Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cern and time line jumping

Desertrat56

17 hours ago, lightly said:

Luckily I'm not well read on the subjects being discussed so, I still know that the past is not "fixed"...the past is Gone.  Bricks are fixed.       And...the future is not predetermined...ever.    ;)

If future events were not known, then where do the correct predictions about future events come from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So what’s the Eye of Agamato then?

What is it?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Coil said:

If future events were not known, then where do the correct predictions about future events come from?

Las Vegas!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coil said:

Hmm, interesting point and a very good question Coil.  My statement seems to have been an overstatement and oversimplification.  ?

so, let me complicate it if I may?  Very true about some predictions coming "true" ...but ,to what degree or extent or exact form ?     There are Always variables?   So, the exact future can never be predicted? . . . or known .  ..  . ever.    ?   *  .

eta:   I 'm thinkin  your thinking about God knowing and predicting the future ?   Pretty good PREdiction?;)     and ,personally,  I don't feel all knowing enough to argue that point :P

Edited by lightly

2 hours ago, lightly said:

Hmm, interesting point and a very good question Coil.  My statement seems to have been an overstatement and oversimplification.  ?

so, let me complicate it if I may?  Very true about some predictions coming "true" ...but ,to what degree or extent or exact form ?     There are Always variables?   So, the exact future can never be predicted? . . . or known .  ..  . ever.    ?   *  .

eta:   I 'm thinkin  your thinking about God knowing and predicting the future ?   Pretty good PREdiction?;)     and ,personally,  I don't feel all knowing enough to argue that point :P

Predictions of the future exist because not all people are limited only by the present moment and having a higher mind can see further. After all, if you climb a mountain, a wider view unfolds than below. Our world is just a world of manifestation of those events that were conceived by God and have already happened there and they reach the Earth after some time. Therefore, if you rise in the spirit, you can definitely see our future.
In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna tells Arjuna to kill his relatives on the battlefield because they are already killed in the spiritual world.
It has already been written several times on the forum that our mind splits time into the past, present and future due to its limitations but for God there is no division, it totally covers all the lifetimes of the universe and it looks like one action, like one present moment.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 2:45 AM, Coil said:

Science

22 hours ago, Coil said:

Predictions of the future exist because not all people are limited only by the present moment and having a higher mind can see further. After all, if you climb a mountain, a wider view unfolds than below. Our world is just a world of manifestation of those events that were conceived by God and have already happened there and they reach the Earth after some time. Therefore, if you rise in the spirit, you can definitely see our future.
In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna tells Arjuna to kill his relatives on the battlefield because they are already killed in the spiritual world.
It has already been written several times on the forum that our mind splits time into the past, present and future due to its limitations but for God there is no division, it totally covers all the lifetimes of the universe and it looks like one action, like one present moment.

You realize that this is just one big non sequitur, right? The conclusions do not follow from the premises.

The notion of past present and future are concepts used to describe relative time and are not limitations of our thinking.

No one sees the future. Predictions of the future are made by many people such as financial planners, the weather forecasters, political lip flappers.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/john_kenneth_galbraith_391543

The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think time is something we all agree to experience when we come into this reality but it does not really exist for us as spiritual beings, only for us as physical beings. Of course, this is all about how you see your world and how you experience it so it will be individuals interpreting their physical experience. Some people on here will understand, and some more science-focused people will call it woo and disregard it all.

For those who do OOB travel, it seems physical reality as we experience it is something which is not fixed and can be manipulated to some extent.

I believe time lines change all the time and we jump from one to another. One of Richard Bach's books tries to explain this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, Desertrat56 said:

If this is in the wrong catagory, Please move it.  Maybe it goes in the Urban legends category.

My friend brought up a theory that is going around about CERN causing a shift in the timeline.  We had a discussion about it and I am not convinced because 1. before Cern was even a thing people have talked about time line shifts 2. the examples used to "prove" it are weak.

One example is the phrase from the movie Field of Dreams where someone tells the main actor "If you build it he will come."  For some reason a lot of people remember the line as "If you build it they will come."  which does not make sense in the context of the movie.  The guy is feeling bad about the death of his dad and can't let it go.  That is the main theme of the movie.  Another one is people remembering Nelson Mandela dying in prison.  I don't remember that, and I had never heard of that until she brought it up.  I can't remember any of the other examples.  My take on it is that we could be experiencing time shifts but not the whole planet, because if it was the whole planet everyone would remember the same things and no one would ever think of a time shift.  So, if it happens it must be small groups or individuals that experience it.  That is not to say I buy it, just consider the possibility.  I have experiences in my mind that make me know that we fool ourselves with our memory and some things that are not important I forget, other things that I remember incorrectly are based on my bias.  For example "If you build it they will come" being the way people remember it probably indicates they were not paying attention to the movie, and were thinking about something else so that in the end when all the dead baseball players showed up they though it was "they" instead of "he".

When I was 4 or 5 I used to watch a show every week called the Danny Kaye show.  I loved Danny Kaye and when the show was canceled I was so young I thought it was because Danny Kaye died.  I thouoght for years that he was dead until he was a guest on another show when I was a teenager.  It was a shock to me but I got over it.

So, has anyone else heard of the "Mandala effect"?

P.S.  I would love it if someone has an example that is not weak.

A strong example is the huge changes in the galaxy. We used to be at the edge, on the saggitarius arm. Now we are on the Orion arm, which didnt even exist in the old world. I check at least weekly now, and the orion arm has shrunk to a tiny thing, and they even call it the orion "bridge" now. I dare you to check this weekly for a few months and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, janesix said:

A strong example is the huge changes in the galaxy. We used to be at the edge, on the saggitarius arm. Now we are on the Orion arm, which didnt even exist in the old world. I check at least weekly now, and the orion arm has shrunk to a tiny thing, and they even call it the orion "bridge" now. I dare you to check this weekly for a few months and see what happens. 

Can you show me a star map that indicates that?   If we were in the Orion "arm" of the galaxy, why can we still see Orion's belt the same way it has been seen for millenia?

I always understood we were in the Orion Spur of the Sagittarius Arm - but obviously our understanding of our exact position in the galaxy has changed as we have learned more.  Thankfully no-one is (yet) claiming that Pluto being a) no a planet and b) not the most distant object orbiting the Sun is a "mandela effect" .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Essan said:

I always understood we were in the Orion Spur of the Sagittarius Arm - but obviously our understanding of our exact position in the galaxy has changed as we have learned more.  Thankfully no-one is (yet) claiming that Pluto being a) no a planet and b) not the most distant object orbiting the Sun is a "mandela effect" .....

That is because it isn't, it is scientists redefining how large a body is to be classified a planet.  And we have not changed the spiral arm our sun is on in the galaxy, it has always been at the outer edge of the furthest arm of the galaxy, which is neither Sagittarius or Orion.   Both of those are distant configurations of stars we can see in our sky.   

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Can you show me a star map that indicates that?   If we were in the Orion "arm" of the galaxy, why can we still see Orion's belt the same way it has been seen for millenia?

I check the wikipedia page every week. I check others, it's the same. I check the same source to see if there is a chnage in that source (and there are changes Ive noted, like its much smaller now). Same maps, same sites for world population etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way Not sure what you mean by star map.

I don't know about orion belt. some say it is different. I dont know the sky well enough to check it myself. Do you remember being in the Saggitarius arm too?

12 minutes ago, janesix said:

I check the wikipedia page every week. I check others, it's the same. I check the same source to see if there is a chnage in that source (and there are changes Ive noted, like its much smaller now). Same maps, same sites for world population etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way Not sure what you mean by star map.

I don't know about orion belt. some say it is different. I dont know the sky well enough to check it myself. Do you remember being in the Saggitarius arm too?

You do know that wikipedia changes because people update it, not because things actually change, don't you?  You could submit a change to a page if you wanted to.   They are dependent on people fact checking but they don't have the staff to actually verify everything.   It is better than it was 20 years ago but still, not perfect.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

You do know that wikipedia changes because people update it, not because things actually change, don't you?  You could submit a change to a page if you wanted to.   They are dependent on people fact checking but they don't have the staff to actually verify everything.   It is better than it was 20 years ago but still, not perfect.

There is no way for me to prove which arm of the galaxy we are in. How could I? Do you think people are lying about that? Not sure what point you are trying to make. One way I proved (to myself ME was a real thing is by looking in old books I have in my house. An old anthropology book showed skull changes and map changes. It's not just on the internet. Plus songs have changed for me. 

11 minutes ago, janesix said:

There is no way for me to prove which arm of the galaxy we are in. How could I? Do you think people are lying about that? Not sure what point you are trying to make. One way I proved (to myself ME was a real thing is by looking in old books I have in my house. An old anthropology book showed skull changes and map changes. It's not just on the internet. Plus songs have changed for me. 

I think you are confused about the galaxy and where our sun is in relation to it and where other star systems are and even what a star system is.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/milkyway.html

This link has a good video

https://www.space.com/milky-way-3d-map-warped-shape.html

This one names the arms and is from NASA.gov  Orion is not an arm, it is called a spur and earth has never been in that area.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/resources/285/the-milky-way-galaxy/

If you scroll down on the Farmer's almanac page you will see a graphic of where in the galaxy earth is, it has not changed so anything you read about it changing is just drivel.

https://www.almanac.com/night-sky-map-august-perseid-meteors-milky-way

Edited by Desertrat56

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think you are confused about the galaxy and where our sun is in relation to it and where other star systems are and even what a star system is.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/milkyway.html

This link has a good video

https://www.space.com/milky-way-3d-map-warped-shape.html

This one names the arms and is from NASA.gov  Orion is not an arm, it is called a spur and earth has never been in that area.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/resources/285/the-milky-way-galaxy/

If you scroll down on the Farmer's almanac page you will see a graphic of where in the galaxy earth is, it has not changed so anything you read about it changing is just drivel.

https://www.almanac.com/night-sky-map-august-perseid-meteors-milky-way

YOUR sources say orion arm and spur. What the hell are you talking about? Where do YOU think we are located in the galaxy?

10 minutes ago, janesix said:

YOUR sources say orion arm and spur. What the hell are you talking about? Where do YOU think we are located in the galaxy?

What the hell are you talking about?  If you don't think I showed you where we are located in the galaxy then you did not click on any of the links.  I gave you plenty of links from reputable space agencies and other reputable sources.  Look at the links or not, don't ask me anything else, as you obviously don't care to learn anything real about the galaxy.   I will not try to take your beliefs away, just offer you a different perspective and leave it up to you.   

26 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What the hell are you talking about?  If you don't think I showed you where we are located in the galaxy then you did not click on any of the links.  I gave you plenty of links from reputable space agencies and other reputable sources.  Look at the links or not, don't ask me anything else, as you obviously don't care to learn anything real about the galaxy.   I will not try to take your beliefs away, just offer you a different perspective and leave it up to you.   

I did. One link said orion spur, the other said orion arm. You never answered me where you think we are located in the galaxy.

14 minutes ago, janesix said:

I did. One link said orion spur, the other said orion arm. You never answered me where you think we are located in the galaxy.

The last link has a picture that illustrates where earth is in the galaxy.  I mentioned that you need to scroll down to see it.  Why are you getting so emotional about this?

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The last link has a picture that illustrates where earth is in the galaxy.  I mentioned that you need to scroll down to see it.  Why are you getting so emotional about this?

Reality is changing, why would I NOT be emotional about that? Your last link, the image says "local arm" which could mean anything. It is currently the Orion arm, spur or bridge, which you have claimed it is not. 

I think you realize you are wrong, and you are trying to cover your ass. 

Edited by janesix

19 minutes ago, janesix said:

Reality is changing, why would I NOT be emotional about that? Your last link, the image says "local arm" which could mean anything. It is currently the Orion arm, spur or bridge, which you have claimed it is not. 

I think you realize you are wrong, and you are trying to cover your ass. 

Do you know what the word "local" means?  It couldn't mean anything, it means something specific.  Look it up on dictionary.com

Reality may be changing for you, which is a subjective view, not an objective view.

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My reality is pretty darn stable. 

Good. I am truly happy for you.

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you know what the word "local" means?  It couldn't mean anything, it means something specific.  Look it up on dictionary.com

Reality may be changing for you, which is a subjective view, not an objective view.

We disagree. I am sorry about being a jerk earlier.

• Like 1