Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US government covered up UFO incidents

JessicaButerfly

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Would you care to answer the question I asked @JessicaButerfly?

That makes a conspiracy like that impossible to begin with. 

Of course.

The leaders of the *world* - not just the US, know instinctively that allowing a belief in intelligent Aliens would result in loss of faith in elected leaders, scientific leaders, and religious leaders, and would lead to unbridled curiosity and homage paid to Aliens. Not good.  It could really destroy the fabric of a society.

Care to address the problem I posed in the Battle over LA scenario where the military claims the aerial object that the military shot at was a weather balloon? After all, this thread *is* about government coverups of UFOs.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

2 hours ago, JessicaButerfly said:

There are things for which no matter how much you hate, you still need to unite them.

That is a typical CT response. The problem I see is that there is no reason for it.

There are people like Assange that would not hesitate to report this. Why haven't they?

Another example is Snowden. 

There are plenty of people out there that would instantly spout off about this. It simply becomes impossible to keep this bottled up.

What about when governments fall?

If this is so important to the US why doesn't a place like North Korea try to use this as leverage to get what they want?

• Like 3

The idea that revealing the existence of aliens would in some way undermine the social fabric that has been built up is a joke.

Aliens have been discussed for over a century. Take Lovecraft. He discusses aliens in many of his books. They really have no interest in humans for the most part. Aliens are mentioned by Welles. For over a century there has been aliens in books and movies and TV. There were aliens in the silent movie era. 

The president of the US went public about the possibility of ancient life. There is project SETI. There is a constant barrage of reports of new planets. Kepler was designed to find alien planets.

And people actually pretend that this is all being hidden from the masses. 

LOL, time to start looking around and see that there is a very active search for aliens and it is not being hidden from us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Battle of Los Angeles was the firing of AA shells into the night sky. The idea at the time was that the government was hiding how close the  enemy was at the time. The ideas did not deal with UFOs which were introduced at a much later time. The UFO notion comes from a photo, which was a faked photo.

• Like 1

The idea that every world government is in cahoots and is able to keep "aliens" a secret is, quite frankly, more stupid than the idea of aliens visiting us in the first place.

Alien visitors? Sure, maybe. Complete cooperation between all world governments? Not. Gonna. Happen.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, JessicaButerfly said:

NASA has its headquarters in the whole world :)

Headquarter is in the US and nowhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

By the very nature of "coverup" we really have no idea what the government knew about UFOs and when. However, we do know that government coverups of UFOs started decades ago

What?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

The idea that every world government is in cahoots and is able to keep "aliens" a secret is, quite frankly, more stupid than the idea of aliens visiting us in the first place.

Alien visitors? Sure, maybe. Complete cooperation between all world governments? Not. Gonna. Happen.

Who said they are cooperating?  Do you need cooperation to have all nations agree not to poison their own water?

53 minutes ago, toast said:

What?

you snipped the rest of it, toast.  Why for??   Read the rest of it and tell me that "weather balloon" is anything BUT a coverup.  You too, @Piney

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

38 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Who said they are cooperating?  Do you need cooperation to have all nations agree not to poison their own water?

Not all of them would find it "poisonous", some might find it enlightening to share the knowledge. Some might do it just to spite the others. Since when do dictator types do what the rest of the world tells them? Some kill their own people with no regard for world laws, you think they would give two ****s about "poisoning the water"?

There's a whole bevy of reasons for someone not to "play along". All it takes is one person with an agenda and access to hard evidence to blow it wide open. Thinking that every leader in every country is going to agree with keeping a secret like this is completely naive.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you snipped the rest of it, toast.  Why for??   Read the rest of it and tell me that "weather balloon" is anything BUT a coverup. 

Its not about a balloon or whatever. I quoted the one sentence only because it is a contradiction in itself

41 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you snipped the rest of it, toast.  Why for??   Read the rest of it and tell me that "weather balloon" is anything BUT a coverup.  You too, @Piney

Covering up a experimental spy balloon. They also experimented with launching spy satellites by balloon. Which was another abject failure. 

• Like 1

no reason to get mad when a person doesnt agree with you, its not personal,

not my intention but if i offend you please rate the offense that way i can decide if i want to do better next time.

Stanton Friedman just pasted so i will have due respects, i liked him okay but he was either honestly or by profession ( he earned a good living as a ufologist ) a dear true believer, i didnt agree with a lot of his theories like ancient people were too stupid to do any mundain thing without the help of aliens.

he had a habit as most DTBs do that when their argument falls apart with the presentation of facts they yell conspiracy theory, 

no, i dont for one minute believe that every goverment and human puts aside their personal agendas and egos to maintain a conspiracy that UFOs are alien craft and are here and have been here, not one good reason to keep it undercover, if it were true its a powerful tool but the era we live in people are not so easy to freak out, we have become very desensitized, admitting ET is here really wouldnt cause much panic. and eot could say told you so to me.

i do believe in coverups but they are of secret man made stuff we dont want our enemies to know about, not ET.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Unsupported assumption that this would "poison their own water"

Please provide evidence that this in any way would "poison their own water"

• Like 2

Please provide what is being covered up.

The weather balloon is only an explanation for the reason crews fired at nothing at all.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

i do believe in coverups but they are of secret man made stuff we dont want our enemies to know about, not ET.

:yes:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JessicaButerfly said:

There are things for which no matter how much you hate, you still need to unite them.

There is no need to unite, power is more important. And there's still the amateur community who report to nobody yet even inform NASA of celestial activity that they missed. They are not affiliated with anyone. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Of course.

The leaders of the *world* - not just the US, know instinctively that allowing a belief in intelligent Aliens would result in loss of faith in elected leaders, scientific leaders, and religious leaders, and would lead to unbridled curiosity and homage paid to Aliens. Not good.  It could really destroy the fabric of a society.

What leaders of the world? Who unites North Korea and the US or Russia and China? 

And what about the amateur community of astronomers? They have never reported things like motherships or alien spacecraft and they have better coverage than anyone. 

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Care to address the problem I posed in the Battle over LA scenario where the military claims the aerial object that the military shot at was a weather balloon? After all, this thread *is* about government coverups of UFOs.

I did, you asked if I accept the balloon claim, and I stated, yes amongst other things like war nerves from previous attacks in recent days. There is nothing to actually show any craft was fired upon. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And there's still the amateur community who report to nobody yet even inform NASA of celestial activity that they missed. They are not affiliated with anyone. 

I forgot about that and I work with one. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, moonman said:

Not all of them would find it "poisonous", some might find it enlightening to share the knowledge. Some might do it just to spite the others. Since when do dictator types do what the rest of the world tells them? Some kill their own people with no regard for world laws, you think they would give two ****s about "poisoning the water"?

There's a whole bevy of reasons for someone not to "play along". All it takes is one person with an agenda and access to hard evidence to blow it wide open. Thinking that every leader in every country is going to agree with keeping a secret like this is completely naive.

The other side of this too, moonman is,, who said ET's are cooperating to get the word out? It's obvious they are not.  They, with their millions/billions of years experience would know better than humans just how much their interaction with humans can destroy the structure and hierarchy of society.

Also, moonman, let us not forget, two countries DO tell their people about UFO's, Belgium and Iran.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I forgot about that and I work with one. :blink:

which one, MUFON?   heheh  ;)

6 hours ago, Trelane said:

What is your stance/opinion @JessicaButerfly? What are you basing this off of to back up these up. Basically, what has motivated you to post?

I just want to share with you information which in my opinion is interesting :) Maybe anyone would find it interesting too, and also I want to hear people opinion. That's it.

• Like 2

Also, moonman, let us not forget, two countries DO tell their people about UFO's, Belgium and Iran.

No hits on the HP of the Belgian Federal Government for "UFO".

Iran? :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The other side of this too, moonman is,, who said ET's are cooperating to get the word out? It's obvious they are not.  They, with their millions/billions of years experience would know better than humans just how much their interaction with humans can destroy the structure and hierarchy of society.

More speculation and pure nonsense with no evidence. 

Can you please elaborate on what you’re referring to regarding Belgium and Iran? 

• Like 3