Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is the Pentagon interested in UFOs ?

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

No you’re just suggesting that it’s a technology problem with the aircraft when in fact it’s not. 

Actually I am not stating that at all. Please read the posts again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:59 AM, the13bats said:

they failed in many ways some rather epic, like ray fowler pointing out his friend j Hynek was a sell out, he had no problem lying to keep his gov job, sad, in turn nothing they said has any credibilty integrity with me,

they did fail to provide any logical or technical evidence that any case of a UFO was either a threat to the USA or an alien craft,  so yeah, the story did end and decades later and still not a grain of proof any UFO is an alien craft.

no, posting hoax pictures is not proof.

They also did not explain all cases investigated.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They also did not explain all cases investigated.

true, "unexplained" is just that for me, its just at the moment unknown,  in context to what we are discussing some things not known then very well could be known now, but they never proved aliens, not even close.

to be honest i have not decided what exactly sign, grudge and bluebooks real porpose and agendas were ( beside waste tax payer money and perhaps cold war PR ) and i believe it varied, hynek was a puppet,  he got his sweet gov pay check and did as told, this made some cry cover up, but it really wasnt covering up anything, when he made a cameo in "close encounters 3rd kind" i saw it as his blantant cocking a snook that he saw the whole thing as a big joke and didnt take any of it at all serious, a fox mulder he wasnt.

true believers miss the point of sign, grudge and blue book, some want to make up stuff about it, it did prove most UFOs were prosiac, the ones it left unexplained sure could have been prosiac before screaming "alien craft".

what it was im not sure but it wasnt an alien cover up tool...

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, bison said:

The Department of Defense is known to have long taken an interest in Unidentified Flying Objects.

That is their job. Anything detected as entering US airspace is the job of the Air Force to investigate. Known or unknown.

It seems reasonable, then, that a Secretary of that department, with a specialization in matters of intelligence, had access to some of this information.

One would think.

The charge is, then, that Secretary Mellon is a poseur, who doesn't have knowledge to back up his statements, and that his opinion is no more informative than that of any random person.  I've seen no evidence that this charge is correct, merely proclamations that this is the case.   

And if said evidence was actually available, can you name me one reason why a defense sec would go out and publicly announce such without the backing of the department (or Government, for that matter)?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, badeskov said:

That is their job. Anything detected as entering US airspace is the job of the Air Force to investigate. Known or unknown.

One would think.

And if said evidence was actually available, can you name me one reason why a defense sec would go out and publicly announce such without the backing of the department (or Government, for that matter)?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Welcome back!

• Like 1

Hey Badeskov, haven't seen you much lately, good to see you 

• Like 1

As I have said the Pentagon's only interest would be in National Security. As far as Hynek's role in Sign, Grudge and Bluebook he was only there as a science advisor...Sign, Grudge and Bluebook was an effort to explain UFO sightings...Sign and Grudge were not that popular, Bluebook was the longest running of the three.

10 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

As I have said the Pentagon's only interest would be in National Security. As far as Hynek's role in Sign, Grudge and Bluebook he was only there as a science advisor...Sign, Grudge and Bluebook was an effort to explain UFO sightings...Sign and Grudge were not that popular, Bluebook was the longest running of the three.

didnt mean he had to toss all credibility and interigrity out the window by being a sell out as his proclained friend r fowler claimed he did just to keep the job.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, the13bats said:

didnt mean he had to toss all credibility and interigrity out the window by being a sell out as his proclained friend r fowler claimed he did just to keep the job.

I know what you mean't. I was just pointing out his role that's all...:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

I know what you mean't. I was just pointing out his role that's all...:D

i know, just i like to push that since fowler was trying to make a different point and ended up shooting himself in the foot and having the billet ricochet and hit hynek too...but afterall isnt that what friends are for.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 1:55 AM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Hey Badeskov, haven't seen you much lately, good to see you 

Been traveling too much, mate. Way too much. 

cheers,

Badeskov