Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Upper Classes truly believe they are superior

Eldorado

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have a completely different philosophy and approach to life than you do.

I find it funny that 95% of people think the same way in society, and only 5% make their own minds up about things. Strangely enough its 5% that have the most money too. Coincidence or not?

I think you mean 99% and 1%.  And you're part of the very special 1%.

On May 22, 2019 at 7:16 AM, RabidMongoose said:

You people need to see your negativity!

You dont rise to upper class if you are incompetent. Show me a job paying even a middle class wage without a degree or professional qualification? There are some, but very few. I will only agree that intelligent people from working class backgrounds with the right mentality to go far in life need helping with social mobility. While I dont wish to bruise their egos, sadly it isn't most of them.

I notice you refer to people from working class backgrounds as "them"....    Which peeks my curiousity as to your background... would you mind telling us the "class" into which you were born?   are you a self made man or was your superiority inherited?      $$$$$$$$$

if these questions are too personal, I apologize,   .. just trying to understand where your coming from.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lightly said:

I notice you refer to people from working class backgrounds as "them"....    Which peeks my curiousity as to your background... would you mind telling us the "class" into which you were born?   are you a self made man or was your superiority inherited?      $$$$$$$$$

if these questions are too personal, I apologize,   .. just trying to understand where your coming from.

I`m self made.

And to get there I went through the process of having to dump the bad mentality of my parents etc.

• Like 2

I'm self made as well, but knowing where I came from has kept me humble in that respect. If anyone achieves their dream or goal, so be it. Good for them. I can't fault anyone for that. I don't have much, yet it's mine. 

• Like 4

I get the issue you're having with co-workers, rabid. You've got a superiority complex and the other employees do not take well to that. That's why you are having those issue. You think you're better than them. You've even mentioned before how you look down on those less than you and despise those above you. Wow, and I'm the negative one.

• Thanks 3

On 5/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, XenoFish said:

Anyone below a 100 IQ will has problems.

Now, that's funny.

I see intelligence as the ability to use what you know. Along with common sense and reason. All an IQ test really does is show memorization skills. I'm a repetition learner. Link.

So before someone wants to accuse me of intellectual arrogance. I'm going to shoot straight with all of you. I am an idiot. It takes me 100's of repetition to fully learn something, plus I have to apply that knowledge in a real world way. I had one lesson in CNC programming and roughly 15 years of screwing up, learning through trial and a lot of error. Am I great at it, good enough to make money off of it. There are people out there who far surpass my skill level. I'm cool with that. 

You also have to consider that someone might be a 'genius' in one area and a complete moron in another. We are all like that. Occasionally there are those who are well rounded, I'm not one of them.

Stupid rich people become stupid poor people.

Smart rich people become even richer.

Stupid poor people stay poor.

Smart poor people can become rich of they desire. 

It's all in the goals and willingness to apply oneself fully to them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I see intelligence as the ability to use what you know. Along with common sense and reason. All an IQ test really does is show memorization skills. I'm a repetition learner. Link.

So before someone wants to accuse me of intellectual arrogance. I'm going to shoot straight with all of you. I am an idiot. It takes me 100's of repetition to fully learn something, plus I have to apply that knowledge in a real world way. I had one lesson in CNC programming and roughly 15 years of screwing up, learning through trial and a lot of error. Am I great at it, good enough to make money off of it. There are people out there who far surpass my skill level. I'm cool with that. 

You also have to consider that someone might be a 'genius' in one area and a complete moron in another. We are all like that. Occasionally there are those who are well rounded, I'm not one of them.

Stupid rich people become stupid poor people.

Smart rich people become even richer.

Stupid poor people stay poor.

Smart poor people can become rich of they desire. 

It's all in the goals and willingness to apply oneself fully to them. 

I think thats what @RabidMongoose was trying to say he was just being a pretentious dick about it. Lazy and stupid are also interchangeable in this case, but not the same thing. I like to think i'm lazy not stupid. :P

Edited by Ironside
Grammar

5 hours ago, Ironside said:

i'm lazy not stupid. :P

I prefer efficient and smart, I work hard to be lazy.:lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I`m self made.

And to get there I went through the process of having to dump the bad mentality of my parents etc.

Thanks a lot for answering my rather invasive question RM..  I respect your achievement and suddenly see you in a much better light :)

15 minutes ago, lightly said:

Thanks a lot for answering my rather invasive question RM..  I respect your achievement and suddenly see you in a much better light :)

Lower Class people are 99% potted plants or like human battery hen chickens. 

They all think the same, act the same, behave the same, have the same attitudes, have the same beliefs, etc. This includes those that stop them rising up the socio-economic ladder.

Success is not about luck. Its about hard work, getting an education or vital skill, taking calculated risks, and having the confidence to have a go instead of working for someone else.

Its about the law of attraction (the law of universal punishment) too. The universe acts to break down our egos and sends experiences our way to do this. So we choose our ego to help us get on and do well in life.

For example in his biographies Napoleon says he hated having to do anything. He wished he could have lazed around in bed until late morning every day. And that other people were competent enough not to need him to sort out every problem. The universe punished him by making him emperor.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

I dunno about all that RM....I've known a lot of people in my life and each one was and is unique really.   What exactly is success?   Is it only measured monetarily or materially ?  I'm not sure I believe in the concept of superiority at all.

Once, I passed the test in the internet, and scored 108 points but I was in a bit of a hurry at the end when the questions became more complicated and I want to be in time earlier. My head felt heavy all day because of the test.
Someone said that the iq test only checks the level of ability for this test and not the level of intelligence.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, Eldorado said:

"People of higher social standing believe they are better than their lower-class counterparts, research suggests.

"And this overconfidence can then be misinterpreted as them being more competent - even if this is not necessarily true - in situations such as job interviews, according to a study.

"Researchers in the United States and Singapore carried out four experiments to look at the link between class and confidence and how they might affect the perception of a person’s abilities."

Full short article it iNews via MSN: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/upper-classes-really-do-think-they-are-better-than-other-people-according-to-a-study/ar-AABDrSD

"Why High-Class People Get Away With Incompetence"

At the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/science/social-class-confidence.html

"People in higher social class have an exaggerated belief that they are better than others"

At Phys Org: https://phys.org/news/2019-05-people-higher-social-class-exaggerated.html

well not all but mostly they are, they achieved something that many others dream everyday but have no guts, courage to try.  those people do have all that. they create things,  build businesses,  employ people,  they do things that make a difference,  so how do we call people who have something most others do not, do things that most others would not dare, yea, they are superior people.  it is a fallacy that all people are equal, they are not.

Edited by aztek

On 5/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, XenoFish said:

Intelligence is a tricky question. What exactly define it? A test. Nah, I think it all comes down to what you're capable of doing with what you know. 

lose term is street smart.

I only see one measurement being used in all of this "superiority"....and "higher classes".....WEALTH.    Those born into it don't impress me in the least.   Those who express an attitude or air of superiority because of it  disgust me the most.

To me, that seems an Extremely  narrow measure of the value of a human being.  

If I were to subscribe to a notion of superiority at all....I would measure it by how kind someone is to others...how empathetic, compassionate, caring, helpful.   

Hard work growing into financial success can be very admirable...and  can  benefit society,   .. I just don't see it as the pinnacle of human accomplishment.     

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 1:22 AM, lightly said:

I only see one measurement being used in all of this "superiority"....and "higher classes".....WEALTH.    Those born into it don't impress me in the least.   Those who express an attitude or air of superiority because of it  disgust me the most.

To me, that seems an Extremely  narrow measure of the value of a human being.  

If I were to subscribe to a notion of superiority at all....I would measure it by how kind someone is to others...how empathetic, compassionate, caring, helpful.   

Hard work growing into financial success can be very admirable...and  can  benefit society,   .. I just don't see it as the pinnacle of human accomplishment.     

The more evolved someone is, and the more evolved their ancestors were, the greater the chance of them occupying higher positions in society.

Lack of intelligence holds people back, poor behavioural control holds people back, laziness holds people back, a tendency to make bad life decisions holds people back, etc, etc. It isn't easy for people to rise because they have to overcome several problems that held their ancestors back which they might well have inherited too.

But when it comes down to it success is rarely the result of luck, its usually survival of the fittest.

• Confused 1

RabidMongoose,

Can a poor person be "success" ful?      I'm saying that wealth is not the only measure of "success" or "superiority". Apparently that is beyond the understanding of most people?

Was mother Teresa some sort of inferior being because she had no wealth?

Were she and her "ancestors less evolved"? Was she "less intelligent"?  Did she have "poor behavioral control"? Was she lazy? Did she make "bad life decisions"? 

She was certainly poor, did that make her inferior?   I think she was one of the most truely Superior and successful people ever.

Edited by lightly
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2019 at 1:22 AM, lightly said:

And those who seek it above all else in life are, in my opinion, the least "evolved" of all.  

Although I admit I do feel that it's a bit like heroin addiction - and we should perhaps pity them to some extent.  Being addicted to money - as we see in the media every day - is more often than not a sure path to misery.   The more you have the more you want the more you need .....   Whereas those content with little enjoy their lives every day, not developing ulcers and heart disease because someone, somewhere, has even more than they have and it's not fair ....

Wealth is not measure of success. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lightly said:

RabidMongoose,

Can a poor person be "success" ful?      I'm saying that wealth is not the only measure of "success" or "superiority". Apparently that is beyond the understanding of most people?

Was mother Teresa some sort of inferior being because she had no wealth?

Were she and her "ancestors less evolved"? Was she "less intelligent"?  Did she have "poor behavioral control"? Was she lazy? Did she make "bad life decisions"? 

She was certainly poor, did that make her inferior?   I think she was one of the most truely Superior and successful people ever.

Mother Teresa was a horrible person, a quick search will tell you that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Essan said:

And those who seek it above all else in life are, in my opinion, the least "evolved" of all.  

Although I admit I do feel that it's a bit like heroin addiction - and we should perhaps pity them to some extent.  Being addicted to money - as we see in the media every day - is more often than not a sure path to misery.   The more you have the more you want the more you need .....   Whereas those content with little enjoy their lives every day, not developing ulcers and heart disease because someone, somewhere, has even more than they have and it's not fair ....

Wealth is not measure of success. 

How do you define success? 

Just now, XenoFish said:

How do you define success? 

Being respected and admired by others, for what I say, do, have learned and give back to others, is, I think, a good measure of success? 

A successful sportsman, actor or musician is one who performs very well, fairly and provides enjoyment for those who watch.  It may be that they also earn a ridiculous sum of money as a consequence, but that is the point: their wealth is only a consequence of their success. 

12 minutes ago, Essan said:

Being respected and admired by others, for what I say, do, have learned and give back to others, is, I think, a good measure of success? 

A successful sportsman, actor or musician is one who performs very well, fairly and provides enjoyment for those who watch.  It may be that they also earn a ridiculous sum of money as a consequence, but that is the point: their wealth is only a consequence of their success. 

So the achievement of one's goals, aims, and ambitions that cause people to respect you.