Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Upper Classes truly believe they are superior

Eldorado

19 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Example

People not being equals is fact, and its you that has the problem with it.

You arent as intelligent as Einstein, you arent as rich as Bill Gates, you arent as athletic as Hussein Bolt, you dont have the power of Trump, you arent as good at football as Messi, and on and on.

Why is that a problem for you?

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The 'universe' does nothing. If someone hates another they are going to either consciously or subconsciously look for information to support their views. Thus reinforcing their opinions. They will then seek on some level to reinforce their beliefs in a self-perpetrating cycle. Call it a feedback loop if you like.

I would argue it does.

And all one has to do is change their mentality and they see a change. Thats evidence.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I would argue it does.

And all one has to do is change their mentality and they see a change. Thats evidence.

No. That's called confirmation bias and belief perseverance. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No. That's called cinformation bias and belief perseverance. 

Get away with you. I know you Xenofish, you arent going to believe in anything like this ever lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Get away with you. I know you Xenofish, you arent going to believe in anything like this ever lol.

Not coming from you that's for sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

People not being equals is fact, and its you that has the problem with it.

You arent as intelligent as Einstein, you arent as rich as Bill Gates, you arent as athletic as Hussein Bolt, you dont have the power of Trump, you arent as good at football as Messi, and on and on.

Why is that a problem for you?

I'm aware i'm not as smart as Einstein. Definitely not as rich as Mr. Gates as for this Hussein Bolt character i'm not sure i might be? As long as he's not related to Usain bolt..

It's not a problem that is not my argument.

Just now, Ironside said:

I'm aware i'm not as smart as Einstein. Definitely not as rich as Mr. Gates as for this Hussein Bolt character i'm not sure i might be? As long as he's not related to Usain bolt..

It's not a problem that is not my argument.

You claimed people are equals but as we are not clones of each other then we are not.

It tends to be the political left who convince themselves the fallacy of everyone being equals is true. Its to protect their egos, they cannot handle that there are a lot of people out there better than them.

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

You claimed people are equals but as we are not clones of each other then we are not.

It tends to be the political left who convince themselves the fallacy of everyone being equals is true. Its to protect their egos, they cannot handle that there are a lot of people out there better than them.

I'm a radical centrist....

Edited by Ironside
  • Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Thats wrong because it assumes atheism, and I`m not an atheist.

Wow that explains a lot then. I'm not an atheist either but i'm definitely not religious i'm not arrogant enough to confirm or deny the existence of a creator god/Master simulation. (No that wasn't a shot at you Xeno) :P

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats wrong because it assumes atheism, and I`m not an atheist.

And you're wrong for not considering that your god doesnt actually exist so the point still stands.

3 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Wow that explains a lot then. I'm not an atheist either but i'm definitely not religious i'm not arrogant enough to confirm or deny the existence of a creator god/Master simulation. (No that wasn't a shot at you Xeno) :P

I'm an apathiest, I don't care either way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ironside said:

I have a completely different philosophy and approach to life than you do.

I find it funny that 95% of people think the same way in society, and only 5% make their own minds up about things. Strangely enough its 5% that have the most money too. Coincidence or not?

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I find it funny that 95% of people think the same way in society, and only 5% make their own minds up about things. Strangely enough its 5% that have the most money too. Coincidence or not?

Can you support this statement with statistics? 

• Like 2

Where are you getting these figures? 95% of statistics on forums are made up on the spot. Again your assuming i think like everyone else. I like to think i dont think like everyone else but how can you possibly know that?

Edited by Ironside

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm an apathiest, I don't care either way. 

I can relate. 

Really? Great detective work

2 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Where are you getting these figures? 95% of statistics on forums are made up on the spot. Again your assuming i think like everyone else. I like to think i dont think like everyone else but how can you possibly know that?

Well I`m off out now so you and Xeno enjoy yourselves lol

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Lets supposed you come across a high flyer in society who is elitist, patronising, and who likes to put people down. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism My friend i don't need to suppose anything... It's you.

Edited by Ironside

On June 30, 2019 at 7:38 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Would you want to lock someone up for 5 years if they benefit society hugely?

You assume all politicians "benefit society hugely" ? !  ...but to the point,  If they are a convicted criminal ,which proves they are not to be trusted,  you would want to return them to power where their dishonest nature could harm an entire county, state, or nation?

For being a self professed superior being in all ways including intellectually , that seems kinda stupid to me.

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:45 AM, XenoFish said:

Intelligence is a tricky question. What exactly define it? A test. Nah, I think it all comes down to what you're capable of doing with what you know. 

I would call that wisdom, not intelligence.

• Like 1

The article is referring to class not intelligence. Upper class people of course think they are superior whether they earned their class level or not. What to me is interesting is what happens when they lose that upper class status. The Great Depression has ample first person writings from exceedingly rich upper class people who became poor as dirt farmers overnight. Whatever you earned or inherited can disappear like a fart in the wind and with it whatever status you thought you had. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me,  a person who professes themselves "superior" to anyone else.. demonstrates the opposite.    

• Thanks 1