Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Pyramid Babineau Theory

The Great Pyramid. A Theory by Lloyd and Brian Babineau

The lake [Moeris] shows for itself; for almost in the middle of it

stand two pyramids”

-Herodotus, 5th century BC.

“Now the king in

excavating it [Lake Moeris] left a spot in the centre, where he built a

tomb and two pyramids, a stade in height”

-Diodorus, 1st century BC.Because Lake Moeris is over 50 miles away from the GreatPyramid (GP), quotes like these have long been misinterpreted. As youread our theory, you will see how these quotes, and many others, helpreveal the true meaning behind this ancient wonder. By using thesequotes, as well as physical evidence, we have been able to connect allcomponents in and around the Great Pyramid, including the rarelymentioned granite slab lying in the grotto, to formulate a completelylogical, fact-based solution to this mystery

https://www.academia.edu/39143820/The_Great_Pyramid_Babineau_Theory?email_work_card=view-paper

They need to recheck the elevations.  They're on the right track but even if the Egyptians could have constructed a pipeline (they couldn't), the water wouldn't have flowed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I just stumbled on this but it suffers the same problem; elevations.

http://egyptology.tutatuta.com/docs/message-great-pyramid.htm

It's curious how most of the new theories about construction  involve;

1.,= A motive force

2.,= Water

3.,= Counterweight

Nothing is more full of woo than reality itself.  

Edited by cladking
  • Confused 1

I should also add that Lake Moeris is the site of Amenenhat III's pyramid and at least one obelisk.

Lake_Moeris.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey @cladking regarding the checking of elevations, we are actually going to Giza later this year to do that and will update everyone when we do. Also I'm curious if you've read the entire theory. The Lake is 50 miles up river, so it's not inconceivable that the elevation of it would be somewhere around that of the Grand Gallery. Regarding the blocks being moved, we show how the blocks could easily be moved to the foundation for building. We also have a video showing how they would have been raised after this point, there are errors in the videos but in our third one we raise a 2000 pound block 6 inches in less than a minute. 

Hello @Kenemet we address the fact that Herodotus and Diodorus we're alive thousands of years after it was built. We talk about the translational issues because of that, and this theory was able to make sense of their writings for the first time without attributing it to constellations. Regarding the size of the Chambers in the pyramid, that has little relevance to allowing water to flow through it. For example, an Olympic size swimming pool can be drained with a garden hose given enough time. We would encourage you to read the entire theory or you might not fully understand or what we are saying. 

Are you schizophrenic or just use the royal we for ****s and giggles?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

15 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

If you read the theory you would see it is by Lloyd and Brian Babineau, hence the "we". Would you feel better if I said, My father and I address the fact that Herodotus and Diodorus we're alive thousands of years after the pyramid was made? If you have any real criticism regarding the theory, please let us know. 

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

"We" couldn't help but notice you referenced your thoughts in past tense, does that mean you no longer think what he commented is correct.

(Tried to put an emoji so you knew this wasn't rude but it wouldn't let me)

12 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

"We" couldn't help but notice you referenced your thoughts in past tense, does that mean you no longer think what he commented is correct.

I'm revising our library and adding new books so I was no longer thinking it.  I was thinking about Jay Custer instead.  :yes:

......By the way. What is the "We"? Do you have a chipmunk in your pocket watching you type?  :lol:

17 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

If you read the theory you would see it is by Lloyd and Brian Babineau, hence the "we". Would you feel better if I said, My father and I address the fact that Herodotus and Diodorus we're alive thousands of years after the pyramid was made? If you have any real criticism regarding the theory, please let us know. 

I don’t see anything in this theory to address at all’ particularly after Kenemet ripped it apart. 

Also, were doesn’t have any apostrophes. I’d expect serious academics working in English to be aware of that. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I don’t see anything in this theory to address at all’ particularly after Kenemet ripped it apart. 

Also, were doesn’t have any apostrophes. I’d expect serious academics working in English to be aware of that. 

—Jaylemurph 

You're right about the apostrophe, that was a typo on my part. Good job catching it! As far as Kenemet goes, he admitted to only reading "the first few pages". His concerns were addressed later in our paper, and we replied to his comment addressing them as well. It's obvious you didn't read this paper, but we do have one you might be interested in. The title of it is, "Grammar Nazis: pointless critiques and a compulsion to troll with a lack of substantive replies". 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

As far as Kenemet goes, he admitted

She :yes:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

"Grammar Nazis: pointless critiques and a compulsion to troll with a lack of substantive replies". 

Required reading when learning to grade student's papers. It's also part of the "peer reviewed" process. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brianbabs56 said:

Hey @cladking regarding the checking of elevations, we are actually going to Giza later this year to do that and will update everyone when we do. Also I'm curious if you've read the entire theory. The Lake is 50 miles up river, so it's not inconceivable that the elevation of it would be somewhere around that of the Grand Gallery. Regarding the blocks being moved, we show how the blocks could easily be moved to the foundation for building. We also have a video showing how they would have been raised after this point, there are errors in the videos but in our third one we raise a 2000 pound block 6 inches in less than a minute. 

Actually it IS inconceivable as the surface elevation of Lake Moeris is 43 meters/140 feet BELOW sea level while the elevation of the Giza Plateau at the GPs base is circa 200 feet ABOVE sea level with the Grand Gallery above that.

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Actually it IS inconceivable as the surface elevation of Lake Moeris is 43 meters/140 feet BELOW sea level while the elevation of the Giza Plateau at the GPs base is circa 200 feet ABOVE sea level with the Grand Gallery above that.

cormac

That's actually very interesting! Thanks you for a substantive response. We weren't sure about the elevations, and that is why we are going to test them for ourselves later this year. It just seems odd that Lake Moeris would be lower than the Pyramid seeing as it is 50 miles upriver and water flows downhill. Where did you find these elevations?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

That's actually very interesting! Thanks you for a substantive response. We weren't sure about the elevations, and that is why we are going to test them for ourselves later this year. It just seems odd that Lake Moeris would be lower than the Pyramid seeing as it is 50 miles upriver and water flows downhill. Where did you find these elevations?

You can find them practically everywhere, including Wikipedia or Google Earth. 

I'm not going to disect your paper, but I WILL point out that the statement in it, to whit;  "A never before considered method of transporting the blocks uphill across three miles of desert between the Nile and the foot of the GP for construction." is most definitely WRONG. As has been known for quite some time during the GPs construction the Nile flowed within 1/2 mile of the Great Pyramid, which means it ran only @ 1/6th the distance away that your paper claims. 

Source:  The Nile on the move PDF (December 12, 2008)

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I'm not going to disect your paper, but I WILL point out that the statement in it, to whit;  "A never before considered method of transporting the blocks uphill across three miles of desert between the Nile and the foot of the GP for construction." is most definitely WRONG. As has been known for quite some time during the GPs construction the Nile flowed within 1/2 mile of the Great Pyramid, which means it ran only @ 1/6th the distance away that your paper claims. 

cormac

That and the quarries for the majority of the core stones are on the Giza plateau itself. The map also shows were the harbors were at the time of construction.

9i1g0CL.gif

Merer's diary explain at least how some of the Tura limestone used for Clading was moved too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_Merer

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

We have found those elevations as well and they don't make any sense, the Nile flows into the sea, there is no way the lake can be below Sea level. Those elevations might be talking about Lake Qur'an. Regardless, we will keep our readers updated when we go. And the 3 miles might be wrong, but you have to admit that there is still a mystery as to how the blocks were moved through the desert after they left the Nile, 1/2 mile or 3 miles. 

4 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

We have found those elevations as well and they don't make any sense, the Nile flows into the sea, there is no way the lake can be below Sea level. Those elevations might be talking about Lake Qur'an. Regardless, we will keep our readers updated when we go. And the 3 miles might be wrong, but you have to admit that there is still a mystery as to how the blocks were moved through the desert after they left the Nile, 1/2 mile or 3 miles. 

Why do you believe they didn't use he limestone from the Giza plateau itself? They also incorporated the hills already there into the structures.

vgGAqDG.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

That's the fault of your understanding of the situation IMO. Lake Moeris was NATURALLY created in prehistoric times when the Nile's course, as we now know it, was vastly different than todays. During early historic times it was ARTIFICIALLY expanded by Egyptian pharaoh's to serve their specific agenda/s and DOES NOT rely on the Nile's flow from east of Lake Moeris to the Delta. Your understanding of the regional topography/geography is fundamentally flawed if you don't already know this. 

cormac

• Like 4

If the lake isn’t below sea level, why did they build all those dykes?

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

A better one for the Babineau's would be "if lakes cannot be below sea level then explain the Dead Sea".

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1