Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts on fate?

VerdeICe

I dont know much other than the idea has been worrisome. I always thought of life as a random thing. Like I might get hit by a car tomarrow or I might live till Im 120. 

But fate kind of scares me. Im sure what I am about to say has many logical ideas about the human brain being faulty but thats not what worries me so I am just going to say it. I think I have seen key points of my life already. 

When I was a kid I would randomly shut down and look at nothing. I remember one of these moments vividly. I just stopped playing with my toys, flattened myself of the carpet, then stared at the ceiling for god knows how long. 

I was reading a book. Turning the pages. It was so vivid that when I snapped out of it I did not know where i was. Just on the floor. 

I hated reading. Like any other kid. 

Years later my parents divorced. Lots of things happened but in sixth grade my teacher started a book and didnt complete. I had to finish it. 

This book lead to me being interested in reading. 

One day. I found a random series of books. They weren't anything special. But the third one. It was the one. The one I read on the floor as a kid.

I thought nothing of this. 

I had many more occurrences over the years. 

My music. Why am I a musician? I remember my first dream about the piano. It ment nothing. I could never play that well.

I played a song recently. Its the song. My fingers move on thier own. Like they already know how to play. My teacher says it natural talent. I guess. But I had only been playing for a month at that point. 

I noticed that every stupid choice I made led to something. Is turing into something. 

But its like its ment to happen.

There was a conversation with my parents recently. I instantly recognised it. I knew every word. What I was supposed to reply. 

Something instinctive tells me to fallow the script. I did. word for word. I could not help it. I felt like I had to. 

It was just a dumb conversation about ice cream. 

It was at that point that I began to wonder if I really had free will. And most importantly. I cant remember where any of this is going. 

This is unsettling because if any of this is true than fate is scary. I would rather things be random. I would rather it all be chance. 

• Like 1

The incident with the ice cream and the book seem convincing.

Me, I haven't had Deja Vu for years, but when I did, it was when I was about to have an argument with someone, and the whole thing seemed like a nightmare. But I'm not sure if it was the nightmare feeling that caused the Deja Vu, or vice-versa.

On the whole, though, I'm with Sarah Connor and her picnic table.

The only thing fated is death. We know not when it will occur. Life is whatever you make it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 5/20/2019 at 12:54 PM, VerdeICe said:

I dont know much other than the idea has been worrisome. I always thought of life as a random thing. Like I might get hit by a car tomarrow or I might live till Im 120. 

But fate kind of scares me. Im sure what I am about to say has many logical ideas about the human brain being faulty but thats not what worries me so I am just going to say it. I think I have seen key points of my life already. 

When I was a kid I would randomly shut down and look at nothing. I remember one of these moments vividly. I just stopped playing with my toys, flattened myself of the carpet, then stared at the ceiling for god knows how long. 

I was reading a book. Turning the pages. It was so vivid that when I snapped out of it I did not know where i was. Just on the floor. 

I hated reading. Like any other kid. 

Years later my parents divorced. Lots of things happened but in sixth grade my teacher started a book and didnt complete. I had to finish it. 

This book lead to me being interested in reading. 

One day. I found a random series of books. They weren't anything special. But the third one. It was the one. The one I read on the floor as a kid.

I thought nothing of this. 

I had many more occurrences over the years. 

My music. Why am I a musician? I remember my first dream about the piano. It ment nothing. I could never play that well.

I played a song recently. Its the song. My fingers move on thier own. Like they already know how to play. My teacher says it natural talent. I guess. But I had only been playing for a month at that point. 

I noticed that every stupid choice I made led to something. Is turing into something. 

But its like its ment to happen.

There was a conversation with my parents recently. I instantly recognised it. I knew every word. What I was supposed to reply. 

Something instinctive tells me to fallow the script. I did. word for word. I could not help it. I felt like I had to. 

It was just a dumb conversation about ice cream. 

It was at that point that I began to wonder if I really had free will. And most importantly. I cant remember where any of this is going. 

This is unsettling because if any of this is true than fate is scary. I would rather things be random. I would rather it all be chance. 

Hello Verdelce. As a child I was raised to believe in the concepts of karma, fate being pre-determined, and reincarnation. Now I’m 45 years old, aa an adult I have questioned the topics of fate, karma, and reincarnation, sometimes I have my doubts, but the more I have experienced life the more I have started to believe. There’s a British sport called Snooker, a type of Billiards game played on a 12’x6’ table with 6 pockets, and cues. Anyhow there’s a British professional Snooker player namely ‘Jimmy White’, when he was about 12 years of age he developed an interest in the game of Snooker, at the time he played the game using club cues for customers at his local Snooker club, as at that point in time he didn’t own a Snooker cue of his own. However when it was nearing his birthday, Jimmy Whit’s eldest brother asked Jimmy whether Jimmy would like a Snooker cue or a bicycle for his birthday, to which Jimmy asked for a bicycle instead; which got stolen soon after his birthday. Then soon afterwards, Jimmy and his Secondary school friend were playing truent, during which they went on a day-trip to central-London. Upon returning to their local Underground station (Subway station), they didn’t have a valid ticket for the journey they made, so Jimmy decided to to a summersault over the automatic ticket barrier, in doing so he severely injured his foot so bad, he was admitted to a hospital where his foot and leg were in a plaster-cast. Upon being discharged from the hospital, he was given a wooden walking-stick which tapered like a Snooker cue. Not long after being discharged from hospital, Jimmy continued playing Snooker again, albeit using his walking-stick. You see?; it was fate that was guiding him to take the path of Snooker, but when Jimmy chose a bicycle over a cue, the powers-that-be tried to push Jimmy to focus on Snooker by getting his bicycle stolen, plus those powers-that-be played a part in getting Jimmy injured when he attempted to leap over the ticket barrier, which resulted in Jimmy being given a walking stick shaped like a Snooker cue, you see?. There’s a pattern here. Jimmy White was fated to become a professional Snooker player, it’s what the powers-that be wanted for Jimmy.