Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Pyramid Babineau Theory

Gravity fed water DOESN’T run uphill from a lower source point to a higher destination. :rolleyes:

cormac

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I know. Was hoping he was willing to pull his foot out of his mouth though. There’s really no excuse for doing no reasonable amount of verifiable research BEFORE writing up his speculation. 

cormac

Alright, it's clear everyone is getting heated, so here's the deal. We are going to test elevations this year. If we are wrong, we will gladly post again saying that our "theory" is wrong or that certain elements of it are wrong. In the meantime, we have sent an email to Fayum University for help from someone that has a deep understanding of the Great Pyramid and the Chambers within it.  

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

...sorry but there is no pipe from the lake there. It's an unfinished passage that ends in rock. I think someone would have noted if there was a pipe there or something full of debris.

What I was looking for before but found only now:

This is the end of the 'dead end passage' that starts in the subterranean chamber. Looks like a, ah dead end and not the opening/ending of a pipeline. By the way is there any sign of this tunnel elsewhere?

tour_50.jpg

http://www.gizapyramid.com/newtour6.htm

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Brianbabs56 said:

Alright, it's clear everyone is getting heated, so here's the deal. We are going to test elevations this year. If we are wrong, we will gladly post again saying that our "theory" is wrong or that certain elements of it are wrong. In the meantime, we have sent an email to Fayum University for help from someone that has a deep understanding of the Great Pyramid and the Chambers within it.  

Why would you hope there is someone there with that specialty? Only a tiny percentage of Egyptologists work at Giza - a small percentage less than 1%. Their specialty would be the Fayum area - but you might get lucky. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

You should have seen my thesis advisors (particularly when I tried to trot in the math!)

I think I told you long ago that 'they' decided they would make me into a 'settler'. Someone who would go into collections of papers and publish what was found there. In the 70's bunches of archaeologists were dying unexpectedly AND their assistants wanted to do their own research instead of publishing the big guys/gals materials. So they tried to drive me there - to fill that need. I ended up getting an MLS and MA at the same time - gads....in the end I did get to the Middle East and did my thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brianbabs56 said:

How are YOU more qualified to know the elevations of the Faiyum area and Giza Plateau than the many experts who have already determined that Lake Moeris is/was LOWER than the base of the Great Pyramid as well as its entrance?

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

What I was looking for before but found only now:

This is the end of the 'dead end passage' that starts in the subterranean chamber. Looks like a, ah dead end and not the opening/ending of a pipeline. By the way is there any sign of this tunnel elsewhere?

tour_50.jpg

http://www.gizapyramid.com/newtour6.htm

The Edgar brothers measured the subterranean chamber and noted the blind end.  Caviglia excavated in the pit.  The subterranean chamber is interesting, but what you see is what you get. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brianbabs56 said:

I suppose relatives would have been better wording there. And we read your posts, thank you for taking the time to look at our paper. It is true, we are not scholars and have clearly not written something that can withstand a high level of grammar edits and such. That doesn't mean the items we have listed aren't there, just because we don't site a source as evidence for a moat doesn't mean it's not there.

Yes, it probably means it's not there.  Your "40 feet" encompasses the temple of Khufu (which has inscriptions and which you've conveniently ignored) and the mastaba tombs are also within that limit, depending on where you set the outer perimeter of the casing, leaving no room for a "low wall" (of which there is no evidence.)  

Plus, the water would ruin a lot of things, including the boats in the boat pits.  No evidence means "it's not there."  

We wrote this paper under the assumption that an egyptologist would read it and already have an understanding that these items exist. Th

Oh, an Egyptologist would be even harsher than I've been, particularly about the property ownership, ceremonies, etc... and they'd cite a number of hieroglyphic texts to prove their point.  They'd also point out all the features that you haven't accounted for. 

@Hanslune has archaeological field experience and you've seen what happens when a real archaeologist takes a look at your ideas.  A real Egyptologist would shred it quite a bit more than he has.

e concept of our "blog post" is simple, and something that Egyptians would have been able to understand and accomplish,

You haven't shown that they were capable of constructing long distance pipelines

the only 2 things holding us back are the pipeline being blocked off, and the elevations which we are looking into. Any hydrologist today, if those two items are as we say, would admit that the components of the pyramid could work exactly as we say.

You haven't shown evidence of anything in your essay.  And we'd be interested to hear from a hydrologist.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Megaro said:

The Edgar brothers measured the subterranean chamber and noted the blind end.  Caviglia excavated in the pit.  The subterranean chamber is interesting, but what you see is what you get. 

One gets rough unfinished underground limestone in a 360 degree arc!

• Like 3

On 5/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Kenemet said:

* "Transporting the blocks for building" - Lack of understanding of the features on Giza and lack of  reading about where the quarries are located and how we know this is the source of the limestone.

For instance, the paper's authors might find Klemm & Klemm to be informative on these points.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1