Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is the Pentagon interested in UFOs ?

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The idea of lights tend to conflict with the idea that they hide from us too. 

Yeah and they don't need runway lights either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are lots of street lights leading into our town along the new highway. It is amazingly bright along that road. My neighbor calls it the UFO landing strip. So far no takers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That and if they are coming from some far distant galaxy they would not use "air" for lift like our current aircraft do. I mean traveling through the great vacuum of space air is a non issue.

• Like 3

On 20/05/2019 at 11:17 PM, Alien Origins said:

The V shape could be planes flying in a combat formation they do that you know....But then again I would hardly trust a politician to be truthful about anything especially if he thinks it will get him votes.....Up front and honest I got no idea what the lights were but I am not falling into that argument from ignorance trap and speculating that the lights were visitors from another planet!

That's basically what Mitch Stanley said after observing the lights through his 43x Dobsonian Telescope. 

He was there and had the equipment. 

• Like 5

Radiowave and radarwave can produce multiple symptoms like neurasthenia (general bad feeling); depression; impotence; anxiety; lack of concentration; hypochondria; dizziness; hallucinations; sleepiness or insomnia; irritability; decreased appetite; loss of memory; scalp sensations; fatigue; chest pain, tremors.

With the advance of radio and radar technology firstly used in mass quantity in WW2, sighting of UFO got up. The mix-up of different radar emitters can probably create perceptible phenomena by accident. It could be the source of multiple sighting.

Some research have been done to emulate that and create method for psychotronic warfare through radio waves or Microwave Weaponry.

Edited by Jon the frog

I think the interest in UFO's was really pushed thanks to Jimmy Carter and his claim of seeing a UFO in the 1960s. 

2 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I think the interest in UFO's was really pushed thanks to Jimmy Carter and his claim of seeing a UFO in the 1960s. 

No I think you would have to go back further than that...As far back as Eisenhower.

7 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

No I think you would have to go back further than that...As far back as Eisenhower.

I think you maybe right cause Douglas MacArthur even claimed to have seen one and I believe that was during the time Eisenhower was president. We even have Kenneth Arnold who was a pilot who said he saw one while flying his plane near the Cascade Mountains.

It's claimed Eisenhower had some kind of secret meeting with aliens once in 1954 and again in 1955 supposedly.

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I think you maybe right cause Douglas MacArthur even claimed to have seen one and I believe that was during the time Eisenhower was president. We even have Kenneth Arnold who was a pilot who said he saw one while flying his plane near the Cascade Mountains.

you might wanna read more on kenneth arnold, it wasnt just one, by the time he was writting for palmer he thought what he saw werent alien craft....but unknown creatures,  and all ufos were creatures.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I think ti was old Kenneth Arnold who really started the interest off in 1947.  And then Roswell happened soon after, although that didn't get very much more than local publicity until a while afterwards, I believe. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I think ti was old Kenneth Arnold who really started the interest off in 1947.  And then Roswell happened soon after, although that didn't get very much more than local publicity until a while afterwards, I believe. 

Yeah, that's a pretty good summary.  You could also mention Blue Book and the 1952 Saucers over Washington incident link, but it all seems to have fired up around then.  One wonders how much of the silencing of Ufology was Cold War paranoia, how much was secret agenda, and how much was dogmatic scientific skepticism?

• Like 1

Project Sign and Project Grudge before Blue Book....UFOs had been reported during the Hoover administration 1929-1933...Arnold most likely got the ball rolling as far as interest in UFOs are concerned but they had been spotted long before that as well.

• Like 1

During the time frames mentioned there was plenty of UFO mania going on in the US and we see that in all of the B rated scifi movies of the time.

Radio shows such as Dimension X or X Minus One were big as well.

There was plenty of exposure to the idea of space, aliens, and flying saucers.

Maybe disclosure was right around the corner even back in the 1950s.

• Like 1

Christopher Mellon, a former official of the U.S. Department of Defense, explains the interest of the military establishment in Unidentified Flying Objects. He avers that UFOs are real, technological objects, of unknown origin and intent. He further indicates that these objects move about in a manner that seems to subvert the normal laws of nature, such as inertia and gravity, at least as we currently understand them. 

Please see the linked article, below, for further details:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/christopher-mellon-official-ufo-sightings-real

Edited by bison
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

oh course he did and he, palmer and others milked it for all it was worth their readers seemed to enjoy being played the rube and having one put over on them,  conventions and clubs with the classic meaning of "club" with almost every member being an abductee  giant rock, bucky Nelson, adamski etc,  lots of attention,

54 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Mellon is part of a TV show that earns money= nuff said IMHO

If you're suggesting that Secretary Mellon said something untrue in order to receive a financial reward, or to financially benefit the History Channel, I hope you have substantial evidence to back that up.

Edited by bison
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, bison said:

If you're suggesting that Secretary Mellon said something untrue in order to receive a financial reward, or to financially benefit the History Channel, I hope you have substantial evidence to back that up.

I would think the "Ex-Secretary" did not show up for free I betcha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bison said:

hmmm, putting forward a belief without substantial evidence= where have we seen this before in here? it works both ways;)

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bison said:

:lol:

Watch any of their shows? Most of it is "false facts for a buck". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

:lol:

Watch any of their shows? Most of it is "false facts for a buck". 

Piney; I don't watch the History Channel. In any case, Mr. Mellon has written and spoken elsewhere, making the same points about UFOs. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bison said:

Piney; I don't watch the History Channel. In any case, Mr. Mellon has written and spoken elsewhere, making the same points about UFOs. 

It's a BS fest that has whole archaeology and anthropology departments screaming at the screen. They even had a member of a hate group representing a Indian Tribe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh god. It's a Tom Delonge and TTSA series. :lol: Popcorn time!

Forgive my cynicism...

From https://www.history.com/shows/unidentified-inside-americas-ufo-investigation/about : 'The series will reveal newly authenticated evidence and footage, interviews from eyewitnesses and former military personnel who have never spoken out before, and extensive breakthroughs in understanding the technology behind these unknown phenomena in our skies.'

No Tom. No.

• Haha 3