Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

The more I experience odd things myself and the more I hear of other people experiencing them the more I come to realise that current physics isn't the final say on things. Mind you, I notice that sceptics are quick to point out there is no evidence for this stuff. Yet there is. We all have odd experiences including them. The difference is they devalue theirs as meaning anything but a challenge to their rigid worldview.

We assume the past is fixed, but its just an assumption.

Well said. 

54 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The more I experience odd things myself and the more I hear of other people experiencing them the more I come to realise that current physics isn't the final say on things. Mind you, I notice that sceptics are quick to point out there is no evidence for this stuff. Yet there is. We all have odd experiences including them. The difference is they devalue theirs as meaning anything but a challenge to their rigid worldview.

You actually reading the scientific papers that you mistakenly believe support your hallucinations is a far greater challenge.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, Desertrat56 said:

If this is in the wrong catagory, Please move it.  Maybe it goes in the Urban legends category.

My friend brought up a theory that is going around about CERN causing a shift in the timeline.  We had a discussion about it and I am not convinced because 1. before Cern was even a thing people have talked about time line shifts 2. the examples used to "prove" it are weak.

One example is the phrase from the movie Field of Dreams where someone tells the main actor "If you build it he will come."  For some reason a lot of people remember the line as "If you build it they will come."  which does not make sense in the context of the movie.  The guy is feeling bad about the death of his dad and can't let it go.  That is the main theme of the movie.  Another one is people remembering Nelson Mandela dying in prison.  I don't remember that, and I had never heard of that until she brought it up.  I can't remember any of the other examples.  My take on it is that we could be experiencing time shifts but not the whole planet, because if it was the whole planet everyone would remember the same things and no one would ever think of a time shift.  So, if it happens it must be small groups or individuals that experience it.  That is not to say I buy it, just consider the possibility.  I have experiences in my mind that make me know that we fool ourselves with our memory and some things that are not important I forget, other things that I remember incorrectly are based on my bias.  For example "If you build it they will come" being the way people remember it probably indicates they were not paying attention to the movie, and were thinking about something else so that in the end when all the dead baseball players showed up they though it was "they" instead of "he".

When I was 4 or 5 I used to watch a show every week called the Danny Kaye show.  I loved Danny Kaye and when the show was canceled I was so young I thought it was because Danny Kaye died.  I thouoght for years that he was dead until he was a guest on another show when I was a teenager.  It was a shock to me but I got over it.

So, has anyone else heard of the "Mandala effect"?

P.S.  I would love it if someone has an example that is not weak.

Yes i have seen mamy clearcut examples of mamdela effects and subscribe to the possibility of this theory. Have you seen any of the explanations by the kid im trying to remember his name but there is a 12 year old that makes videos which explain this event quite well, his name is max laughlin or something look it up.

Also it all began in 2012 when cern fired up, there are actually quite a bit of odd statements from cern at the time which might confirm your claims if you dig.

Also i read berenstein bears growing up, and and shocked by the changes in popular movies. Not long ago the foodmax logo by my house changed and they claimed it didnt but they added weird characters. Ive seen a great deal of logos change amidst claims they havent. Its everywhere ypu have to be really unobservant or oblivious not to have noticed any. I also used to drink maddog 2020 which was supposedly never called that now. Blew my mind when i dug out old books and the name BerenStain was on them... Looking all foreign. Yes its like reality actually shifted and thats when i realized something most people dont notice. The nature of reality is more fluid than you might think. Been seeing it ever since.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe I am one of the experiencers of the Berenstain/Berenstein Mandela Effect. I just wanted to say that the books today can't be used as evidence against this Effect. The believers know all the books now say Berenstain.

When you say 'The name was always Berenstain' you are only stating your own personal experience. Others  may have had different experiences.

Exactly, so who jumped timelines?  My friend has the books from the 60's and the name is Berenstain on those old books.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Exactly, so who jumped timelines?  My friend has the books from the 60's and the name is Berenstain on those old books.

Here's what you are not understanding. Even calling it a timeline jump is already making assumptions that may or  may not be true. 

Even the believers in this Mandela Effect know that ALL books today say Berenstain. BUT we are saying in the past  we saw the books showing Berenstein every time. How can that be, you rightly ask? We don't know and call the Mandela Effect a mind-blowing mystery at this time.

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How about people's memories are just faulty. It's no mystery. 

I would add that suggestion has a lot to do with it as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

I would add that suggestion has a lot to do with it as well.

In the case of written things, typos happen. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Here's what you are not understanding. Even calling it a timeline jump is already making assumptions that may or  may not be true. 

Even the believers in this Mandela Effect know that ALL books today say Berenstain. BUT we are saying in the past  we saw the books showing Berenstein every time. How can that be, you rightly ask? We don't know and call the Mandela Effect a mind-blowing mystery at this time.

I agree, calling it a timeline jump makes assumptions that it is possible, that any timeline we live in as a group consciousness is one of many timelines.  I am not sure I agree that is possible.  What I see in the assumption is that everyone on a timeline gets shifted to a new timeline for what ever reason, not CERN, as this has been discussed and examples presented long before CERN was even built.  I don't think it is so simplistic.  Not everyone jumps or shifts to a new consciousness at the same time, together or even at all.  I think time is not what we think it is and all we can do is play mind games about the possibilities.  Experience is subjective, not objective.  I never remember those books being called the Berenstien or Berenstein books, I always remember them as Berenstain.  And because of language bias I suspect many people mispronounced the name from the beginning, which causes a memory that the name was spelled differently when in fact it never was.  I consider that example a weak example because it can be explained.  I think your other example was less weak as you concentrated and the screen changed over and over.  If someone else had experienced that as well it would be a stronger example.  And maybe that example would have nothing to do with timelines.

I can't help but think this "mandela effect" is no different from losing one's car keys. Yep, you'll swear they were on the kitchen counter. But in reality you left them on the nightstand.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I can't help but think this "mandela effect" is no different from losing one's car keys. Yep, you'll swear they were on the kitchen counter. But in reality you left them on the nightstand.

Or in the freezer.  :P  That's where I found mine once and there only two explanations I could come up with of how they got there, 1. I was crazy, 2. my daughter was gas lighting me.  But there are other things that I have no explanation for so it is outside my realm of experience or understanding and therefor, "paranormal".  I once lost a CD on my desk, which I kept orderly at that time, for 6 weeks I could not find it, then I came home from work one day and it was sitting in the spot I had kept it.  So, did someone come into my apartment and "borrow" it for 6 weeks or was there some kind of dimensional shift that took it out of my reality for 6 weeks?  I had a dog and there would have been evidence if someone came in to my apartment while I was gone.

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Or in the freezer.  :P  That's where I found mine once and there only two explanations I could come up with of how they got there, 1. I was crazy, 2. my daughter was gas lighting me.  But there are other things that I have no explanation for so it is outside my realm of experience or understanding and therefor, "paranormal".  I once lost a CD on my desk, which I kept orderly at that time, for 6 weeks I could not find it, then I came home from work one day and it was sitting in the spot I had kept it.  So, did someone come into my apartment and "borrow" it for 6 weeks or was there some kind of dimensional shift that took it out of my reality for 6 weeks?  I had a dog and there would have been evidence if someone came in to my apartment while I was gone.

In regards to anything mysterious like that do what I do. Toss it into the "weird **** folder" because you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out. 

I personally don't understand the thought process behind taking all of this type of stuff so serious. Be curious, sure, but serious, nope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I once lost a cell phone for 3 days only to discover i had put it in the freezer. I let it thaw out and it worked just fine afterwards. I have no idea when, how or why I put it in there.

TV remote in the bathroom. Thought I had left it on top of the entertainment center. Keys are my worst nightmare, same for my wallet.<_<

• Haha 1

The Berenstain vs Berenstien to me is just pronunciation was done incorrectly by a lot of people and it just stuck in people's memories and went from there, since that pronunciation is an easy mistake to make. I'd never heard of the Mandela Effect until that X Files reboot a couple years ago had an episode about it. I think memory is not infallible but who knows on a quantum time level if there aren't gravitational waves that create a burp in the system. I've never experienced an inconsistent event ever but not opposed to the possibility. I do think in Field of Dreams they say both, when he's asleep it's "they" and later it's "he" but I'd have to watch it again. That one is easy to explain to as he gets the voices it's the team that comes first then his Dad. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

How about people's memories are just faulty. It's no mystery. 

Nah, let everyone think they have 100% perfect recall - they're easier to con then :D 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

TV remote in the bathroom. Thought I had left it on top of the entertainment center. Keys are my worst nightmare, same for my wallet.<_<

That's why I leave my keys and wallet right in the cup holder of my truck. :)

51 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's why I leave my keys and wallet right in the cup holder of my truck. :)

I hope no one eer steals your truck.

We could take a more conspiratorial approach to the Mandela Effect and consider whether what is occurring is some sort of manifestation of Orwellian style re-writing of history a la "those who control the present, control the past, and those who control the past control the future".  Basically if you own the archives of things, you have the ability to tamper with the past.  The point of this is to introduce an alternative proposition to the notion that the only answer for the Mandela Effect is something going subtly wrong with time lines.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I hope no one eer steals your truck.

I have a fail proof system for that. :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Piney said:

I have a fail proof system for that. :)

Is it a rattlesnake in the floor boards?

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Is it a rattlesnake in the floor boards?

Naw, went two doors down to where a group of dopefiend Harley pussies hang out front. Grabbed the biggest one by the back of the head, slammed it on the hood of one of the cars and said. "Anything happens to this truck, I'm coming for you. I don't care who did it or stole from it, I'm coming for you". 

They keep their eye on it at all times. :yes:

Edited by Piney
  • Haha 2

The quantity, quality, and consistency of data on the Mandela effect shows that the idea that Mandela died happened in different ways and times suggesting bad memories.

Pretending that different people have different experiences is really saying bad memories.

The idea that people can detect so-called time slips by their memories is incorrect. Memories are reconstructed. Memories are plastic. They change over time as already pointed out in this thread. Memories cannot be used as a gold standard. That is an illusion a few people subscribe to that leads them down a path of mistakes.

The term scientism was made up by those with a failed position that want to pretend that their lack of evidence and their inability to be creative like scientists trying to understand the world is on a par with real science. It simply isn't. Science studies many temporary experiences. It studies neutrinos which rarely interact with matter. It studies acupuncture in double blinded experiments. Science studies meteors. Science studies earthquakes. These can all be short lived and temporary events.

Science does have a hard time studying the things that do not exist such as psi or whatever. Just because people believe in things that do not exist does not cause these nonexistent things to manifest.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Piney said:

Naw, went two doors down to where a group of dopefiend Harley pussies hang out front. Grabbed the biggest one by the back of the head, slammed it on the hood of one of the cars and said. "Anything happens to this truck, I'm coming for you. I don't care who did it or stole from it, I'm coming for you". 

They keep their eye on it at all times. :yes:

Are you the protagonist in a cheesy 80's action movie?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Are you the protagonist in a cheesy 80's action movie?

Rumor has it. Piney beat Chuck Norris in an arm wrestling match. Twice. Using only his pinky finger.

• Haha 3