Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

I found a book that I think is relevant to this thread.  The Simulation Hyposthesis by Riz Virk.   

https://www.amazon.com/Simulation-Hypothesis-Computer-Scientist-Quantum-ebook/dp/B07M81F1KG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2G8IIXS2PVZFK&keywords=the+simulation+hypothesis&qid=1558982969&s=books&sprefix=The+Simulation+Hy%2Cstripbooks%2C223&sr=1-1

MIT computer scientist and Silicon Valley video game designer Rizwan Virk, explains one of the most daring and consequential theories of our time.   Virk mentions the Madala effect and has a hypothesis that it could be "a glitch in the matrix" and he goes in to how we all have different perceptions of the same event even standing next to each other and how that can be explained.  Very interesting.

On 27/05/2019 at 7:53 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Very interesting.

But you cannot rule out simple memory failure as an option. You just can't. And with that being by far the most realistic conclusion, everything else is just a fantasy.

2 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

But you cannot rule out simple memory failure as an option. You just can't. And with that being by far the most realistic conclusion, everything else is just a fantasy.

Of course you can't rule out memory failure as an option, but it is not the Only option.  Maybe you could do some reading of books by scientists who have done experiments to prove one way or the other.  Your reasonable conclusion may or may not be valid since you don't have all the facts.

48 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Of course you can't rule out memory failure as an option, but it is not the Only option.

If any BS is an option, then Ted Bundy was innocent, aliens took control of him and made him do those crimes.

48 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe you could do some reading of books by scientists who have done experiments to prove one way or the other.  Your reasonable conclusion may or may not be valid since you don't have all the facts.

You should have no problem naming these experiments.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 4:23 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I found a book that I think is relevant to this thread.  The Simulation Hyposthesis by Riz Virk.   

https://www.amazon.com/Simulation-Hypothesis-Computer-Scientist-Quantum-ebook/dp/B07M81F1KG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2G8IIXS2PVZFK&keywords=the+simulation+hypothesis&qid=1558982969&s=books&sprefix=The+Simulation+Hy%2Cstripbooks%2C223&sr=1-1

MIT computer scientist and Silicon Valley video game designer Rizwan Virk, explains one of the most daring and consequential theories of our time.   Virk mentions the Madala effect and has a hypothesis that it could be "a glitch in the matrix" and he goes in to how we all have different perceptions of the same event even standing next to each other and how that can be explained.  Very interesting.

Haha. No, the simulation argument isn't even a hypothesis.  A scientific hypothesis needs to be verifiable, the simulation argument is not.

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Of course you can't rule out memory failure as an option, but it is not the Only option.  Maybe you could do some reading of books by scientists who have done experiments to prove one way or the other.  Your reasonable conclusion may or may not be valid since you don't have all the facts.

Yes, it is the only option. There is no scientific model for anything coming close to what you're suggesting.

On 20/05/2019 at 4:14 PM, papageorge1 said:

Human experiences analyzed for quantity, quality and consistency are one of the valid ways our reasoning skills help us understand reality.

The traditional scientific method does not work well with temporary, non-reproducible experiences. The wish to denigrate such evidence is one of the unfortunate aspects of mentality that has been called 'scientism'.

Pure handwaving. "I say science can't study this, therefore I can make it whatever I want it to be"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yes, it is the only option. There is no scientific model for anything coming close to what you're suggesting.

No scientific model that you know of.  Read up on quantum physics.  Also, science is a method of understanding mysteries, so nothing is written in stone.  The phrases "no scientific model" and "no scientific proof" are phrases uttered by people who know nothing real about science.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Pure handwaving. "I say science can't study this, therefore I can make it whatever I want it to be"

Well, I believe what I most reasonably judge from objective consideration with all things considered. The ability to do objective analysis is an important human reasoning skill. I think my way is way, way, way better than 'believe what you want'. I want to know the truth!

Edited by papageorge1

On 6/4/2019 at 10:36 AM, Desertrat56 said:

No scientific model that you know of.  Read up on quantum physics.  Also, science is a method of understanding mysteries, so nothing is written in stone.  The phrases "no scientific model" and "no scientific proof" are phrases uttered by people who know nothing real about science.

And what does quantum physics have to do with any of this? It is common for people to toss out the word quantum for no particular reason.

Please elaborate about this mention of quantum physics.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

And what does quantum physics have to do with any of this? It is common for people to toss out the word quantum for no particular reason.

Please elaborate about this mention of quantum physics.

Cern is a huge hadron collider whose main purpose is to test quantum physics theories and hypothesis.  That is what quantum physics has to do with this.  The OP post was about people thinking Cern has changed the timeline and why I think that hasn't happened.  That is what quantum physics has to do with it.  Do your own research.

I love it when quantum physics gets brought into a thread that doesn't revolve/require it. I just love it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I love it when quantum physics gets brought into a thread that doesn't revolve/require it. I just love it. 

Hilarious, isn't it, bringing in a non-answer to answer the question. Especially when the following "but it is not the Only option" isn't even a valid answer as quantum physics/mechanics doesn't present itself, nor can it be presented, as any form of an option as Virk's version of it PRESUMES AHEAD OF THE FACTS that there is a "matrix" to begin with. Pretty much attempting to push the cart before the horse, uphill, in a blizzard. :lol:

cormac

• Like 3

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Why do you think I put Cern in the title.  Because people think that quantum physics experiments have cause timeline changes.  Did you not read the OP?

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why do you think I put Cern in the title.  Because people think that quantum physics experiments have cause timeline changes.  Did you not read the OP?

I read the OP. The problem is that anything having to do with weirdness always gets connected to either QM/P or Cern. I can almost bet on something like that showing up in a thread like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I read the OP. The problem is that anything having to do with weirdness always gets connected to either QM/P or Cern. I can almost bet on something like that showing up in a thread like this. 

As was my intention when I created the thread.  The problem I see is that most people don't understand what quantum physics is and think it actually does something, but it is not a thing it is a way of looking at physics, how things interact and testing results at the quantum level.  I don't understand it enough to teach anyone, but I think that superstitious people tend to think it is like magic, things can happen magically like timeliines shifting because someone is experimenting with matter at the quantum level.  So, if bringing up quantum physics bothers you, and the word Cern is in the title of the OP why did you bother reading or posting? 

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, if bringing up quantum physics bothers you, and the word Cern is in the title of the OP why did you bother reading or posting? 

Doesn't bother me. I just find it hilarious. I've seen QM/P brought up in telepathy/telekinesis discussions. Intention-manifestation discussions. Ghost, demons, even angels and god. It's a fallback. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

Doesn't bother me. I just find it hilarious. I've seen QM/P brought up in telepathy/telekinesis discussions. Intention-manifestation discussions. Ghost, demons, even angels and god. It's a fallback. 

Well, It is not a fall back for me.  And I haven't seen that, but then I don't read all the threads and have not been on this forum very long.  I felt your comments about it in this thread were not relevant since it was purposely part of the opening post.

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, It is not a fall back for me.  And I haven't seen that, but then I don't read all the threads and have not been on this forum very long.  I felt your comments about it in this thread were not relevant since it was purposely part of the opening post.

So having a bad memory is actually quantum effects? Is that what you're wanting to say? That we slip from one parallel universe to another just to get events and names wrong?

All because Cern has opened up a gate to an alternative reality or hell? 

On 6/8/2019 at 1:31 PM, XenoFish said:

So having a bad memory is actually quantum effects? Is that what you're wanting to say? That we slip from one parallel universe to another just to get events and names wrong?

All because Cern has opened up a gate to an alternative reality or hell? 

No you are just trolling OR you don't know how to read.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:53 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Well, we know we arent living in a simulation.

The different perceptions of the same event are more than just perceptions. Space, time, and matter, are relative to each of us. That places each of us at the centre of the universe without there being any contradictions.

There was a Noble Prize given out to a couple of physicists who discovered error correction codes (checksums) built into reality to stop there being any contradictions between each person being at the centre of the universe themselves. They are exactly the same ones used in computer science which is creepy. But, reality isn't a computer program.

Its something greater, we are just comparing the latest machine or concept to it.

10 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well, we know we arent living in a simulation.

The different perceptions of the same event are more than just perceptions. Space, time, and matter, are relative to each of us. That places each of us at the centre of the universe without there being any contradictions.

There was a Noble Prize given out to a couple of physicists who discovered error correction codes (checksums) built into reality to stop there being any contradictions between each person being at the centre of the universe themselves. They are exactly the same ones used in computer science which is creepy. But, reality isn't a computer program.

Its something greater, we are just comparing the latest machine or concept to it.

Right, every time we learn something that changes our picture of reality, we use new models to describe reality.

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right, every time we learn something that changes our picture of reality, we use new models to describe reality.

Its worse than that.

Every time a new model comes along there are people who think it is reality and lock themselves into it. Its why people think they are robots and why they think we live in a simulation.

Some guy builds a machine that can imitate a person, or run a VR world, and the next moment humans and reality are being reduced down to being nothing more than those things. Its the uneducated I worry about, they dont know about the flaws and inconsistencies of theories so cannot practice critical thinking.

11 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its worse than that.

Every time a new model comes along there are people who think it is reality and lock themselves into it. Its why people think they are robots and why they think we live in a simulation.

Some guy builds a machine that can imitate a person, or run a VR world, and the next moment humans and reality are being reduced down to being nothing more than those things. Its the uneducated I worry about, they dont know about the flaws and inconsistencies of theories so cannot practice critical thinking.

I think that is by design.  Critical thinking is not taught in school, I think it was at one time in some schools, but no longer.  Worry is imagination and takes you out.  You can only address what is right in front of you.  If you meet someone who will listen to your version of reality, then you share it with no attachment to whether they accept it or not.  There is nothing more you can do as each of us is here for a different reason.  We are living in a time when everyone suffers from over stimulation and information overload.  Each of us has to figure out how to deal with that and your solution may not work for someone else, AND some feel comfortable in that state.

Edited by Desertrat56