Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
TrumanB

An interesting explanation of Lazar's case

84 posts in this topic

Alchopwn
21 hours ago, stereologist said:

Islands of stability have been predicted since the 1960s. Lazar was attempting to repeat what was well published at the time.

If we are talking about the idea of "islands of stability" existing in synthetic elements being discussed in the 1960s, then yes, the possibility was mooted, but I have not found any specific reference to 115 in that time period, as it didn't exist yet.  So the idea of islands of stability may have existed, but they have gone largely unrealized with regards to all synthetic elements, but Lazar's claim was that 115 had an isotope that maintained stability reliably and without rapid degradation.  In the public eye, this still has never been achieved.  There is still no stable 115, and all known isotopes degrade rapidly.  In this sense, Lazar's claim has not been vindicated, but he has candidly admitted to stealing some stable 115.  That would be worth a fortune, while constituting theft, but would also vindicate his claims if it was ever made publically available.

21 hours ago, stereologist said:

This inference seems completely without merit: " the raids sort of prove that certain people know that stable 115 exists". 

So, the claim for the Federal raids was that a woman named Janel Sturtz was poisoned with Thallium Sulfate in Michigan, where Lazar presently lives.  Connections to Lazar were tenuous to non-existent, and the raid on his business was able to find only very legitimate and small scale use of thallium.  I can understand the use of chem suits completely, but not the need to employ 150 agents in the search.  Once the site has been secured, and the suspects shown due process for the search, there was simply no call for sending in party after party of federal agencies for what was juristictionally and procedurally a State (not Federal) matter.  I can understand that if Michigan lacked adequate chemical expertise, they may have needed to call in the FBI, and possibly Homeland Security, but what were the ATF and the rest doing there?  Moral support?

I ask you then, given that the response is not in keeping with the size of the threat, what were all those agents doing there?  They were looking for anything they could use to stitch Lazar up, and they were looking for 115.  I quite liked Lazar's gif:

nerd.gif.c595f0bdeee29236132cae8729e9f274.gif

• Like 1

Robotic Jew

I might be in the minority here but I have a hard time finding Lazar credible when I see him speak. I WANT to believe him because it's an amazing story but he just has a dishonest vibe about him imo. 

Of course, it could also be that he's way smarter than I am and I'm mistaking my misunderstanding of the topics for dishonesty.

• Like 1

stereologist
12 hours ago, Ironside said:

He claimed it was a couple of grams and stable. He also claims it was packed in aerogel which wasn't known/available to the public back then.

Aerogels go back to the 1930s. I think that makes the idea publicly available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerogel

Aerogel was first created by Samuel Stephens Kistler in 1931, as a result of a bet[8] with Charles Learned over who could replace the liquid in "jellies" with gas without causing shrinkage.

He can make all of the claims he wants because we know he lies. That certainly makes any of his claims questionable.

• Like 1

stereologist
12 hours ago, Ironside said:

Yeah thats fair i can understand your position. It seems like alot of the people who cast doubt on his claim don't actually have a good grasp on all the info contained in his "legacy". So its good to go through all this crap sometimes... My position is clear i think. I believe him. I don't think thats going to change unless something he has said turns out to be well and truly 100% false. Half my problem is yes, I want to believe. I like to think im a rational, skeptical person and it p***es me off sometimes that i have to believe someone who everyone else thinks is a phony :P

His educational claims are truly 100% false.

His claims of being hired as a scientist are truly 100% false. Take a look at that paycheck. He is getting paid the rate for the cleaning staff, not a scientist.

It would be fun and exciting if Lazar is telling the truth, but he isn't. He found an outlet in a Knapp that would listen and allow him to tell his fiction.

My guess is that Lazar simply got bored telling his fiction and moved on to other interests. Unlike EVD and some of the other alien bumblers he moved on with life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stereologist
11 hours ago, Ironside said:

"Because of their physical nature (the graviton being a spin 2 particle), gravitational waves have the capability to penetrate solid matter at high frequency (HFGWs), moving at the speed of light. Furthermore, similar to electromagnetic waves, these gravitational waves (GWs) are carriers of energy and momentum. Moreover, GWs are transverse and quadrupolar in nature (stretching and squeezing space along their propagation path), and can be produced by accelerating asymmetric masses. The emission of high frequency gravitational waves denotes far-form-equilibrium phenomena" I don't know @stereologist i might just be grasping at straws mate. I'm not claiming i have any calibre of scientific knowledge but you/others do. I really apprieciate the views and opinions you guys bring that i overlook :)

US20180229864A1-20180816-D00002.png

The Emdrive was an idea to build a means of propulsion that was reactionless. That is what we see int he movies right? In Star Wars they get on a scooter and it does not move any parts but lifts. It does not shoot out exhaust like a rocket or jet. Dust does not swirl nor does hair or people's clothes. The problem of a reaction drive is that you eventually run out of matter to eject. If you remove the requirement to eject matter then you could possibly travel a very long distance or time. Recently the Cassini probe around Saturn ran low on fuel and was crashed into Saturn. That avoided a drifting probe possibly putting organisms on a moon of Saturn. Cassini was still fit when purposely incinerated. If it did not require matter to eject to move it then it could still  be up there doing its job.

The idea of these drives is to create something that moves in a way that does not require that for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.  Is it possible to have action without reaction?

Take a look at this site.

http://www.emdrive.com/

The company has successfully tested both an experimental thruster and a demonstrator engine which use patented microwave technology to convert electrical energy directly into thrust. No propellant is used in the conversion process. Thrust is produced by the amplification of the radiation pressure of an electromagnetic wave propagated through a resonant waveguide assembly.

They have not upgraded their website since this is not true. Turns out that the small thrust they detected was due to the coil used in the microwave device reacting to the Earth's magnetic field.

There is a lot more information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster

You'll see that the patent in question is just another variation of the idea of having a resonating chamber and microwaves. And be sure to read through to the following:

In May 2018, researchers from the Institute of Aerospace Engineering at Technische Universität Dresden, Germany, concluded that the apparent thrust is clearly an artifact caused by Earth's magnetic field interacting with power cables in the chamber, a result that other experts agree with.

It's an interesting idea. As we know this would be a valuable device if something like this worked.

• Like 1

stereologist
1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

If we are talking about the idea of "islands of stability" existing in synthetic elements being discussed in the 1960s, then yes, the possibility was mooted, but I have not found any specific reference to 115 in that time period, as it didn't exist yet.  So the idea of islands of stability may have existed, but they have gone largely unrealized with regards to all synthetic elements, but Lazar's claim was that 115 had an isotope that maintained stability reliably and without rapid degradation.  In the public eye, this still has never been achieved.  There is still no stable 115, and all known isotopes degrade rapidly.  In this sense, Lazar's claim has not been vindicated, but he has candidly admitted to stealing some stable 115.  That would be worth a fortune, while constituting theft, but would also vindicate his claims if it was ever made publically available.

So, the claim for the Federal raids was that a woman named Janel Sturtz was poisoned with Thallium Sulfate in Michigan, where Lazar presently lives.  Connections to Lazar were tenuous to non-existent, and the raid on his business was able to find only very legitimate and small scale use of thallium.  I can understand the use of chem suits completely, but not the need to employ 150 agents in the search.  Once the site has been secured, and the suspects shown due process for the search, there was simply no call for sending in party after party of federal agencies for what was juristictionally and procedurally a State (not Federal) matter.  I can understand that if Michigan lacked adequate chemical expertise, they may have needed to call in the FBI, and possibly Homeland Security, but what were the ATF and the rest doing there?  Moral support?

I ask you then, given that the response is not in keeping with the size of the threat, what were all those agents doing there?  They were looking for anything they could use to stitch Lazar up, and they were looking for 115.  I quite liked Lazar's gif:

nerd.gif.c595f0bdeee29236132cae8729e9f274.gif

The fact that it is not stable simply means he lied. Hoping that there is a possible stable isotope is just another "wait and you'll see" argument. In 2008 people wanted everyone to wait till 2012 to see if that was a failure. There was no need to do a wait and see.

The fact is that predictions of islands of stability were made to try and predict what new elements could be made. Modern predictions of heavier elements predict some sort of gluon quark coup for a nucleus. These predictions of stability are useful in determining whether or not a theory is correct. Articles about this were in the public magazines at the time. It was not some hidden secret found only in high end journals. Magazines like Popular Science ran articles on this subject. 

So Lazar claims he stole something extremely valuable and no one has tossed him in jail over this? Really? LOL. If he stole the plans to make a nuclear weapon would he be walking freely? If he stole a vial of small pox would he be walking freely? If he stole anything which the government considers top secret why is he not like Julian Assange - a wanted man?

The idea that the agents were looking for element 115 is a joke. 

• Like 1

Desertrat56
13 hours ago, Habitat said:

Well, you learn something every day, that meaning had never occurred to me, the actual root derivation of words can be very educational.

Yes, I knew Mort was death in latin but I never put it together until Ironside mentioned it.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
2 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I might be in the minority here but I have a hard time finding Lazar credible when I see him speak. I WANT to believe him because it's an amazing story but he just has a dishonest vibe about him imo. 

Of course, it could also be that he's way smarter than I am and I'm mistaking my misunderstanding of the topics for dishonesty.

I don't think you are in the minority.  I don't believe him, I think he is a shill to keep certain groups of people distracted.

• Like 1

the13bats
On 7/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, Desertrat56 said:

The reason they believe Bob Lazar and other stories is because the do have boring lives and no imagination.

BL has been a mystery to me for a long time but not one that hold much interest,

seems his case plays to the very gullible, who ignore weak evidence or support made up imaginary evidence.

ive had many thoughts about him through the years and only have his interviews to gauge my opinions on but i know his type.

and as far as his vauge, lacking of evidence claims it boils down to questions with no answers and no real substance,

"IF" he was in area 51 and did anything even mopping the toilets then he has a long list of breaches of national security that he has never gotten in any hot water for, odd.

his clown posses he leads to watch alleged test flights of craft they dont record it, how convenient,

all the alleged secret work on alien craft he was claiming to be involved in he hasnt brought even one little thing home to show, its all just his stories, he doesnt even use the tech on his old school jet cars.

since all we really have are his stories i loose interest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1