Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Upper Classes truly believe they are superior

60 posts in this topic

RoofGardener

"Upper class truly believe they are superior..."

Well, we simply ARE, old chap. 

Here's a picture of a typical upper-class person. 

33c92920-3207-11e8-b9ab-50675b2358e0.jpg33c92920-3207-11e8-b9ab-50675b2358e0.jpgjacob-rees-mogg-in-top-hat-wide-shot-e15

And below is a picture of a scruffy, low-class peasant oik. 

1*0vUa_xuMywcVZg5ftMUoFA.jpeg

Which would YOU prefer in your house ? 

XenoFish
3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You people need to see your negativity!

You dont rise to upper class if you are incompetent. Show me a job paying even a middle class wage without a degree or professional qualification? There are some, but very few. I will only agree that intelligent people from working class backgrounds with the right mentality to go far in life need helping with social mobility. While I dont wish to bruise their egos, sadly it isn't most of them.

I float right between upper and middle class with only a high school diploma and willpower. 

• Like 1

Essan
3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

33c92920-3207-11e8-b9ab-50675b2358e0.jpg33c92920-3207-11e8-b9ab-50675b2358e0.jpgjacob-rees-mogg-in-top-hat-wide-shot-e15

Proof positive that they are all as bad as each other :P 

RabidMongoose
6 minutes ago, joc said:

Intelligence is not a matter of inheritance.  Nor is it a matter of education.  Intelligence is the art of thinking.  You are not born with that...and it most certainly can be taught....and learned.  How to think...this is where intelligence actually defines itself.  No one is 'born' knowing how to think.  It is something that is learned along the road of life.  Hopefully, children's parents teach them along the way to adulthood....but so often this is not the case and so the adult is faced with the challenge of learning how to think on their own.  A degree doesn't mean you know how to think.  Acquiring a large amount of wealth doesn't mean you know how to think either.  There is no Pedigree for intelligence.  

People are born with the potential for intelligence.

While its true you have to teach them things to take advantage of that potential, only minor improvements to that increase that potential can be made with diet, parenting, and high quality education. People are not equals. Some are intellectually gifted and some arent. I like to think that we are all mature enough to realise people are not equals.

We all come in different shapes, sizes, and abilities.

RabidMongoose
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Jacob, I could have a meaningful intellectual debate with him.

Edited by RabidMongoose

RabidMongoose
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I float right between upper and middle class with only a high school diploma and willpower. 

Doing what?

Essan
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I am upper middle working class.  Except at weekends.  

Edit: but I did get a grade A 'O' Level in geology :D 

Edited by Essan

XenoFish
1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

Doing what?

I'm a self employed machinist. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
Just now, XenoFish said:

I'm a self employed machinist. 

Well dont mess it up because most working class people arent on middle class wages.

Middle Class is a combined household income (husband + wife) or £40,000 or more a year. Upper class is £86,000 or more a year.

XenoFish
Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Well dont mess it up because most working class people arent on middle class wages.

Middle Class is a combined household income (husband + wife) or £40,000 or more a year. Upper class is £86,000 or more a year.

I've been at this for nearly 21 years. I'm established. 

• Like 1

Essan
Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Class isn't determined by income ;)  

I'm a business owner.  By definition middle class.   My income is under £10k a year.   And there are many working and middle class millionaires out there (far more than upper class ones!)

• Like 2

Timothy
On 5/21/2019 at 5:17 AM, godnodog said:

We can all believe all that we want, at the end if the day we get kicked in the ass by reality.
I believe I am god´s gift to women, they just don´t see it

Is it meant to be god-no-dog or god-on-dog?

XenoFish
2 minutes ago, Essan said:

Class isn't determined by income ;)  

I'm a business owner.  By definition middle class.   My income is under £10k a year.   And there are many working and middle class millionaires out there (far more than upper class ones!)

Its all in managing money, basically it's a numbers game. 

Essan
Just now, XenoFish said:

Its all in managing money, basically it's a numbers game. 

Actually,l think these days class is determined by the amount of time spent watching "reality" TV shows and using a mobile phone for anything other than essential phone calls.

Which makes me upper, upper, superior class :D  

• Haha 1

RabidMongoose

The Queen on a visit of Sainsburys (fast forward to 1.45 minute in) -

Notice her baffled expression at the self service till as if the concept is totally alien to her. She is thinking to herself I dont know about this, where are all the servants? Thats when you know you are upper class - you have minions to do all the work.

Middle Class is when you can afford your own cleaning lady. Upper Class is when you can add a chef, gardener, driver, shopper, someone to wipe your bottom after going to the toilet, and butler to the list lmao.

lightly

I think maybe intelligence is measured by one's ability to learn....to absorb and retain knowledge?

"class" can be described and observed in more ways than one. ? I lean more toward the demonstrable measure than the monetary measure.   I know rich people who are A** ****s .  And poor people with a lot of "class".   And vise versa.

• Like 1

Susanc241
16 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Notice her baffled expression at the self service till as if the concept is totally alien to her. She is thinking to herself I dont know about this, where are all the servants? Thats when you know you are upper class - you have minions to do all the work.

Middle Class is when you can afford your own cleaning lady. Upper Class is when you can add a chef, gardener, driver, shopper, someone to wipe your bottom after going to the toilet, and butler to the list lmao.

I rather think that may be as much to do with her age as her status!  We senior citizens do tend to find some of the current technology difficult.  To be honest I just can’t be bothered with a lot of it.  I love my iPad (started using computers in the work environment in 1990) but don’t have a mobile phone.  Don’t have a use for one so why spend the money?  I avoid self service tills like the plague, and so on.

And as someone said earlier in this thread, I think you have to have the inherent capability for intelligence.  50/50 maybe with what you are born with and how you learn to use it.

• Like 2

XenoFish

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA1HRNHonHsLdxn564zM4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

godnodog
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Timothy said:

Is it meant to be or god-on-dog?

god-no-dog

also it has no meaning, Ijust like how it sounds

Edited by godnodog
  • Thanks 1

joc
9 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you are so intelligent, why do you post unintelligent answers?

Look...I am not picking on you.  But the truth you are telling just isn't.  It is actually part of the problem described in  the OPs thread.

The truth is...barring any mental disabilities...we are all equal....at least in America...because we have the Freedom to achieve anything we can think of.  It isn't how much money one's parents have...it is not measured in how much one makes or accumulates.  Intelligence is measured by the ability of an individual to achieve success in whatever undertaking one chooses to succeed in.  Whether it is tying your shoe laces...or accumulation wealth...intelligence can only be measured by what one does with what one knows...not what one knows.

• Like 2

XenoFish

Some people don't want to be millionaires. They just want an enjoyable life. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

joc
6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Some people don't want to be millionaires. They just want an enjoyable life. 

Accumulation of wealth has never been a real pursuit of mine.  If it had been...I'd be very wealthy.  I am one of the most successful people I know.  

and then
18 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The one who ISN'T a flaming anti-Semite please... thank you.

Essan
16 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Notice her baffled expression at the self service till as if the concept is totally alien to her.

Means I must be upper class as well then :D