Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

17 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Oh georgie, you are as predictable as rain i October. If it's far out, you will defend it!

But you are off your territory with this one. The Mandela effect is based on the many worlds hypothesis - which in itself is a very weak hypothesis. It depends on another weak hypothesis called super determinism.
So you are standing with a double weak hypothesis, but it gets worse! The Mandela effect violates the laws of physics by mixing separated (hypothetical) realities. Realities, that in hypo-theory, are separated by frequencies that cannot be changed spontaneously.

Who's in charge of running all these realities and changing the frequencies (just to confuse us!) ?? God?

Well, if it is God, then he has a new title to his resume, besides homicidal egomaniac, friendly advisor and cosmic santa claus. He's also an IT nerd!

There are a number of things it could be including that.

There are experiments where quantum decoherence is reversed so in principle aspects of the past could be dissolved back to multiverse.

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The Mandela Effect is about having memories at odds with the current reality. That's it!

No, it isn't.  It's about suggestibilty

No-one has these memories until someone else plants them ;)    And every "mind reader" and confidence tricksters knows exactly how that is done!    Because really, that's all it is.  A trick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So why don't we see any evidence of this. All there are to support this are stories and those stories are  never backed up with facts.

About all we have are stories which strongly match bad memories. The more we learn about how human brains work the more we see that memories are fallible. This is just a case of evolution forming a brain that does what needs to be done. It works well enough and that is all that matters.

Haven't you ever watched any of those time travel movies where things get changed  in your present time just because you were in the past?  Jeez, it is so simple, only you or the time traveler ever know that something changed.  :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, papageorge1 said:

That statement is like someone saying 'Ghosts are not real'. It is just one opinion stated as a fact. I hold the  Mandela Effect to be  real and this is a subject of considerable interest to me.

But you have to first prove that you have a perfect memory.

If you ever got lost, couldn't remember a phone number, made less than 100% on a test, can't remember all the names of the people who lived on your street, can't recite a poem after hearing it the first time then you don't have a perfect memory.  If you don't have a perfect memory, then you can misinterpret things, forget things, and mis-remember things.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

So why don't we see any evidence of this. All there are to support this are stories and those stories are  never backed up with facts.

About all we have are stories which strongly match bad memories. The more we learn about how human brains work the more we see that memories are fallible. This is just a case of evolution forming a brain that does what needs to be done. It works well enough and that is all that matters.

Once again, all sensible believers in the Mandela Effect are well aware of common memory errors and don't deny their existence. We are arguing that there are a few cases where something more mysterious seems to be going on. Did you read my personal event earlier in this thread? I feel certain that my experience is something that can not be explained as a memory error. And I am not alone!

2 hours ago, Essan said:

No, it isn't.  It's about suggestibilty

No-one has these memories until someone else plants them ;)    And every "mind reader" and confidence tricksters knows exactly how that is done!    Because really, that's all it is.  A trick.

Certainly any serious believer in the Mandela Effect is aware of 'suggestibility' but hold that in a few cases something more mysterious seems to be occurring. Did you read my personal experience earlier in this thread? I am not alone either in the type of experience I had. I know of no conventional theory that satisfactorily explains the experiences of so many.

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Once again, all sensible believers in the Mandela Effect are well aware of common memory errors and don't deny their existence. We are arguing that there are a few cases where something more mysterious seems to be going on. Did you read my personal event earlier in this thread? I feel certain that my experience is something that can not be explained as a memory error. And I am not alone!

So you are saying that you have perfect memory recall, even long term, and you are never mistaken or hold a false belief?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

But you have to first prove that you have a perfect memory.

If you ever got lost, couldn't remember a phone number, made less than 100% on a test, can't remember all the names of the people who lived on your street, can't recite a poem after hearing it the first time then you don't have a perfect memory.  If you don't have a perfect memory, then you can misinterpret things, forget things, and mis-remember things.

As I keep repeating in this thread, all serious believers in the Mandela Effect are well aware of common memory errors but we hold that in a few rare cases something more mysterious seems to be at work. Did you read my personal experience earlier in this thread. I and so many others have experiences that we honestly believe have no satisfactory 'normal' explanation.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

As I keep repeating in this thread, all serious believers in the Mandela Effect are well aware of common memory errors but we hold that in a few rare cases something more mysterious seems to be at work. Did you read my personal experience earlier in this thread. I and so many others have experiences that we honestly believe have no satisfactory 'normal' explanation.

I did.  There's nothing particularly extraordinary about those experiences.  I have them, too, but they're not evidence of timestream jumping or anything else but normal life and a normal human brain.  

I've lost my car keys (misplaced them) any number of times.  It doesn't mean that I jumped the time stream.  I can't remember the name of the street where we lived (or the address where we lived) 30 years ago.  My husband can.  This doesn't mean that I've hopped across reality.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think some are just messing with you to see how many times you will repeat yourself.  If they don't get it, just let it be. 

Just now, Kenemet said:

I did.  There's nothing particularly extraordinary about those experiences.  I have them, too, but they're not evidence of timestream jumping or anything else but normal life and a normal human brain.  

I've lost my car keys (misplaced them) any number of times.  It doesn't mean that I jumped the time stream.  I can't remember the name of the street where we lived (or the address where we lived) 30 years ago.  My husband can.  This doesn't mean that I've hopped across reality.

I said nothing about timestream jumping. I said I believe I had an experience for which no 'normal' explanation suffices, that's all. And my experience is so like many others too. I believe what I find most reasonable to believe: That we are dealing with a real 'Unexplained Mystery'.

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think some are just messing with you to see how many times you will repeat yourself.  If they don't get it, just let it be. 

But I can't assume they are reading the posts directed to other posters. So I'll state it once per person.

Just now, XenoFish said:

What we're dealing with is faulty memories, but that's not an answer you will accept. 

I would accept it if I didn't feel it was just a best attempt at a simple explain-away by those resistant to the mysterious. I honestly believe my experience is strong evidence for me that the 'explain-away' is just that.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would accept it if I didn't feel it was just a best attempt at a simple explain-away by those resistant to the mysterious. I honestly believe my experience is strong evidence for me that the 'explain-away' is just that.

Your experience is a good example of what many of us are talking about. Memory editing, false memories, faulty memory. Every single time we remember something we edit that memory, adding newer details. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I read your statement and it reads like a memory problem. You read the material multiple times because it did not jive with your memory causing the misreadings.

You are free to pretend that your event and others are something other than human fallibility. Don't forget that your memory of the event gets modified over time. You see the paranormal everywhere and I'm sure you have a modified memory that has reinforced your personal urge to see paranormal events.

Are there "sensible believers in the Mandela Effect"? Yes, if they recognize that this is about human memory and the manner in which it operates. Those that think it is indicative of some unproven, untestable, bizarre explanation are not sensible, not even a little bit.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I like the change of wording here: "all serious believers in the Mandela Effect"

I don't see a believer int he Mandela effect as sensible. I do believe they can be serious believers.

Although this is based on your predilection for the paranormal, "we honestly believe have no satisfactory 'normal' explanation." it isn't true at all. It is all about the fallibility of human memory.  It changes over time and even over short time periods. There can be differences between short term and long term memory. This leads to confusion and what you described as your experience sounds just like a normal human confusion issue. We all have them. I certainly do.  Confusion is not paranormal. It's just the result of the tools we were born with.

• Like 2

Our brains are amazing. How they work and the things we do with them are intriguing.

We are all aware of how our visual system is prone to errors. We call instances of this optical illusions. We see size mistakes, and motion that is not there, and get colors wrong, and can't figure out if it is a vase or faces, etc.

Our memories are also prone to errors, but everyone at some point or another wants to reject their memory errors. 

• I know I left my keys on the table.
  • I know I turned the lights off last night.
  • I know my password is Baloney1
  • I know Mandela died in the 80s.
  • I'm sure that I need to search on the word <fill in the blank> because I just typed it in to the article I am writing

Memories are not recorded in our brains like a videotape or hard drive. They are reconstructed when we need them. It works, but is prone to errors.

• Like 2

We have roughly 70,000+/- thoughts per day. Do you think anyone perfectly remembers a single one of those thoughts? 

• Like 3

Tomorrow when I don't show up for work when my boss asks me why I'm going to blame it on the timeline changing and me previously being unemployed until that moment. This seems like a great way to get out of a great number of awkward/damaging situations. Like, my fiance isn't pregnant by me because we have only recently been matched in this timeline.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Your experience is a good example of what many of us are talking about. Memory editing, false memories, faulty memory. Every single time we remember something we edit that memory, adding newer details. 

Actually, in my case I was aware of that and documented that event within a couple minutes of it happening.

I am pretty seasoned at knowing what to do after decades of hearing stories analyzed. Go ahead and HaHa this but IT HAPPENED.

What you read was a paste from that day!

Edited by papageorge1

55 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I read your statement and it reads like a memory problem. You read the material multiple times because it did not jive with your memory causing the misreadings.

You are free to pretend that your event and others are something other than human fallibility. Don't forget that your memory of the event gets modified over time. You see the paranormal everywhere and I'm sure you have a modified memory that has reinforced your personal urge to see paranormal events.

Are there "sensible believers in the Mandela Effect"? Yes, if they recognize that this is about human memory and the manner in which it operates. Those that think it is indicative of some unproven, untestable, bizarre explanation are not sensible, not even a little bit.

See my reply above to Xeno as you both said essentially the same thing.

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Actually, in my case I was aware of that and documented that event within a couple minutes of it happening.

I am pretty seasoned at knowing what to do after decades of hearing stories analyzed. Go ahead and HaHa this but IT HAPPENED.

What you read was a paste from that day!

That doesn't change the fact that memory is faulty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

That doesn't change the fact that memory is faulty.

Which you have mentioned ad nauseum.  Move on.