Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Desertrat56

Cern and time line jumping

233 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Robotic Jew
36 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well, we know we arent living in a simulation.

The different perceptions of the same event are more than just perceptions. Space, time, and matter, are relative to each of us. That places each of us at the centre of the universe without there being any contradictions.

There was a Noble Prize given out to a couple of physicists who discovered error correction codes (checksums) built into reality to stop there being any contradictions between each person being at the centre of the universe themselves. They are exactly the same ones used in computer science which is creepy. But, reality isn't a computer program.

Its something greater, we are just comparing the latest machine or concept to it.

I like to imagine myself as part of some super boring but giant galactic video game. It helps me pass off my poor life decisions onto whatever disgruntled alien gamer is controlling me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I like to imagine myself as part of some super boring but giant galactic video game. It helps me pass off my poor life decisions onto whatever disgruntled alien gamer is controlling me.

Is it a good or evil gamer? Or both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

Is it a good or evil gamer? Or both?

Aren't all gamers evil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Aren't all gamers evil?

So why is it punishing you?

Do you have problem in health - relationships - or finances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
On 04/06/2019 at 3:36 PM, Desertrat56 said:

No scientific model that you know of.  Read up on quantum physics.  Also, science is a method of understanding mysteries, so nothing is written in stone.  The phrases "no scientific model" and "no scientific proof" are phrases uttered by people who know nothing real about science.

Spoken like a true handwaver.

I know plenty about quantum physics thank you very much - enough not to invoke it when trying to justify flimsy pseudo-scientific ideas that are easily explained by actual, existing phenomena. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
On 04/06/2019 at 4:29 PM, papageorge1 said:

Well, I believe what I most reasonably judge from objective consideration with all things considered. The ability to do objective analysis is an important human reasoning skill. I think my way is way, way, way better than 'believe what you want'. I want to know the truth!

Sure you want to know the truth. The problem is "the objective consideration" you think you're giving these matters is anything but. Look up "motivated reasoning" in the dictionary and there's a photo of papageorge. Go through the history of your posts and for every single subject you immediately favour the supernatural answer and claiming that "material science" can't answer it.

You favour the answer that you hope to be true, not the one that the evidence actually points to, and this thread is a perfect example of that.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
On 07/06/2019 at 10:40 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Cern is a huge hadron collider whose main purpose is to test quantum physics theories and hypothesis.  That is what quantum physics has to do with this.  The OP post was about people thinking Cern has changed the timeline and why I think that hasn't happened.  That is what quantum physics has to do with it.  Do your own research.

And this is a non-sequitur. Yes, Cern concerns itself with quantum physics. Yes, this post is about "timeline jumping". But the issue is that you're connecting the two. As I stated before - there is no known physical or theoretical model linking one to the other. It's quantum handwaving.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
On 08/06/2019 at 8:12 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Why do you think I put Cern in the title.  Because people think that quantum physics experiments have cause timeline changes.  Did you not read the OP?

And, as I said before, there is no known physical or theoretical model that could link the two, not least because "timeline changes" isn't a thing.

I know people "think" this about Cern, and they're wrong. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
On 08/06/2019 at 8:22 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I don't understand it enough to teach anyone, but I think that superstitious people tend to think it is like magic, things can happen magically like timeliines shifting because someone is experimenting with matter at the quantum level. 

Another non-sequitur. 

It doesn't matter what people "think" of quantum physics. It just doesn't. "Timeline shifting" is not a thing, and the phenomena is easily explained through already understood means. We do not need to look to conspiratorial lay people for the answers to a phenomena which doesn't exist.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

There was a Noble Prize given out to a couple of physicists who discovered error correction codes (checksums) built into reality to stop there being any contradictions between each person being at the centre of the universe themselves.

Can you cite this please?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

Another non-sequitur. 

It doesn't matter what people "think" of quantum physics. It just doesn't. "Timeline shifting" is not a thing, and the phenomena is easily explained through already understood means. We do not need to look to conspiratorial lay people for the answers to a phenomena which doesn't exist.

Quantum eraser experiments show the past that happened being removed.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
35 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Quantum eraser experiments show the past that happened being removed.

Well yes, with several gazillion universes appearing every microsecond, there's an awful lot of pasts that need erasing by the langoliers  to ensure there's enough space in the multiverse to fit them in :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Quantum eraser experiments show the past that happened being removed.

 

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Neither of the things you posted prove what you're claiming.

"Quantum physics says this"
*waves hands*
"therefore this practically unrelated science fiction concept is not only real but preferable to actual known phenomena" 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

 

Neither of the things you posted prove what you're claiming.

"Quantum physics says this"
*waves hands*
"therefore this practically unrelated science fiction concept is not only real but preferable to actual known phenomena" 

I read that part about the "reality checksums" and "same code that computers use" and thought the same - that's a huge load of nonsense, a sci-fi idea extrapolated from whatever it is the scientists actually found (if they found anything).

Edited by moonman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, moonman said:

I read that part about the "reality checksums" and "same code that computers use" and thought the same - sounds like a huge load of nonsense, a sci-fi idea extrapolated from whatever it is the scientists actually found.

Yeah basically. The quantum eraser experiment is just a different way of measuring interference patterns. Here is a good explanation of it.

From the site: 

Quote

Delayed choice erasure (hereafter DCQE) may be counter-intuitive, it may be interesting, but it's not mysterious or magical. We understand the math behind how it works. Interpretations of quantum mechanics explain it without any reference to consciousness or backwards-in-time effects.

As for "checksums", he's talking about adinkra symbols, which are basically visual models of  supersymmetric mathematics. It has nothing to do with computer code or "people interacting and being at the centre of the universe" or whatever he was waffling about.

Not to mention the fact that supersymmetry isn't supported by any experimental evidence. 

This is an absolute prime example of someone not bothering to actually understand the science behind quantum physics and conflating it into some kind of pseudo scientific new-age waffle.

It is quantum handwaving. Not science. 

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
5 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Spoken like a true handwaver.

I know plenty about quantum physics thank you very much - enough not to invoke it when trying to justify flimsy pseudo-scientific ideas that are easily explained by actual, existing phenomena. 

Apparently you did not read my OP either.  Go back to sleep.  I did not invoke quantum physics, I started this to discuss why superstitious people blame it for things they remember incorrectly.  I asked someone to give me better anecdotes that might indicate something real is happening, as I don't think it is.  Jeez. Some of you need to examine your triggers.  I find it amusing that Quantum Physics is a trigger phrase.  :lol:  My triggers are name calling and the word "christian".  So if you want, test me with  those and see if I am unable to comprehend something with those in it, I have been working on disarming my triggers. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
5 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

And this is a non-sequitur. Yes, Cern concerns itself with quantum physics. Yes, this post is about "timeline jumping". But the issue is that you're connecting the two. As I stated before - there is no known physical or theoretical model linking one to the other. It's quantum handwaving.

Again, because I am annoyed I will tell you, go back and re-read the OP.  I am NOT connecting the two I am discussing why the two are not connected.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
5 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Another non-sequitur. 

It doesn't matter what people "think" of quantum physics. It just doesn't. "Timeline shifting" is not a thing, and the phenomena is easily explained through already understood means. We do not need to look to conspiratorial lay people for the answers to a phenomena which doesn't exist.

I started this thread, if you don't understand the OP then quit posting silly non-sequitur yourself.  You are not as knowledgeable as you think if you can't even understand the words you read.  Did you just learn "non-sequitur" and needed to use it 3 times to remember it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Apparently you did not read my OP either.  Go back to sleep.  I did not invoke quantum physics, I started this to discuss why superstitious people blame it for things they remember incorrectly.  I asked someone to give me better anecdotes that might indicate something real is happening, as I don't think it is.  Jeez. Some of you need to examine your triggers.  I find it amusing that Quantum Physics is a trigger phrase.  :lol:  My triggers are name calling and the word "christian".  So if you want, test me with  those and see if I am unable to comprehend something with those in it, I have been working on disarming my triggers. 

Well you say that, but it did sound like you were defending it. I told you there were no known mechanisms for this and you told me to "go and research quantum physics". 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Again, because I am annoyed I will tell you, go back and re-read the OP.  I am NOT connecting the two I am discussing why the two are not connected.

I was pointing out the connection between Cern and timeline jumping is a non-sequitur. If you want to get annoyed by that, go nuts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I started this thread, if you don't understand the OP then quit posting silly non-sequitur yourself.  You are not as knowledgeable as you think if you can't even understand the words you read.  Did you just learn "non-sequitur" and needed to use it 3 times to remember it?

You're just taking this ridiculously personally. I was, once again, stating for the slow of thinking, that associating "magical stuff" with quantum physics is a non... oh you know.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
31 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yeah basically. The quantum eraser experiment is just a different way of measuring interference patterns. Here is a good explanation of it.

From the site: 

As for "checksums", he's talking about adinkra symbols, which are basically visual models of  supersymmetric mathematics. It has nothing to do with computer code or "people interacting and being at the centre of the universe" or whatever he was waffling about.

Not to mention the fact that supersymmetry isn't supported by any experimental evidence. 

This is an absolute prime example of someone not bothering to actually understand the science behind quantum physics and conflating it into some kind of pseudo scientific new-age waffle.

It is quantum handwaving. Not science. 

To begin with I have an engineering degree (maths, physics, chemistry, etc). Engineers do not discover laws of physics, they find ways of applying them. As such QM is heavily present within electrical engineering subjects because wave mechanics is used in everything from building power supplies to creating computer chips. Lasers, microwave ovens, stealth fighter bombers, x-ray machines, transistors, nuclear power, and many more come from QM being applied by engineers.

Next, you dont even know the basics of QM. You have come here, noticed it being mentioned, maybe had a look at one or two websites which you haven't fully understood, and are now intervening here claiming to know all about something which you obviously dont as evidenced by the contents of your reply. I have nothing against free debate but at least educate yourself on the topic before claiming others are wrong.

The Quantum Eraser experiments are about erasing away the path the atomic particle took through the double slits. Erasing that information after the double slit barrier and finding it erased the path the atomic particle took through it, shows the past has been changed. Its one of the reasons why time travel is impossible because the past ceases to exist when information on it has been lost. It also presents the opportunity to change the past although even to a QM looking at the results of their experiments that is still far-out.

Adinkra symbols are used in physics to represent the error correction codes built into String Theory. When a quantum state collapses here its outcome is compatible with the rest of reality that exists elsewhere. There is no break where this part of reality is now incompatible with that part of reality. Those error correction codes are what prevent incompatibility and is evidence of super-symmetry.

You dont understand super-symmetry and it isn't one type of symmetry. I have already told you above that time travel is impossible and thats because if you run time backwards you dont get back to the original starting position. This is because when information on the past is lost then the past is lost too. Therefore time reversal symmetry is impossible and as a result no error correction codes exist for it. But many types of symmetry do exist, are proven in physics, and error correction codes are present within them to keep the here compatible with the there.

Those error correction codes are exactly the same (not similar, but the same) as the ones built into packets of information being sent across the internet by computer software. Its why the media flapped about at the time when they were discovered claiming it means we are living in a computer simulation or holographic universe. Of course, we arent living in those things, something far greater and more bizarre is going on with the nature of reality. And no quantum physicists has ever been able to figure out what it is that is going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

Neither of the things you posted prove what you're claiming.

"Quantum physics says this"
*waves hands*
"therefore this practically unrelated science fiction concept is not only real but preferable to actual known phenomena" 

You mean you dont understand what is written in it if you download the PDF and read.

Look at all your posts rubbishing person after person. Have you ever stopped to contemplate that maybe its you who doesnt know what you are talking about?

I remember some of your posts off other topics. Same pattern repeated. Anything that disrupts your little worldview is dismissed despite the fact you know nothing about what you`re talking about lmao.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

You're just taking this ridiculously personally. I was, once again, stating for the slow of thinking, that associating "magical stuff" with quantum physics is a non... oh you know.

Maybe your mistake is considering someone "slow of thinking" when you haven't read the whole thread or the opening post.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.