Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Paul1

Is it all true or have we been fooled.

141 posts in this topic

Manwon Lender
On 5/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, Paul1 said:

I swear on my daughter that these are the facts and that's how it happened.

It doesn't matter what others beleive or disbelieve, you know what's happening and that's all that matters.

Hope you find peace.

Rlyeh
11 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I am not sure if this thread is focusing on God, or faith in general or maybe both. If it is a general frame of mind on either, I am in the category of it all has to be true. My life has had too many hardships that should of ended my life a long time ago. An I still struggle to survive daily. I have a loving family that keeps me going and I attribute my family to God.   An while there are terrible things in the world all the time, that for an all powerful God, should take but the blink of an eye to prevent or repair and seems to take his sweet time in fixing anything if ever, I still have to hold on to the hope that in the end God is real, and is love and wants the best for me and everyone.

I can easily find reasons to say it is all false but if I did,  if I give up the last bit of will I have to live, and if it turned out everything was false, what ever everything is. Then there is for me just no reason to be a good person. there is no reason to care about anyone or anything if it is all just a crock.  Going to jail, prison, death row, getting my teeth knocked in from being a terrible person,  is not a deterrent but just a consequence .  

I'd rather live in poverty and misery, and be a good, decent person to the best of my ability and make it to Heaven or God or whatever anyone wants to call it, than be a scum bag, or a self centered egotistical person my entire life with only money and and some bs legacy to leave behind for some other sap to go, hmmm wonder who this person is on this plaque  as they pass by the building it is attached to, an in the end could care less, and then we all go to worm food after life is over.

Isn't it funny believers attribute good and happiness to a blood thirsty slave master?

• Haha 1

GLCsector3295
9 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Isn't it funny believers attribute good and happiness to a blood thirsty slave master?

funny to you perhaps, if that is what you consider God to be.

You are going to be hard pressed to convince rational people of faith that point of view let alone any person of any religion that has even the smallest amount of good faith in God.

If you don't believe in God,  that is fine, plenty of people don't, plenty of people are agnostic , nothing wrong with that,  but there really is no need to be an immature,ignorant,snarky ass to people of any faith or belief in what ever it is they believe in just because one has their own reasons for not believing.

You would of been better off just saying, I personally don't believe in any of this and then stated why. Now I could careless what you believe or why and wont be bothered with you any more.

• Thanks 1

Jodie.Lynne
14 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Which god do you believe in?

If it is the Judeo-Christian one, then his biography tells the tale of his bloodthirstiness. 

XenoFish
27 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Well, since god is only an idea then all we have are what people believe their imaginary friend to be.

You are going to be hard pressed to convince rational people of faith that point of view let alone any person of any religion that has even the smallest amount of good faith in God.

Having faith in an imaginary god is rational.....?

If you don't believe in God,  that is fine, plenty of people don't, plenty of people are agnostic , nothing wrong with that,  but there really is no need to be an immature,ignorant,snarky ass to people of any faith or belief in what ever it is they believe in just because one has their own reasons for not believing.

I don't believe in any god/s/ess's at all. I'm more concerned with the ignorant stupidity people do because of their belief in god/s/ess's.

You would of been better off just saying, I personally don't believe in any of this and then stated why. Now I could careless what you believe or why and wont be bothered with you any more.

I do not believe in any of this as it's just another coping mechanism designed to either control people or to deal with the crushing reality of death. 

• Like 3

GLCsector3295
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

another immature person to add mute. either you were responding to me, or the other person i muted, you realized i muted and were posting his response to me.

either way you two, are two peas in a pod an can have each other. 

try growing up and being mature sometime. 

Jodie.Lynne

Ah, the light begins to shine. And what it reveals is not pleasant. :(

• Like 3

XenoFish
27 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

another immature person to add mute. either you were responding to me, or the other person i muted, you realized i muted and were posting his response to me.

I posted my own response to you and if you can't handle criticism, then mute/ignore everyone. Since you don't want your bubble burst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jodie.Lynne
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I posted my own response to you and if you can't handle criticism, then mute/ignore everyone. Since you don't want your bubble burst.

Isn't it just awful, how some people have the nerve to disagree on things?

It's so much easier when you silence the voice of dissent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I honestly don't care. I suspect I'm on a lot of ignore list. People want echo chambers to reinforce their beliefs, because being right feels better than being wrong. Even if what they believe is flawed to begin with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rlyeh
1 hour ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Funny as in ironic.  The "Word of God" shows what God is, a blood thirsty monster. 

Rational people of faith... that's an oxymoron.

Christian apologists will happily defend murder, rape, slavery, etc. if it means defending God.

I just thought it was amusing that people of faith derive their "good" from something so vile and evil.

• Like 4

GLCsector3295
2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

it is one thing to disagree it is another to just be a complete  immature tool.

XenoFish
11 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Matter of opinion and opinions don't matter.

• Like 2

Jodie.Lynne
13 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I guess it depends on your POV.

ETA: For example, what do you define as "a complete immature tool"?

Way off Topic: I have 5 people on ignore here. NOT because they and I disagree, or have different opinions, but because they either add nothing of value to a conversation (and take a 1000 words to say nothing), or because their posts are so off-the-wall woo-sense, that they actually cause me to have brain cell death.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your forum life, but you are relatively new, and some of us have been here for a long time, going over the same ground. It isn't that anyone is being hostile to you, but that everyone has their own style to the discussions. For myself, I try not to come off as too dismissive (for the most part), but my sense of humour often rubs people the wrong way.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

jypsijemini
On 5/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, Tatetopa said:

I would suggest this to you from an experience I once had.  It may or may not apply.  I got the impression that coming back is hard.  When you pass out of this life, it cannot hold you.  You might be able to come back for love as your daughter did for you.    Anger, fear, pain, suffering, and revenge stay behind, not worthy baggage to take on the journey.  It is a great gift.

Very well said, @Tatetopa

Any and all visits from the spiritual realm from those who have passed on, in my opinion, are only possible through Love. They do not come back to exact revenge. They are fulfilled and safe in the spiritual realm. I believe that distressed spirits are received on the other side with loving, open arms and taken into a sort of rehabilitation in the spiritual realm. There is no Hell. They're rehabilitated until they're ready to reincarnate and try again. Similarly, healthy souls (no matter the manner of death) just realise how good it is to be home. They're not focused on justice or revenge. They just want their loved ones to know that they're still close. They spend however long back home before they reincarnate again and it's only then that there's a possibility they'll remember their past life and need to process an untimely or violent death.

Spirits often wait until they will not be met with sadness or grieving to reach out to their loved ones, which is why more often than not, they will not be present or active while their families are still grieving. Likewise, it's surprisingly common to hear of people seeing and hearing their loved ones in the moments before they pass away. The spirit realm knows that it's a good time to reach out and comfort them as they guide them over to the other side.

Our souls know that we would not learn what we came here to learn if we had the answers and knew what was waiting for us on the other side. None of us would want to be here. Home is just that good. In comparison, our lives here are like the blink of an eye. We came here to play with the 'physical' realm. It is tangible. We can create and manifest whatever we like once we realise our own divinity. We come here with 'soul contracts', agreeing to major life events and circumstances that will further our learning (like understanding the syllabus and requirements for passing a course).

Sometimes we need to live difficult lives in order to learn some special lessons. There is choice in this - but it is up to our souls, not our earthly physical bodies. We chose how we'd arrive and we chose how we'd leave. We chose our soul family and we swap roles with every incarnation. Our souls agree to be different characters in our lives - some will be lovers, some will be enemies. It is all for a higher purpose.

• Like 1

Tatetopa
11 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

Sometimes we need to live difficult lives in order to learn some special lessons.

Teachers sometimes reserve the difficult lessons  for the most stubborn students,  

• Like 2

lightly

I don't know anything for sure....I'm not even sure what I believe for sure...but one thing I like about beliefs is,  ya ain't gotta prove them to anyone.  

• Like 2

Jodie.Lynne
15 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

Any and all visits from the spiritual realm from those who have passed on, in my opinion, are only possible through Love

In another post, you related how you were Christian since birth, but renounced the faith for other beliefs.

Is it not fair to say that you gave up one set of unsubstantiated claims, for another? That you haven't become more rational, but have exchanged a set of beliefs for ones that "feel" better, to you?

• Like 1

jypsijemini
29 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

In another post, you related how you were Christian since birth, but renounced the faith for other beliefs.

Is it not fair to say that you gave up one set of unsubstantiated claims, for another? That you haven't become more rational, but have exchanged a set of beliefs for ones that "feel" better, to you?

Do you get off on attacking people's personal beliefs?

Where did I say that I became more rational?? Seriously, show me. I'd like to see it.

and then
On 7/21/2019 at 8:55 AM, GLCsector3295 said:

Couldn't have phrased it any better myself.  It isn't the lack of faith of others here that bothers me, that's completely their life and their choice.  It's the few here who use every discussion of it to attempt to insult believers as ignorant unibrows who are so backward as to be worthy of insulting on every occasion.  IOW, they seem to get off on being rude for rudeness sake.  Makes me wonder how they treat others in areas not affiliated to faith.  My guess is it's an ingrained part of their approach to life.  

When a discussion begins with that kind of input, it isn't worth taking part in.  

• Like 1

jypsijemini

@Jodie.Lynne It's human nature to want to understand the world. And frankly, all claims are literally unsubstantiated unless you're in that field and can prove the science or evidence for yourself. You're just basing beliefs on hearsay if you believe in science, too. "But the scientist wrote it down! He must be telling the truth! It comes from a reputable source!" - doesn't mean what they're saying is always true.

It's the same with my beliefs. I've done what I can to find enough similar claims from many sources to create my new understanding of what we might be here for. Claims that agree with and reflect each other in a way that makes me think "Hang on, there might be something to this." Reincarnation claims from all over the world - and the doctors who claim to have investigated the validity of those claims and claim to be able to prove that they relate back to people who have died.

At the end of the day, I realised that I couldn't prove diddly squat, and honestly, neither can most people. "Carbon dating says" and all that crap is just based off a belief that 1. The science is accurate and 2. The reports are accurate. If this is true for you, good on ya! I hope it brings love, joy, peace and compassion into your life. And if you've got to believe in something, whether it be Christianity or the Flying Spaghetti Monster - then you do you. Each to their own.

And if it makes you feel better to scour these forums looking for people who have belief systems that oppose yours, just so you can challenge them - fine. You do you. I hope it makes you happy. But just remember that your beliefs are based off of other people's words most of the time too ;)

• Like 1

jypsijemini
3 hours ago, lightly said:

I don't know anything for sure....I'm not even sure what I believe for sure...but one thing I like about beliefs is,  ya ain't gotta prove them to anyone.  

I just wanted to see this said again because it's SO true!!

• Like 1

onlookerofmayhem
4 hours ago, lightly said:

No you don't have to prove them. 

But when you choose to come on a discussion forum and proclaim x, y or z about any given topic, you should be prepared for people that disagree to respond.

The OP asks a specific question, "Is it true or have we all been fooled(?)"

Surely you dont expect a cacophony of identical answers.

As for your over generalization of the forum :

24 minutes ago, and then said:

It isn't the lack of faith of others here that bothers me, that's completely their life and their choice.  It's the few here who use every discussion of it to attempt to insult believers as ignorant unibrows who are so backward as to be worthy of insulting on every occasion.  IOW, they seem to get off on being rude for rudeness sake.  Makes me wonder how they treat others in areas not affiliated to faith.  My guess is it's an ingrained part of their approach to life.  

While I agree that there are some posters who are more abrasive, insulting and rude, it most definitely is from both sides of any debate on here.

It doesn't happen every time. A lot, yes. But over the years I've read 100s of great discussions. 

It's your choice to be a part of the forum. Asking about how other people may act in the real world as opposed to on here? Pure speculation. Trying to paint someone who rubs you the wrong way as what? A horrible person?

I don't go up to strangers and discuss personally held ideas, beliefs or experiences with them. It's kind of like standing on a soapbox on the corner and yelling your beliefs to everyone. Some are going to disagree. AND tell you about it. But in my personal life, I will openly discuss anything if the other person is willing to have a civilized talk

I don't want to yell, scream and insult someone who has different beliefs than me. I would like to hear and discuss those differences. Even, if as usual, it comes to a stalemate. (Just like on here.) At least there may be some food for thought.

Same reason I come on here. To be exposed to different ways of thinking. It's hard to grow when you are in a circle of people that agree with you on everything.

If you don't want to be questioned, then don't put anything on the internet where the whole world can see it. 

• Like 1

Jodie.Lynne
3 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

Do you get off on attacking people's personal beliefs?

Attacking? What did I say that constitutes an attack? You had a set of beliefs, they didn't make sense, to you, so you gave them up.

Then, you adopted another set of beliefs, that apparently, sit better with you.

If it works for you, enjoy.

jypsijemini
2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Attacking? What did I say that constitutes an attack? You had a set of beliefs, they didn't make sense, to you, so you gave them up.

Then, you adopted another set of beliefs, that apparently, sit better with you.

If it works for you, enjoy.

My bad then, hard to understand tone and intention when limited to written words. My apologies.

Thank you for taking the time to reiterate and help me understand where you're coming from.

• Like 1