Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Which you have mentioned ad nauseum.  Move on.

I'll keep mentioning it too. 

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That doesn't change the fact that memory is faulty.

And that point has never been disputed by anyone ever as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Except you want a paranormal reason behind it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I keep losing pens at work. I guess a ghost keeps moving it or Cern is creating timeline in which I'm not supposed to have pens?

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

I keep losing pens at work. I guess a ghost keeps moving it or Cern is creating timeline in which I'm not supposed to have pens?

Sounds like some poor reasoning right there.

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

See my reply above to Xeno as you both said essentially the same thing.

So you have no evidence. Your story is consistent with faulty memory and confusion.

Your story is as normal as they get. You claim to have written it down right after it happened. That only means you have not changed anything since your point of confusion.

• Like 1

It turns out that even those that claim to have a so-called photographic memory makes lots of mistakes when observing especially when observing short lived phenomena.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you have no evidence. Your story is consistent with faulty memory and confusion.

Your story is as normal as they get. You claim to have written it down right after it happened. That only means you have not changed anything since your point of confusion.

Why do you seem to think it was 'confusion' on my part? Pretty hard for me to get confused multiple times that badly is my position. I believe this Mandela Effect that has occurred to many is the more reasonable explanation.

I believe beyond reasonable doubt the strange does occur and it happened to me. And there it can only end each with our own position.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Why do you seem to think it was 'confusion' on my part? Pretty hard for me to get confused multiple times that badly is my position. I believe this Mandela Effect that has occurred to many is the more reasonable explanation.

I believe beyond reasonable doubt the strange does occur and it happened to me. And there it can only end each with our own position.

It's easy to make mistake as you try to reconcile what you expected with what is. You see it, you don't see  it. What is happening? Are you seeing or thinking about what you are supposed to see. This can generate a disconnect and thus confusion.

Last night I was helping mulch. The mulch was in bags. Someone lifts a bag and a beautiful small snake is there. Someone points out it is a legless lizard. One way to check i s that there are ear openings for a legless lizard and not a snake. Ooops we were wrong, no openings its a snake. Yes there are openings. Pretty confusing.

Was  it a snake or legless lizard? Did openings come and go? Did all of us capture one of these moments?

Wouldn't a time slip cause a lot of problems. I mean if someone did in fact pass into a parallel reality. Their whole life might very well be different. Friends are now enemies, loved one's dead, the deceased are still living. 

34 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It's easy to make mistake as you try to reconcile what you expected with what is. You see it, you don't see  it. What is happening? Are you seeing or thinking about what you are supposed to see. This can generate a disconnect and thus confusion.

Last night I was helping mulch. The mulch was in bags. Someone lifts a bag and a beautiful small snake is there. Someone points out it is a legless lizard. One way to check i s that there are ear openings for a legless lizard and not a snake. Ooops we were wrong, no openings its a snake. Yes there are openings. Pretty confusing.

Was  it a snake or legless lizard? Did openings come and go? Did all of us capture one of these moments?

Nothing there that changes my opinion on my incident. 

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Nothing there that changes my opinion on my incident. 

And my incident makes it abundantly clear to me that your interpretation is way off the mark because your incident was mundane - completely normal.

I might as well throw out other bizarre explanations for my incident.

• The creature was a GMO escapee from the nearby military base
  • The creature was a shape shifting alien
  • The creature was actually a legged lizard with invisible legs
  • The creature never existed and was simply a case of mass hysteria
  • The creature had an external ear opening on one side and not on the other
  • The name of the creature was a Mandela snakizard
  • The creature was a cross between a thunderbird and a bigfoot
  • There was no creature just a ghost
  • It was a fairy that did not want to be seen in its true form
  • It was a manifestation of my psi energy

All sorts of bizarre explanations of no value an be made up. I could probably go on half the night making up worthless chatter about this or that.

Some people would rather have an explanation that adds more and more dressing to a story than accept that they were confused. Some people do not want to accept their fallible memory. They'd rather pretend something happened and that their memory is correct. To avoid being confused or fallible many people make up stories that make little sense at all.

• Someone broke into my house and moved my cars keys
  • I did get my il changed regularly. Someone must have drained my oil.
  • Don't tell me I didn't pay the bill. Someone must have lost the check I sent

• I didn't misread something. The universe switched out a few letters and kept the rest of reality perfect. No shifted atoms. No strange blotches. Perfectly formed letters, but the wrong ones.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

And my incident makes it abundantly clear to me that your interpretation is way off the mark because your incident was mundane - completely normal.

I might as well throw out other bizarre explanations for my incident.

• The creature was a GMO escapee from the nearby military base
  • The creature was a shape shifting alien
  • The creature was actually a legged lizard with invisible legs
  • The creature never existed and was simply a case of mass hysteria
  • The creature had an external ear opening on one side and not on the other
  • The name of the creature was a Mandela snakizard
  • The creature was a cross between a thunderbird and a bigfoot
  • There was no creature just a ghost
  • It was a fairy that did not want to be seen in its true form
  • It was a manifestation of my psi energy

All sorts of bizarre explanations of no value an be made up. I could probably go on half the night making up worthless chatter about this or that.

But the key point is which of all the possible explanations seems most reasonable to you? And how confidant go you feel about that explanation? Any second or third explanation that strikes you as reasonably possible.

Then pull out your trusty stereometer and estimate the likely percentage of each so that the total adds to 100. 

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

• I didn't misread something. The universe switched out a few letters and kept the rest of reality perfect. No shifted atoms. No strange blotches. Perfectly formed letters, but the wrong ones.

The Papa Flintstones/Flinstone incident:

Papameter: 98% Something outside of the normal occurred      2% Papa only had a normal brain misfunction

As for how it occurred I don't know. My leading theory is that something in the universe gave me a rare push into a mystery to further my inquisitiveness into the nature of reality. These things are happening to people and some also with the very same Flintstones/Flinstones flip/flop.

Edited by papageorge1

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wouldn't a time slip cause a lot of problems. I mean if someone did in fact pass into a parallel reality. Their whole life might very well be different. Friends are now enemies, loved one's dead, the deceased are still living. 

I think that is a good question.  So far except for a few stories I have heard on podcasts, etc, the evidence is all about thoughts someone has about something they are not really related to personally like Nelson Mandela dying in prison.  I was hoping someone would have more personal examples, like papaGeorge1, who did give a personal example.  Though I am not sure what he experienced falls in the timeline jump category, I found it interesting.

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think that is a good question.  So far except for a few stories I have heard on podcasts, etc, the evidence is all about thoughts someone has about something they are not really related to personally like Nelson Mandela dying in prison.  I was hoping someone would have more personal examples, like papaGeorge1, who did give a personal example.  Though I am not sure what he experienced falls in the timeline jump category, I found it interesting.

I'm talking about a literal timeslip. If the me in this reality switched with the me in a parallel reality, life would be quite different for both of us. Different choices, different everything. 

If anything the mandela effect is probably no different that false memories and deja vu. 

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm talking about a literal timeslip. If the me in this reality switched with the me in a parallel reality, life would be quite different for both of us. Different choices, different everything. 

If anything the mandela effect is probably no different that false memories and deja vu. 

Yes.

Edited by Desertrat56

4 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

That's the point....

That fails to show how poor reasoning applies in my case.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 10:51 PM, Alchopwn said:

That is a little unfair.  For something to be evidenced in the (so-called) "traditional" ways, I can only assume refers to using the scientific method.  Now, the claims of the Mandela Effect are interesting, but the people making the claims are unable to produce a causal link as to why CERN would have altered the timeline that is anything other than absurd.  For a start the Large Hadron Collider, which is normally considered the culprit didn't start production until 1998, and was not finished until 2008, with the first experiments being done in 2010.  Now the original Mandela Broadcast was back in the 1980s, and well before the Large Hadron Collider was a "glint in a physicist's eye".  In short, the conspiracy theory can't be true.

Now that doesn't invalidate the Mandela Effect.  I have a solid memory of being sad for quite some time when I heard that Nelson Mandela had died back in 1991.  There was a story prior to this about Mandela being very sick and  admitted to the prison hospital.  I admit that I have no memory of there being an official funeral, but I can't reconcile what I saw on TV with what happened later.  I remember being shocked wheh Nelson Mandela was released from prison, as I was sure I had heard about him dying.  I shrugged it off as being bad reporting, and thought some journalist must have got it wrong.  I am not entirely prepared to dismiss the idea that South Africa badly wanted a peaceful transition away from Apartheit, and used a Nelson Mandela body double to make it happen.  I mean, what if the real Mandela died a militant in 1991, and he was replaced?  This might explain his divorce from Winnie after all that time.  I find the whole thing is suspicious, but I am not willing to settle on a single answer just yet.

I was at Tracy Chapman concert on 7 Feb 1990. Listening to her sing Freedom Now - I thought it was about Nelson Mandela. Mandela left prison four days later.

I never had this memory of Mandela dying in the eighties. I do remember a fair amount of discussion of why ZA was banned from international sport. 

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 2:30 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Or in the freezer.  :P  That's where I found mine once and there only two explanations I could come up with of how they got there, 1. I was crazy, 2. my daughter was gas lighting me.  But there are other things that I have no explanation for so it is outside my realm of experience or understanding and therefor, "paranormal".  I once lost a CD on my desk, which I kept orderly at that time, for 6 weeks I could not find it, then I came home from work one day and it was sitting in the spot I had kept it.  So, did someone come into my apartment and "borrow" it for 6 weeks or was there some kind of dimensional shift that took it out of my reality for 6 weeks?  I had a dog and there would have been evidence if someone came in to my apartment while I was gone.

Reminds me of this story...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Matter_of_Minutes

On 5/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, stereologist said:

The creature was a cross between a thunderbird and a bigfoot

We shall call him ThunderFoot. (sounds like the name of an 80's metal band.)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, stereologist said:

I didn't misread something. The universe switched out a few letters and kept the rest of reality perfect. No shifted atoms. No strange blotches. Perfectly formed letters, but the wrong ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Why do you always try to spoil things with facts?

It's my job I guess. Maybe I'm one of the few who likes to actually understand the how and why of things.:unsure:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1