Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Paul1

Is it all true or have we been fooled.

114 posts in this topic

Manwon Lender
On 5/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, Paul1 said:

I swear on my daughter that these are the facts and that's how it happened.

It doesn't matter what others beleive or disbelieve, you know what's happening and that's all that matters.

Hope you find peace.

Rlyeh
11 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I am not sure if this thread is focusing on God, or faith in general or maybe both. If it is a general frame of mind on either, I am in the category of it all has to be true. My life has had too many hardships that should of ended my life a long time ago. An I still struggle to survive daily. I have a loving family that keeps me going and I attribute my family to God.   An while there are terrible things in the world all the time, that for an all powerful God, should take but the blink of an eye to prevent or repair and seems to take his sweet time in fixing anything if ever, I still have to hold on to the hope that in the end God is real, and is love and wants the best for me and everyone.

I can easily find reasons to say it is all false but if I did,  if I give up the last bit of will I have to live, and if it turned out everything was false, what ever everything is. Then there is for me just no reason to be a good person. there is no reason to care about anyone or anything if it is all just a crock.  Going to jail, prison, death row, getting my teeth knocked in from being a terrible person,  is not a deterrent but just a consequence .  

I'd rather live in poverty and misery, and be a good, decent person to the best of my ability and make it to Heaven or God or whatever anyone wants to call it, than be a scum bag, or a self centered egotistical person my entire life with only money and and some bs legacy to leave behind for some other sap to go, hmmm wonder who this person is on this plaque  as they pass by the building it is attached to, an in the end could care less, and then we all go to worm food after life is over.

Isn't it funny believers attribute good and happiness to a blood thirsty slave master?

• Haha 1

GLCsector3295
9 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Isn't it funny believers attribute good and happiness to a blood thirsty slave master?

funny to you perhaps, if that is what you consider God to be.

You are going to be hard pressed to convince rational people of faith that point of view let alone any person of any religion that has even the smallest amount of good faith in God.

If you don't believe in God,  that is fine, plenty of people don't, plenty of people are agnostic , nothing wrong with that,  but there really is no need to be an immature,ignorant,snarky ass to people of any faith or belief in what ever it is they believe in just because one has their own reasons for not believing.

You would of been better off just saying, I personally don't believe in any of this and then stated why. Now I could careless what you believe or why and wont be bothered with you any more.

Jodie.Lynne
14 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Which god do you believe in?

If it is the Judeo-Christian one, then his biography tells the tale of his bloodthirstiness. 

XenoFish
27 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Well, since god is only an idea then all we have are what people believe their imaginary friend to be.

You are going to be hard pressed to convince rational people of faith that point of view let alone any person of any religion that has even the smallest amount of good faith in God.

Having faith in an imaginary god is rational.....?

If you don't believe in God,  that is fine, plenty of people don't, plenty of people are agnostic , nothing wrong with that,  but there really is no need to be an immature,ignorant,snarky ass to people of any faith or belief in what ever it is they believe in just because one has their own reasons for not believing.

I don't believe in any god/s/ess's at all. I'm more concerned with the ignorant stupidity people do because of their belief in god/s/ess's.

You would of been better off just saying, I personally don't believe in any of this and then stated why. Now I could careless what you believe or why and wont be bothered with you any more.

I do not believe in any of this as it's just another coping mechanism designed to either control people or to deal with the crushing reality of death. 

• Like 3

GLCsector3295
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

another immature person to add mute. either you were responding to me, or the other person i muted, you realized i muted and were posting his response to me.

either way you two, are two peas in a pod an can have each other. 

try growing up and being mature sometime. 

Jodie.Lynne

Ah, the light begins to shine. And what it reveals is not pleasant. :(

• Like 2

XenoFish
27 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

another immature person to add mute. either you were responding to me, or the other person i muted, you realized i muted and were posting his response to me.

I posted my own response to you and if you can't handle criticism, then mute/ignore everyone. Since you don't want your bubble burst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jodie.Lynne
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I posted my own response to you and if you can't handle criticism, then mute/ignore everyone. Since you don't want your bubble burst.

Isn't it just awful, how some people have the nerve to disagree on things?

It's so much easier when you silence the voice of dissent.

• Haha 1

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I honestly don't care. I suspect I'm on a lot of ignore list. People want echo chambers to reinforce their beliefs, because being right feels better than being wrong. Even if what they believe is flawed to begin with. 

• Like 1

Rlyeh
1 hour ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Funny as in ironic.  The "Word of God" shows what God is, a blood thirsty monster. 

Rational people of faith... that's an oxymoron.

Christian apologists will happily defend murder, rape, slavery, etc. if it means defending God.

I just thought it was amusing that people of faith derive their "good" from something so vile and evil.

• Like 3

GLCsector3295
2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

it is one thing to disagree it is another to just be a complete  immature tool.

XenoFish
11 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Matter of opinion and opinions don't matter.

• Like 1

Jodie.Lynne
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I guess it depends on your POV.

ETA: For example, what do you define as "a complete immature tool"?

Way off Topic: I have 5 people on ignore here. NOT because they and I disagree, or have different opinions, but because they either add nothing of value to a conversation (and take a 1000 words to say nothing), or because their posts are so off-the-wall woo-sense, that they actually cause me to have brain cell death.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your forum life, but you are relatively new, and some of us have been here for a long time, going over the same ground. It isn't that anyone is being hostile to you, but that everyone has their own style to the discussions. For myself, I try not to come off as too dismissive (for the most part), but my sense of humour often rubs people the wrong way.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1