Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is the Pentagon interested in UFOs ?

ive spent way too much time on the Phoenix lights and like most came to the conclusion these were cases of misidentified prosiac things,

i still do find it a down right enigma some refuse to acknowledge this was 2 events that got horribly embelished together, one was flares the other was human air craft.

the other issue is sort of like roswell people who claimed to have seen the alleged V popped up like a fairy ring, some with detailed accounts then when investigated for credibility some were not in a location to see anything or got the day wrong or were out of town etc, it was really bad how many witnesses were out right fibbers.

• Like 1

I know this is probably the wrong topic to post this on but I have a story from when I was a kid.

it all started out when I was in a childhood home in Texas near Austin. I was 8 and I woke up in the middle of the night and it was 10:08, I then saw a strang light outside my window and looked out to see a weird spaceship landing in my front yard and something walking out of it. I stoop there crying because I was terrified. It had purple skin, no mouth or face except these two huge green eyes. It's all I could see before to stared at me and I fainted out of fear. 

I thought it it was a story you would like to hear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrystalStarDragon said:

I know this is probably the wrong topic to post this on but I have a story from when I was a kid.

it all started out when I was in a childhood home in Texas near Austin. I was 8 and I woke up in the middle of the night and it was 10:08, I then saw a strang light outside my window and looked out to see a weird spaceship landing in my front yard and something walking out of it. I stoop there crying because I was terrified. It had purple skin, no mouth or face except these two huge green eyes. It's all I could see before to stared at me and I fainted out of fear. 

I thought it it was a story you would like to hear.

likely a dream.

18 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Your charge of "fallacy" is a fallacy. MANY people saw it.   See what it says in the newspaper article that drawing appeared in...?  It says PEOPLE   "For 106 minutes on March 13, people saw something like this v-shaped object flying over Arizona etc..."

Fancy footwork but you still didn't explain what this man who drew the craft and many others saw (V-shaped craft) .  I figured as much.

The man who drew that is Tim Ley, who doesn't believe it was aliens but a message from God. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer that one. He also inadvertently described individual objects without realising it. His testimonial states:

When viewing them through binoculars their shape could not be determined, however, each object seemed to display two reddish-orange steady lights"

That's a description of planes and landing lights. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The man who drew that is Tim Ley, who doesn't believe it was aliens but a message from God. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer that one. He also inadvertently described individual objects without realising it. His testimonial states:

When viewing them through binoculars their shape could not be determined, however, each object seemed to display two reddish-orange steady lights"

That's a description of planes and landing lights. 

reddish-orange? They're not reddish-orange, unless there's volcanic dust in the atmosphere or something. Also you'd almost certainly see flashing red strobes 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

reddish-orange? They're not reddish-orange, unless there's volcanic dust in the atmosphere or something. Also you'd almost certainly see flashing red strobes 

They look it to me

20141126-121406-e6bx7.jpg

72bfb0d9f4d405777d2de522a54b57af.jpg

b57ecbf04ac7575d7c8ad8b39f4b2713.jpg

But Ley said it was a message from God, not aliens. 

Could be this too. 

trump-baby-blimp-3-sh-jt-180713_hpMain_4

:lol:

• Thanks 1

You're probably correct. 80% of UFO Sightings can be attributed to America's Donald Trump :yes: 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

It is interesting how widely varied were the color descriptions of the Phoenix Lights.

Thread cleaned

Earl.of.Trumps and Stereologist - please either put each other on ignore or take the bickering to PMs.

Thank you.

I have not seen any evidence so far that the US military has elevated their interest in UFOs.

About all I have seen is an interest is protecting the warrior from threats. 

What I have seen is that there are arguments based on fads, the fad is noticing that the military is interested in any potential threat to their warriors. Being aware of the military acting to protect its warriors seems to be a fad. In this fad people seem to think their personal awareness somehow translates to something new. It isn't new.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

It is interesting how widely varied were the color descriptions of the Phoenix Lights.

ive seen a lot of variations in "landing lights" i have seen aircraft, human known aircraft with all kinds of lighting and colors of lighting,

advertising blimps can look pretty odd at some angles at night and a small plane scared me over at daytona when i was young in the day it pulled a banner at night a lightbulb matrix was on the wing bottom looked like the mother ship coming down the beach at night

at this point im not sure lights or their colors mean much to me, and if one thinks about it why would an alien craft have any lights at all.

a light in the sky so it must be aliens is beyond weak.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i have seen aircraft, human known aircraft with all kinds of lighting and colors of lighting,

You're not supposed to. International law:  left wingtip, red:  right wingtip, green:  rear of craft (loosely defined), white.    If you saw configs other than that, something is wrong.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You're not supposed to. International law:  left wingtip, red:  right wingtip, green:  rear of craft (loosely defined), white.    If you saw configs other than that, something is wrong.

im not saying they didnt have those down in there, and i have heard about aircraft lighting laws but you likely can google and see craft like advertising blimps and the planes with the light matrix under their wings, ill see if i can find pictures after my chores.

i was just saying i see some very odd lights on what are obvious manmade and flown aircraft

heres a quick one, however the one i saw was late 70s pre led tech,

http://worldwideskyadvertising.com/Scrolling-LED-Flying-SIGN.html

The same aircraft and multiple witnesses and they can't agree. 

The color of the lights is but one of the many disagreements of the witnesses to the Phoenix Lights.

You'd think they could get the basics right such as how many lights there were. They could not.

• Like 1

On 20.5.2019 at 12:05 AM, dandydrumz said:

JAL 1628, 1986

1953 Moncla kinross disappearance

1976 Tehran, Iran

1952, Wash DC..July

1980 cash Landrum, texas

1980 Bentwaters England

1948  Gorman dogfight

1990  Belgium AF radar tapes

1948 Childs/Whited sighting

1997, march, phoenix lights

2006 O'hare airport gate C sightings

1967 Shag harbor

Colrares Brazil air force sightings

1964 soccoro NM

1952 Nash/Fortenberry sighting

Russia, Krasnador sighting...forget yyear

1957 Texas RB47 sighting

July 2019, Iggy Pop, Rättvik/Sweden

59 minutes ago, toast said:

July 2019, Iggy Pop, Rättvik/Sweden

i booked iggy once , great guy sat in the bus chatting after the show...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The same aircraft and multiple witnesses and they can't agree. 

The color of the lights is but one of the many disagreements of the witnesses to the Phoenix Lights.

You'd think they could get the basics right such as how many lights there were. They could not.

possibly they were, I don't know ... different colours? Maybe they even ... changed colour? :o Which would mitigate against it being a Conventional Aircraft?

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i booked iggy once , great guy sat in the bus chatting after the show...

I participated to 6 or 7 gigs of him, hell, he is a icon and a very friendly one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

possibly they were, I don't know ... different colours? Maybe they even ... changed colour? :o Which would mitigate against it being a Conventional Aircraft?

The lights were observed from the city of Phoenix by people and people reported different colors. That is what happens with eyewitnesses.

We can often be certain that an event happened at a place, but the rest of the details are often confused.

The man withe telescope reported planes with square wings and saw pairs of lights on the wings. That's a conventional aircraft. He had the telescope and was very familiar with  using it. 

The range of colors is likely due to the fallibility of human memory, but I like your suggestion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toast said:

I participated to 6 or 7 gigs of him, hell, he is a icon and a very friendly one.

i was very lucky, i managed to book a lot of the old great ones, i believe iggy loves what he does.

• Like 1

why would ET  need or desire disco lights on their craft?

about 20-25 years ago i was involved in the rc hobby/ biz and the airplane guys would do night events, this was before leds were a big thing so many used basically Christmas lights, etc,

they did this out in a flying field in the sticks in those days, these planes looked so cool at night,

and yes, people always reported UFOs that night.

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

why would ET  need or desire disco lights on their craft?

about 20-25 years ago i was involved in the rc hobby/ biz and the airplane guys would do night events, this was before leds were a big thing so many used basically Christmas lights, etc,

they did this out in a flying field in the sticks in those days, these planes looked so cool at night,

and yes, people always reported UFOs that night.

The idea of lights tend to conflict with the idea that they hide from us too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The idea of lights tend to conflict with the idea that they hide from us too. 

its all about making it fit the costume,

lets look at this a moment, and yes, im speculating a lot,

we have a huge flying V like what did some say a mile wide? drifting across the sky, if it was a secret military test why run lights and fly it over a populated area?

if it was andy the alien why run lights and fly over a populated area and not stop to say howdy? ask for directions or let their kids see the two headed calf, use the potty and buy some cactus candy at uncle willies road side house of oddities and petrol?

hum, what if a group of hobbiest pilots wanted to show off a little, not the first time then sure they need some lighting.

if that flew over here the air would be full of the sounds of cletus popping off his double barrel and thuggers shooting their whatevers at it.....

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well, quite right, you'd expect them to take an interest in possible unauthorized incursions into their airspace wouldn't you. 

Exactly. Especially with the quality and availability of consumer level drones, international military technological advancements etc.

The US may have been a relatively untouchable superpower at times: But these days they need to be as open as ever to the possibility that any reasonably developed country could have access to technology which is a threat to security, and which they may not yet be able to yet counter.

The problem with the Phoenix Lights and it being a large craft a mile wide is that witnesses did report seeing stars pass between the lights.

The best of these reports is a man that saw the supposed craft pass i n front of the Moon. As it did the mighty craft suddenly went invisible so he could not see it. How goofy is that idea. It went invisible just for this one person's limited viewing perspective. It did not go invisible for other viewers. He reported seeing fuzziness across the Moon's image, the sort of thing turbulence and engine exhaust would cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1