Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

16 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Are you the protagonist in a cheesy 80's action movie?

No, I hate bikers. Always have, because they sold my mother her dope and gained quite a reputation in prison, cowboying in South Dakota and Nebraska and at powwows beating them into hamburger. 

• Like 1

On 19.5.2019 at 5:32 PM, papageorge1 said:

That statement is like someone saying 'Ghosts are not real'. It is just one opinion stated as a fact. I hold the  Mandela Effect to be  real and this is a subject of considerable interest to me.

Oh georgie, you are as predictable as rain i October. If it's far out, you will defend it!

But you are off your territory with this one. The Mandela effect is based on the many worlds hypothesis - which in itself is a very weak hypothesis. It depends on another weak hypothesis called super determinism.
So you are standing with a double weak hypothesis, but it gets worse! The Mandela effect violates the laws of physics by mixing separated (hypothetical) realities. Realities, that in hypo-theory, are separated by frequencies that cannot be changed spontaneously.

Who's in charge of running all these realities and changing the frequencies (just to confuse us!) ?? God?

Well, if it is God, then he has a new title to his resume, besides homicidal egomaniac, friendly advisor and cosmic santa claus. He's also an IT nerd!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Oh georgie, you are as predictable as rain i October. 

Oh nerdie, you are as predictable as rain in October.

32 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

But you are off your territory with this one. The Mandela effect is based on the many worlds hypothesis - which in itself is a very weak hypothesis. It depends on another weak hypothesis called super determinism.
So you are standing with a double weak hypothesis, but it gets worse! The Mandela effect violates the laws of physics by mixing separated (hypothetical) realities. Realities, that in hypo-theory, are separated by frequencies that cannot be changed spontaneously.

Who's in charge of running all these realities and changing the frequencies (just to confuse us!) ?? God?

Well, if it is God, then he has a new title to his resume, besides homicidal egomaniac, friendly advisor and cosmic santa claus. He's also an IT nerd!

Apparently, it is you outside your territory on this one. The Mandela Effect is about having memories at odds with the current reality. That's it!

The causes are unknown and controversial with multiple theories out there.

I personally lean to the idea that reality is a creation of consciousness.

Edited by papageorge1

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The causes are unknown and controversial with multiple theories out there.

None of them are valid without super determinism. And that alone is silly.

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I personally lean to the idea that reality is a creation of consciousness.

Oh yeah? Whose consciousness made the first 13.7999999999 billion years then?

Just now, sci-nerd said:

None of them are valid without super determinism. And that alone is silly.

You are making too many assumptions. This water has not been charted.

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Oh yeah? Whose consciousness made the first 13.7999999999 billion years then?

In my beliefs the entire universe from beginning to end is a thought-form of Brahman/God. We are all part of the One.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You are making too many assumptions. This water has not been charted.

Assumptions based on hundreds of years of knowledge and thousands of years of philosophy.

Did you think that the Mandela effect was a purely new idea? The idea of many similar realities was formulated in 1957 by Hugh Everett. In 2010 Fiona Broome took it one leap further by making those realities mingle among individual persons. A new myth was born. A myth that defies the laws of nature, and is based on a weak hypothesis.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

In my beliefs the entire universe from beginning to end is a thought-form of Brahman/God. We are all part of the One.

Brahman is the Living Universe which we are all part of. The Chinese term is "Tian" The Heavens, In Japanese it "Amenominakanushi" "The Heart of the Universe"

It has nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian "God". 

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Assumptions based on hundreds of years of knowledge and thousands of years of philosophy.

Did you think that the Mandela effect was a purely new idea? The idea of many similar realities was formulated in 1957 by Hugh Everett. In 2010 Fiona Broome took it one leap further by making those realities mingle among individual persons. A new myth was born. A myth that defies the laws of nature, and is based on a weak hypothesis.

My opinion is that the Mandela Effect is hard to believe but it's real. Did you read my personal story earlier this thread?

The universe is not what we think it to be. It  might be plastic?

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Brahman is the Living Universe which we are all part of. The Chinese term is "Tian" The Heavens, In Japanese it "Amenominakanushi" "The Heart of the Universe"

It has nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian "God". 

Just trying to bridge terminology gaps with westerners, Piney. Brahman/Tian and that lengthy Japanese word are not going to communicate much to a western science-nerd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Did you read my personal story earlier this thread?

No, sorry. I came into this thread late.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Plastic? Honestly?

It behaves like mathematical equations. It is electric, hollow and holographic. Plastic did not hit me based on that.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

that lengthy Japanese word

Normally I have to say it about 4 times when speaking. :yes:

Just now, sci-nerd said:

It behaves like mathematical equations. It is electric, hollow and holographic. Plastic did not hit me based on that.

well with the paranormal and the Mandela Effect there must be some equations operating that we don't know about yet.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

well with the paranormal and the Mandela Effect there must be some equations operating that we don't know about yet.

Yeah, we know. It's called having a faulty memory. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Back in the days I also had some theories that I thought scientists hadn't thought of, so I went on forums and asked.

To my surprise then (not now), it turned out that everything imaginable has been thought of and tested. Multiple times.

The closest I ever came to a new idea was photon/QF energy exchange, where photons can upgrade virtual particles. But my theory was related to the cosmic acceleration, and it wasn't enough to explain it.

Edited by sci-nerd

Millennials: "I don't remember something correctly from when I was four, therefore THE UNIVERSE CHANGED, since the UNIVERSE REVOLVES AROUND ME."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can someone explain to me why a memory slip has to be "paranormal"? 

Yes! Ehh.... Sorry it slipped my mind :huh:

15 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Yes! Ehh.... Sorry it slipped my mind :huh:

Come on man. You know how this game works. We're the guys who are wrong. We don't have the ethereal woo on our side. Our minds are so infinitely tiny that we can't comprehend the woo. We must therefore give into the woo in order to expand our consciousness. The woo is our salvation. It's all paranormal from here on out.

33 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

everything imaginable has been thought of and tested. Multiple times.

I can't even imagine any real scientist agreeing with that. 

Was your great grandfather the one that wanted to close the patent office in 1892 because everything worthwhile has been invented already.

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I can't even imagine any real scientist agreeing with that. 

Was your great grandfather the one that wanted to close the patent office in 1892 because everything worthwhile has been invented already.

Not talking about inventions, dummy, but about theories and hypothesis. Everything you can possibly think of has already been thought, tried and (mostly) dismissed.

Edited by sci-nerd

10 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Not talking about inventions, dummy,

You must not understand analogies, dummy,

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You must not understand analogies, dummy,

Fair enough.

Our talk actually gave me an idea for a new conjecture about cosmic acceleration. It will probably not hold, but I absolutely love getting those ideas. So thanks for putting me on that track :tu:

Edited by sci-nerd

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My opinion is that the Mandela Effect is hard to believe but it's real. Did you read my personal story earlier this thread?

So why don't we see any evidence of this. All there are to support this are stories and those stories are  never backed up with facts.

About all we have are stories which strongly match bad memories. The more we learn about how human brains work the more we see that memories are fallible. This is just a case of evolution forming a brain that does what needs to be done. It works well enough and that is all that matters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Can someone explain to me why a memory slip has to be "paranormal"? 

Because everything is paranormal.

I have a rubber stamp that says paranormal on it. If you were within arms reach you too would have paranormal on your forehead in red letters. I smack anyone caught trying to wash it off.

• Haha 1