.

Try to get FAA radar tapes that should contain images of a UFO.  Good luck!!!

You can't pry it from them even using a FOIA court suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
8 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

*snip*

It is paramount for the military to know exactly who every invader is.

*snip*

If you just posted this, I woulda maybe liked it. It makes sense.

:su

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison

The military's interest in UFOs is not a recent development. This interest goes back to the 1940s, at least. There are times when we simply hear more about their interest, usually through leaks of information.

Unless UFOs involved what the military interpreted as the possibility of a  threat of some kind, there would be no reason for the them to be concerned. A mundane explanation; some sort of unknown device of a foreign (Earthly) power has long been a favorite answer. Considering the fact that military secrets tend to get found out relatively quickly, it seems odd that no substantial portion of persistently unidentified UFOs has ever been found to have such an origin. 

So called 'foo fighters', luminous spheres, were seen by both Allied and Axis pilots in World War II. Each side believed the other to be the source of these. No convincing explanation for them has been provided, in over seven decades.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

Yeah, UFO's are on the top ten list of things the military is interested in. And they should be. Of course a country's defense department wants to know about things in the sky above their nation that aren't their things.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
8 hours ago, Timothy said:

If you just posted this, I woulda maybe liked it. It makes sense.

:su

Well, quite right, you'd expect them to take an interest in possible unauthorized incursions into their airspace wouldn't you. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
8 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I expect they suspect, probably thanks to Wiki leaks, that they (the latest ones, that is) are secret Chinese AI drones. I bet that's what it is. You Mark my words. :yes:

 Russian and illegal corporate spying ones too.  By the way "Autonomous" is not "A.I." Just a  pre-programmed algorithm.

A.I. drones are a scary future most people with any of their marbles intact don't want to see.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
4 hours ago, bison said:

No convincing explanation for them has been provided, in over seven decades.   (FOO FIGHTERS)

I know, Bison. My guess is they all know what the foo fighters were but like all things et, no one is saying a word.  :ph34r::whistle:

I knew for some long time that the Brits and Yanks saw these foo fighters in bombing runs over Germany. If I recall correctly, over 1,000 reports were made by the RAF/IUSAF crews.  But it was only in the last few years that I learned that the foo fighters appeared in the pacific theatre as well.

Interesting topic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

This story seems a little on the BS side of things. The idea that this is a prime interest  is unsupported. They mention Elizondo's work in which he did nothing but pile up paperwork and a new system to collect information.

The military spent virtually nothing on Elizondo's group. The expense rate on that project would have moved a carrier group a few feet.

The military has much more important things cooking at the moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

"foo fighters", not the band of questionable talent,

my dad worked in the radar and photo analysis areas for the navy post to his work as a top navy prop plane tech, foo fighter have been fairly well explained including why as jets replaced prop driven planes sightings died out, look it up.

i know for dear true believers prosaic explanations of things being a natural accurance just wont do, they need that supernartural, paranormal, otherworldly explanation as badly as they need air to breathe.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dandydrumz

JAL 1628, 1986

1953 Moncla kinross disappearance

1976 Tehran, Iran

1952, Wash DC..July

1980 cash Landrum, texas

1980 Bentwaters England

1948  Gorman dogfight

1990  Belgium AF radar tapes

1948 Childs/Whited sighting

1997, march, phoenix lights

2006 O'hare airport gate C sightings

1967 Shag harbor

Colrares Brazil air force sightings

1964 soccoro NM

1952 Nash/Fortenberry sighting

Russia, Krasnador sighting...forget yyear

1957 Texas RB47 sighting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minimalists
13 hours ago, dandydrumz said:

JAL 1628, 1986

1953 Moncla kinross disappearance

1976 Tehran, Iran

1952, Wash DC..July

1980 cash Landrum, texas

1980 Bentwaters England

1948  Gorman dogfight

1990  Belgium AF radar tapes

1948 Childs/Whited sighting

1997, march, phoenix lights

2006 O'hare airport gate C sightings

1967 Shag harbor

Colrares Brazil air force sightings

1964 soccoro NM

1952 Nash/Fortenberry sighting

Russia, Krasnador sighting...forget yyear

1957 Texas RB47 sighting

Impressive..Very impressive..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Let's see what sort of laughable stuff is in t he l ist.

The Phoenix Lights - video shows it was planes in event 1 and flares in event 2

JAL 1628 - other planes in the area saw nothing, the rest of the crew does not back up the stories from the pilot

2006 O'hare airport - punch cloud

1990 Belgium radar - The 3 locks were on each other, the 3 planes

 

That's a start on this list.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

1976 Tehran -  equipment failures that were happening often to those planes

1980 cash Landrum, texas  - blamed their health problems on a UFO, their doctors disagreed with their self diagnosis.

1952 Moncla disappearance - crashed into the lake

 

Bat13 was correct when stating

Quote

a great list of debunked alleged UFO sightings :tu:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Let's see what sort of laughable stuff is in t he l ist.

The Phoenix Lights - video shows it was planes in event 1 and flares in event 2

Yes, let's start with Phoenix lights.   So... The video of flares debunks the whole event, eh?  How about this V shaped UFO as seen by many throughout this event and  drawn out by one of the witnesses

Image result for phoenix lights drawing triangle

 

Yes that is laughable - laughable that one video of one event explains everything people saw from western Nevada to northern Arizona, down to southern Arizona, and into the northern Mexican state of Senora.  Yes. LAUGHABLE.

 

Quote

JAL 1628 - other planes in the area saw nothing, the rest of the crew does not back up the stories from the pilot

2006 O'hare airport - punch cloud

1990 Belgium radar - The 3 locks were on each other, the 3 planes

 

That's a start on this list.

Yes and you FAILED first foot out the door.   

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes, let's start with Phoenix lights.   So... The video of flares debunks the whole event, eh?  How about this V shaped UFO as seen by many throughout this event and  drawn out by one of the witnesses

Image result for phoenix lights drawing triangle

 

Yes that is laughable - laughable that one video of one event explains everything people saw from western Nevada to northern Arizona, down to southern Arizona, and into the northern Mexican state of Senora.  Yes. LAUGHABLE.

 

 

Fallacy: "How about this V shaped UFO as seen by many"

That's artwork.Virtually no one reported seeing such a craft. Please learn about the incident before posting a fake image.

The video shows it to be separate objects, i.e. planes in the sky, not the fake Vee you posted.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

another fallacy: The video of flares debunks the whole event, eh?

Actually there were two events that night. Love it when people get the two confused. There were videos of events 1 and 2.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Fallacy: "How about this V shaped UFO as seen by many"

Your charge of "fallacy" is a fallacy. MANY people saw it.   See what it says in the newspaper article that drawing appeared in...?  It says PEOPLE   "For 106 minutes on March 13, people saw something like this v-shaped object flying over Arizona etc..."

Quote

That's artwork.Virtually no one reported seeing such a craft. Please learn about the incident before posting a fake image.

The video shows it to be separate objects, i.e. planes in the sky, not the fake Vee you posted.

 

Fancy footwork but you still didn't explain what this man who drew the craft and many others saw (V-shaped craft) .  I figured as much.

 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Your charge of "fallacy" is a fallacy. MANY people saw it.   See what it says in the newspaper article that drawing appeared in...?  It says PEOPLE   "For 106 minutes on March 13, people saw something like this v-shaped object flying over Arizona etc..."

 

Fancy footwork but you still didn't explain what this man who drew the craft and many others saw (V-shaped craft) .  I figured as much.

 

Fallacy: Your charge of "fallacy" is a fallacy.

Many reports of lights, few of a flying vee. Look at the reports and learn for a change. Reports list a boomerang, vee, triangle, semi circle, no clear shape. The newspaper article has a fake photo on the cover based on one person's description. So please learn for a change.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Fallacy: Your charge of "fallacy" is a fallacy.

Many reports of lights, few of a flying vee. Look at the reports and learn for a change. Reports list a boomerang, vee, triangle, semi circle, no clear shape. The newspaper article has a fake photo on the cover based on one person's description. So please learn for a change.

The drawing you saw is a depiction of what that man saw. And it is a DRAWING - not  a damm fake photo. do some reading.

Many people saw this triangular air vehicle including the governor of Arizona, Fyfe Symington:  "Witnesses claim to have observed a huge carpenter's square-shaped UFO, containing five spherical lights or possibly light-emitting engines. Fife Symington, the governor at the time, was one witness to this incident; he later called the object "otherworldly."  Mufon link
 

So that's two people that have said you are not telling it like it is. And there were more

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minimalists

The V shape could be planes flying in a combat formation they do that you know....But then again I would hardly trust a politician to be truthful about anything especially if he thinks it will get him votes.....Up front and honest I got no idea what the lights were but I am not falling into that argument from ignorance trap and speculating that the lights were visitors from another planet!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
Posted (edited)

Thanks for your opinion AO, but I much rather rely on testimony from many actual eye witnesses. Believe it or not, people in Arizona know what military aircraft look like. This was nothing our military had.

And Nobody mentioned visitors from another planet, aka aliens.  Juist trying to establish the *existence* of unidentified flying objects, that's all.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minimalists
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Thanks for your opinion AO, but I much rather rely on testimony from many actual eye witnesses. Believe it or not, people in Arizona know what military aircraft look like. This was nothing our military had.

And Nobody mentioned visitors from another planet, aka aliens.  Juist trying to establish the *existence* of unidentified flying objects, that's all.

Quote

Juist trying to establish the *existence* of unidentified flying objects, that's all.

Why? We know they exist..And some do not have mundane explanations..I think where the issue comes in is that believer's automatically assume it's alien's from another planet. Actual eyewitness testimony can only take it so far. Sure people see these things and it's hard to believe they are all lying. But that said we are human and as such we are not very good data taking machines...Bottom line is we all see what we want to see....Over time stories become more and more embellished, things added, things taken away.....For example. Start a rumor on this forum. It don't have to be true just tell a fake story..By the time it washes out the story will have changed hundreds of times.

That's the way it is with UFO eyewitnesses especially if more than one person saw it....By the time it's over the story has ballooned into who knows what. Eyewitness testimony is just part of a much larger scenario....

Edited by Alien Origins
Correct spelling.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
Posted (edited)

Here's a good one.   link     * UAPs =  Unidentified Ariel Phenomena 

The U.S. government came a large step closer to confirming the reality of UAPs when the U.S. Navy acknowledged in late April that “there have been a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace in recent years.”   

Just "piles of paper"  is all they're collecting :--)

And this is UAPs just in military airspace. Can you imagine what a USAF has to say about what they have seen in ALL American airspace!?!?

 

EDIT to add this from said above article:

Christopher Mellon served 20 years in the federal government and was deputy assistant Defense secretary for intelligence from 1999 to 2002, and for security and information operations from 1998 to 1999. From 2002 to 2004, he was minority staff director of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence under Sen. John Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.). He is a national security affairs adviser for To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science and a consultant to HISTORY’s nonfiction series, “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation,” which premieres May 31.

 

Now we know who advised The Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences about the tic tac UFO. 

 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.