Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

49 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

To begin with I have an engineering degree (maths, physics, chemistry, etc). Engineers do not discover laws of physics, they find ways of applying them. As such QM is heavily present within electrical engineering subjects because wave mechanics is used in everything from building power supplies to creating computer chips. Lasers, microwave ovens, stealth fighter bombers, x-ray machines, transistors, nuclear power, and many more come from QM being applied by engineers.

Next, you dont even know the basics of QM. You have come here, noticed it being mentioned, maybe had a look at one or two websites which you haven't fully understood, and are now intervening here claiming to know all about something which you obviously dont as evidenced by the contents of your reply. I have nothing against free debate but at least educate yourself on the topic before claiming others are wrong.

The Quantum Eraser experiments are about erasing away the path the atomic particle took through the double slits. Erasing that information after the double slit barrier and finding it erased the path the atomic particle took through it, shows the past has been changed. Its one of the reasons why time travel is impossible because the past ceases to exist when information on it has been lost. It also presents the opportunity to change the past although even to a QM looking at the results of their experiments that is still far-out.

Adinkra symbols are used in physics to represent the error correction codes built into String Theory. When a quantum state collapses here its outcome is compatible with the rest of reality that exists elsewhere. There is no break where this part of reality is now incompatible with that part of reality. Those error correction codes are what prevent incompatibility and is evidence of super-symmetry.

You dont understand super-symmetry and it isn't one type of symmetry. I have already told you above that time travel is impossible and thats because if you run time backwards you dont get back to the original starting position. This is because when information on the past is lost then the past is lost too. Therefore time reversal symmetry is impossible and as a result no error correction codes exist for it. But many types of symmetry do exist, are proven in physics, and error correction codes are present within them to keep the here compatible with the there.

Those error correction codes are exactly the same (not similar, but the same) as the ones built into packets of information being sent across the internet by computer software. Its why the media flapped about at the time when they were discovered claiming it means we are living in a computer simulation or holographic universe. Of course, we arent living in those things, something far greater and more bizarre is going on with the nature of reality. And no quantum physicists has ever been able to figure out what it is that is going on.

Please cite an example of this quantum "error correction" compared to an example of the existing computer code. Should be easy since they are "exactly the same".

8 minutes ago, moonman said:

Please cite an example of this quantum "error correction" compared to an example of the existing computer code. Should be easy since they are "exactly the same".

I already linked to a peer reviewed paper and the wiki page showing them.

I warn that its abstract so you might not follow it all.

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

I already linked to a peer reviewed paper and the wiki page showing them.

I warn that its abstract so you might not follow it all.

Those do not show anything about comparing computer code to "quantum code".

Since you seem to understand it so perfectly, go ahead and give us a brief comparison. Should be easy for you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Sure you want to know the truth. The problem is "the objective consideration" you think you're giving these matters is anything but. Look up "motivated reasoning" in the dictionary and there's a photo of papageorge. Go through the history of your posts and for every single subject you immediately favour the supernatural answer and claiming that "material science" can't answer it.

You favour the answer that you hope to be true, not the one that the evidence actually points to, and this thread is a perfect example of that.

Funny, I checked the dictionary myself and happened to see my photo under the "objective reasoning" entry. You are probably using that biased Skeptics Dictionary website.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Look up "motivated reasoning" in the dictionary and there's a photo of papageorge. 

I also happened to look up ‘acidic attitude’ and lo and behold....

4 hours ago, moonman said:

Those do not show anything about comparing computer code to "quantum code".

Since you seem to understand it so perfectly, go ahead and give us a brief comparison. Should be easy for you.

And no response. As suspected, the whole "computer code=quantum code" idea is nonsense. If you can't even make a simple comparison, then it's obviously a load. It's simple enough to say they are the same, but when you have to show it - not so much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:40 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Cern is a huge hadron collider whose main purpose is to test quantum physics theories and hypothesis.  That is what quantum physics has to do with this.  The OP post was about people thinking Cern has changed the timeline and why I think that hasn't happened.  That is what quantum physics has to do with it.  Do your own research.

I known what colliders in general do. Thanks for explaining why you mentioned QM.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:40 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Cern is a huge hadron collider whose main purpose is to test quantum physics theories and hypothesis.  That is what quantum physics has to do with this.  The OP post was about people thinking Cern has changed the timeline and why I think that hasn't happened.  That is what quantum physics has to do with it.  Do your own research.

The OP obviously doesn't know that it's actually the Time Stone that changes timelines.:P

Edited by Trelane

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

The Op obviously doesn't know that it's actually the Time Stone that does that.:P

I am the OP, and there is no time stone.  :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:18 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Those error correction codes are exactly the same (not similar, but the same) as the ones built into packets of information being sent across the internet by computer software.

So what error correction methods are used then?

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:18 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Its why the media flapped about at the time when they were discovered claiming it means we are living in a computer simulation or holographic universe. Of course, we arent living in those things, something far greater and more bizarre is going on with the nature of reality. And no quantum physicists has ever been able to figure out what it is that is going on.

The simulation argument and the holographic principle are completely unrelated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, RabidMongoose said:

Oh yeah, and have you ever noticed something odd going on with cars? You have cars coming towards you on the road, you look away at something for a short term, you look back and one of them has changed colour?

Hi RapidMongoose

Just thought you should consider that some people paint their cars to do that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChromaFlair

jmccr8

On 5/20/2019 at 12:43 AM, acute said:

I agree with the OP.  If a time-slip happened, how would we know?

We wouldn't know, so none of this makes any sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Eactly the OP's point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

umm...hello? of course we would know because a book would have a different spelling and Sinbad would have one less movie role on his resume....obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Getting back to The Mandela Effect:

My exes' mother lost her mind when I showed her that the Ford logo has a curl in the F. Her father worked for decades in the Ford factory in their city and she said that he'd be turning in his grave to learn that the F has "changed".

Similarly, the Coca-Cola logo. I distinctly remember ~ being the dividing symbol between the two words.

I'm a Berenstein believer

ET always said "phone home" (and the kids repeat it), not "home phone".

Forrest Gump - ":Life IS like a box of chocolates", not "was" (additional behind the scenes footage shows the same scene shot from another angle, he says IS and ever since, he's quoted it the same as we remember - IS)

Looney TOONS (cartoons), not Tunes.

Queen - We Are The Champions ALWAYS ended with, "Of the world". Check out Carpool Karaoke with Julia Roberts, George Clooney and Gwen Stefani. They're singing along and right at the end, they're all waiting for the line. Even Clooney finishes it for them. Here's the link:

Jump to 12:40. Four people in the same damn car all expect the same thing. All Mandela Effected.

The Monopoly Guy - what other reason would Ace Ventura identify the little guy in When Nature Calls as "The Monopoly Guy" other than the presence of the monocle? He isn't wearing a top hat - and merely being short, wearing a tux and having white hair and moustache does not a "Monopoly Guy" make. That'd make him more like the KFC Colonel...

Matrix - "What if I told you..." was never said, yet there are thousands of memes? Riiiiiight....

Star Wars: Luke/No, I am your father. There's talking Darth Vader merchandise that distinctly says Luke.

The Bible: The lion/wolf will lay down with the lamb. Yet there are countless paintings of lions laying with lambs, overwhelmingly so in comparison to depictions of wolves and lambs?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

Getting back to The Mandela Effect:

This is one FASCINATING topic.

there's one you didn't mention; the Flintstones/Flinstones flip/flop experienced by so many people including me!

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:52 PM, Desertrat56 said:

If this is in the wrong catagory, Please move it.  Maybe it goes in the Urban legends category.

My friend brought up a theory that is going around about CERN causing a shift in the timeline.  We had a discussion about it and I am not convinced because 1. before Cern was even a thing people have talked about time line shifts 2. the examples used to "prove" it are weak.

One example is the phrase from the movie Field of Dreams where someone tells the main actor "If you build it he will come."  For some reason a lot of people remember the line as "If you build it they will come."  which does not make sense in the context of the movie.  The guy is feeling bad about the death of his dad and can't let it go.  That is the main theme of the movie.  Another one is people remembering Nelson Mandela dying in prison.  I don't remember that, and I had never heard of that until she brought it up.  I can't remember any of the other examples.  My take on it is that we could be experiencing time shifts but not the whole planet, because if it was the whole planet everyone would remember the same things and no one would ever think of a time shift.  So, if it happens it must be small groups or individuals that experience it.  That is not to say I buy it, just consider the possibility.  I have experiences in my mind that make me know that we fool ourselves with our memory and some things that are not important I forget, other things that I remember incorrectly are based on my bias.  For example "If you build it they will come" being the way people remember it probably indicates they were not paying attention to the movie, and were thinking about something else so that in the end when all the dead baseball players showed up they though it was "they" instead of "he".

When I was 4 or 5 I used to watch a show every week called the Danny Kaye show.  I loved Danny Kaye and when the show was canceled I was so young I thought it was because Danny Kaye died.  I thouoght for years that he was dead until he was a guest on another show when I was a teenager.  It was a shock to me but I got over it.

So, has anyone else heard of the "Mandala effect"?

P.S.  I would love it if someone has an example that is not weak.

The simulation theory is pretty interesting and it could explain what some people may be experiencing.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

I was shocked to awaken this morning and find...no coffee in the coffee pot!  I specifically remembering making it last nite before bed and setting the timer.  It hadn't even been made...but I remember making it.

Definitely a slip of some kind...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

The simulation theory is pretty interesting and it could explain what some people may be experiencing.

Let me just paraphrase for you:

Elon:   Yeah man....ffffffft....phhhewww....it's like...passes joint to onstage friend... it's like...technology is a trip man, and when you come out of it, it's like reality isn't even real...ffffft.....phhewww....I mean...you know...ffffffft....phhhewww.....maybe we are in a simulation right now man.....ffffffft....phhhewww....like maybe this Mowee isn't as Wowee as I actually think it is, but then again....ffffffft....phhhewww... I think it is, therefore it is...should be...cost me a bloody fortune! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have read quite a few science fiction novels that explore that possibility.  As for the Mandala effect, I think the easiest explanation, since no one came up with a stronger example than the ones I presented and others presented, is that it is poor memory and mis-reading.  I have heard stories of a few people claiming that something happened, a car accident, getting lost, etc and when they finally got home they had a different spouse and a different job.  But there was no way for them to prove that as either the other reality spouse and job did not exist or some other thing that indicated it never happened.  Now that, instead of a mandala effect, seems that a particular person is singled out and pushed into a different reality.  There are science fiction stories that explore that as well.  But they are mind experiments and if there really is a mandala effect or multi-verse that we can slip into other universes accidentally, ther eis no proof of it that I have found. 

• Thanks 4

Luckily I'm not well read on the subjects being discussed so, I still know that the past is not "fixed"...the past is Gone.  Bricks are fixed.       And...the future is not predetermined...ever.    ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Mandela Effect is just proof memory is not always reliable. 

• Like 6

On 6/23/2019 at 2:44 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I am the OP, and there is no time stone.  :lol:

So what’s the Eye of Agamato then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

Matrix - "What if I told you..." was never said, yet there are thousands of memes? Riiiiiight....

You know there are countless memes of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos saying things he's never said right?

• Haha 1