Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fines for texting while crossing the street

Eldorado

"Lawmakers are pushing to outlaw the practice of texting while crossing the street, citing safety concerns that in some cases have proved deadly.

"“Texting is one of the most common forms of communication with friends. It’s the best way to stay in touch with people outside of social media, but the hard part is when people constantly text even when completing their daily errands,” the bill memo sponsored by Assemblyman Felix Ortiz (D-Bronx) and Sen. John Liu (D-Queens) says."

Full report at the NY Post: https://nypost.com/2019/05/16/new-york-lawmakers-may-soon-outlaw-texting-while-crossing-the-street/

At ABC7: https://abc7ny.com/politics/ny-senate-introduces-bill-to-ban-texting-while-walking/5302620/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Can't we just bite the bullet and ban millennials altogether? I'm jesting of course.

Although..........

• Haha 2

Dumb honestly. What's next NYC? No texting in your own house?

22 hours ago, acute said:

Can't we just bite the bullet and ban millennials altogether? I'm jesting of course.

Although..........

Nope, I'd say castration would be a solution...

12 hours ago, Princess Serenity said:

Dumb honestly. What's next NYC? No texting in your own house?

HOW that compares to moron walking and texting/reading accross the street?! I encounter those idiots on the daily basis. Honestly, I'd make sure (in God mode) they do not procreate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aztek said:

generally agree, but let natural selection take them out.  also a see this being abused by cops

Thing is, those idiots do create situations where others might be injured. Swerving (to avoid 'blind' moron) car may hit head-on another car. Power abused by cops is largely (bigly)))) ) different issue.

If people could start to look up instead of on their phone they might actually see something... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

If people could start to look up instead of on their phone they might actually see something... 

Exactly!

iirc some country installed bright light in the crosswalks shooting up,  so texters who are  looking down can see not to cross.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

iirc some country installed bright light in the crosswalks shooting up,  so texters who are  looking down can see not to cross.

• Like 1

I am all for this.   I get put in a situation where I can get into an accident several times a week.   

When I was taught to drive, I was told not to swerve to miss an animal that may be in the roadway.   Maybe the law needs to be that you don't have to swerve to miss texters either.

• Haha 1